onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

If Dennis goes to Bradford, I wouldn't begrudge him moving to a bigger club, bigger crowds, higher wages and L1 football.

That would push Alex Jones further down the pecking order and we might be able to bring him back for a small fee (or even free).

"WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO RESIGN PLAYERS THAT USED TO PLAY FOR US".

He would be the perfect partner for Pope and would definitely score goals at this level. Would be young enough to have a further sell on value too.

Advert

Cant do much about that, they have more money, are in a good position in a higher league, the same story up to the top teams in Europe. All we can do is offer what he is worth to the Vale and hope he does not prefer to live elsewhere. Cant be sure what the Spires game is, so I am sure there are other options, we cant wait for weeks if nothing is moving. So fingers crossed.

Cant do much about that, they have more money, are in a good position in a higher league, the same story up to the top teams in Europe. All we can do is offer what he is worth to the Vale and hope he does not prefer to live elsewhere. Cant be sure what the Spires game is, so I am sure there are other options, we cant wait for weeks if nothing is moving. So fingers crossed.

Bradford offered 175k I believe in Jan which was accepted. They will probably want close to that. id imagine around 150k would get him.

I'm not that convinced there would a massive queue of clubs in Leagues 1 & 2 either willing or able to match Chesterfield's valuation of Dennis.

But Bradford would probably be one of them. If he was a few years younger then perhaps Peterborough as well.

It would have to be a bit of a marquee signing for a club or chairman willing to splash the cash.

It might make sense for us to offer 20k but not near six figures.

If they're after Dennis again, I don't think he'll join us, as he obviously wanted to join them in January. Add into that the fact that they're in L1, and will pay more wages, it sounds like a no brainer from the player's perspective. That said (and not a fan of bringing back old players usually), I wonder if Alex Jones might be on his way out, given his lack of appearances (and goals) last season? If so, would we want him?

I think Bradford are managerless at the moment.May work in our favour?

Archived