onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Vale fans slag off their own player and wonder why other clubs rate them more than we do. Theres a shocker.

He,s been playing full back at Blackpool can’t remember him playing full back at Vale.

Seems like they did what Aspin did with Montano.

Daniel was like a headless chicken when he played at Vale up front.

Hm okay

But if we are going to pay for a goalscorer, Danny Rowe or Andrade can’t be out of our league?

Andrade it seems could be heading for Lincoln and if as i believe we are only offering clubs deals per goal then we wont be paying 100-150k for a player imo...just been very good PR from the club

Andrade it seems could be heading for Lincoln and if as i believe we are only offering clubs deals per goal then we wont be paying 100-150k for a player imo...just been very good PR from the club

So you are suggesting that we haven't offered 100k plus for Dennis but instead offered Chesterfield no money upfront and only looking to pay for him based on how many goals he has scored? Have you just made this up or is it fact.

The Allens have set a price, Dennis is considering his options. Allen(Chairman) can invest in Allen to get his money back or cut his losses and sell up, fairly straightforward as football clubs go.

So you are suggesting that we haven't offered 100k plus for Dennis but instead offered Chesterfield no money upfront and only looking to pay for him based on how many goals he has scored?

It's only a rumour but it's what I've heard as well.

I know which one is more plausible.

So you are suggesting that we haven't offered 100k plus for Dennis but instead offered Chesterfield no money upfront and only looking to pay for him based on how many goals he has scored? Have you just made this up or is it fact.

I dont tend to make things up...no point but its up to others what they believe or not

Sounds to me like Martin Allen’s plan is to keep Dennis at all costs by placing a steep valuation on him to deter any bidders and then, if he won’t accept the improved offer they’ve made, to make him play out his contract for one season in an attempt to get back to L2 in one go and then hold on to him back in the EFL. Big risk, which could mean they lose him for nowt in a year’s time but who could blame them?

Doesn’t help us though and all the rumours about cheapskate offers are depressingly too easy to believe. The only thing that’s going to result in a surge of support is making a top signing of a proven goalscorer, just as Aspo has planned. Let’s hope he’s not disappointed.

Sounds to me like Martin Allen’s plan is to keep Dennis at all costs by placing a steep valuation on him to deter any bidders and then, if he won’t accept the improved offer they’ve made, to make him play out his contract for one season in an attempt to get back to L2 in one go and then hold on to him back in the EFL. Big risk, which could mean they lose him for nowt in a year’s time but who could blame them?

Doesn’t help us though and all the rumours about cheapskate offers are depressingly too easy to believe. The only thing that’s going to result in a surge of support is making a top signing of a proven goalscorer, just as Aspo has planned. Let’s hope he’s not disappointed.

As you say,the problem with making people think you are putting in big bids they will now expect us to pay 100-150k for a player if we miss out on Dennis

As you say,the problem with making people think you are putting in big bids they will now expect us to pay 100-150k for a player if we miss out on Dennis
Contracted goal scorers do not come cheap even if they have never played in the FL. Aspin and Rudge surely know the market, and if the Allens are set on bouncing back will need to replace Dennis if anyone meets their asking price, so not a buyer`s market there.

Yeah, I thought £100k was Chesterfield's valuation. I can't imagine we will have offered anywhere near that. It just isn't us. It certainly isn't Norm.

Archived