onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

If we did sign Dennis then I reckon he would be a fantastic signing and the type of player we’ve needed with Pope:smile:

With Notts County and Wycombe involved then id imagine we wont manage to get this one over the line but its encouraging that we are looking at these caliber of players.

With Notts County and Wycombe involved then id imagine we wont manage to get this one over the line but its encouraging that we are looking at these caliber of players.
You never know. Like brown he may want to stay relatively local. Very clear that aspo and rudge have a clear plan and direction. Extremely refreshing!

How many would it put on the gate? Maybe sufficient to cover the costs?

I would say very few initially. The stayaways will only come back if we're pushing for promotion, and only then near the end of the season. Most will always find their own reasons to not attend, be it Smurf, the ticket office, pies, etc.

I would say very few initially. The stayaways will only come back if we're pushing for promotion, and only then near the end of the season. Most will always find their own reasons to not attend, be it Smurf, the ticket office, pies, etc.

Unless we start wiping the floor with teams like our last promo season I guess when we were smashing teams regularly... (how I wish for those days back!)

Theres clubs like Salford about that have more money than the likes of Burton
Just really frustrating mate. If say the likes of Bradford or say Coventry out bid us for a player, I can accept that and wouldn't have an issue with Smurf. It's just all we used to hear from him was we only get 4 and half thousand fans so we can't pay the going rate for players until we get more fans, but then you hear clubs with half or even less our gates paying out more than we do. That's why it pees me off. Just feels like under V2001 and Smurf we have constantly been a bloody tin pot outfit with absolutely no ambition.

Is it wrong to have ambition that one day we could have owners who would be willing to push us to the Prem, the likes of Bournemouth, Hull, Swansea, Huddlesfield, Brighton and Wigan have all done.

Just really frustrating mate. If say the likes of Bradford or say Coventry out bid us for a player, I can accept that and wouldn't have an issue with Smurf. It's just all we used to hear from him was we only get 4 and half thousand fans so we can't pay the going rate for players until we get more fans, but then you hear clubs with half or even less our gates paying out more than we do. That's why it pees me off. Just feels like under V2001 and Smurf we have constantly been a bloody tin pot outfit with absolutely no ambition.

Is it wrong to have ambition that one day we could have owners who would be willing to push us to the Prem, the likes of Bournemouth, Hull, Swansea, Huddlesfield, Brighton and Wigan have all done.

I have no issue with the target that the Club should be ideally self-sufficient, but accept that, initially, sometimes you have to spend to make. But not to excess. For every Bournemouth, Hull etc, there's a Sunderland, Coventry, and Portsmouth. It's about getting the balance right. If that means not paying wages for certain players way over and above their actual worth, then so be it.

I have no issue with the target that the Club should be ideally self-sufficient, but accept that, initially, sometimes you have to spend to make. But not to excess. For every Bournemouth, Hull etc, there's a Sunderland, Coventry, and Portsmouth. It's about getting the balance right. If that means not paying wages for certain players way over and above their actual worth, then so be it.

Absolutely. It's all about balance and lets be frank our Club has not shown any kind of balance these past few years.

We could have Sven Göran, Kasper Schmeichel etc like Notts County did a few years back. But that really ended in a horror scenario, didn’t it.

Having a billionaire sending lorrys full of cash to the club is fun. But as soon as he gets bored, you’re in the s... because you got that huge spendure, but not a pot to **** in! So bankrupcy is almost the only option.

So so fun on the way up, so so horrific on the way down!

Not at all i'm all up for that mate.

Having Pope as a strike partner will surely be an attractive proposition for any striker.

A real plus point in our favour.

Providing we get the right kind of strike partner to complement him and fit in to whatever system Aspin intends to play.

QUOTE=Hagrid;812275]If we pull off signing Dennis I'll be rayt buzzing. A quality player.

If the deserved criticism Norm has got over the past 2 years has woken him up to the fact that, yes, a successful football club needs investment and competency, then job done folks.

It is feasible that Norm has been truly atrocious for 2 years (which he has) whilst he simultaneously has realised he's ballsed it and will start investing to reverse the damage.

Back in the real world, Tesla have a new model out soon.

Whilst i know it his fault, i would expect NS to have become less than confident to give managers money to spend until he sees some result. I would expect he has started to feel more confident in Rduge and Aspin given the Hannant deal being a winner and our league position being what Apsin was targeted at when taking over.As ive said it is his fault but off the back or Brown and Bruno would you want to dish out money to another until you were sure it wasnt going into a vast black hole. He may also be more comfortable spending knowing the Hugill money is there too. Lets hope we are turning a corner.

Bottom line is the only way this club moves forward is with an owner who believes in his management team and trusts them enought to give them budget. I genuinely think NS will cough up decent money for Aspin this time round

Archived