onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

I can understand that with barnett who's nearing the end of his career, but perhaps not Davis, whom you would hope would still want to make the best of his career. Might be wrong though. You never know with footballers and their mentality. After all, look at Jack Rodwell

Yes this is what teams get when leave premier league .

You will have players who will sit on there over inflated contracts and cause many clubs to struggle .

I hope Aspin is signing players who have a top attitude to life to there work and take pride in there performance .

Every person i know who works is faced with the dire consequences if there work is not to the standard those who employ them expect of them.

So the likes of Jack Rodwell have to live with there actions on the whole support of Sunderland .

Thats a lot of responsibility and he aint delivered .

Port Vale need a squad of deliverers as ok 4000 people doesnt sound a lot but if you deliver potentialy if win big cup ties along the way a 7000 home support could be achievable .

UTV

Advert

Yes this is what teams get when leave premier league .

You will have players who will sit on there over inflated contracts and cause many clubs to struggle .

I hope Aspin is signing players who have a top attitude to life to there work and take pride in there performance .

Every person i know who works is faced with the dire consequences if there work is not to the standard those who employ them expect of them.

So the likes of Jack Rodwell have to live with there actions on the whole support of Sunderland .

Thats a lot of responsibility and he aint delivered .

Port Vale need a squad of deliverers as ok 4000 people doesnt sound a lot but if you deliver potentialy if win big cup ties along the way a 7000 home support could be achievable .

UTV

Jack Rodwells biggest mistake, leaving Everton, where he was doing great , with possibly bright international future, to be an overpaid benchwarmer at Man City.

even though you were still getting paid and didnt have to do a thing every saturday apart from turn up and sit on a bench for 90 minutes?

This isnt the premier league where players are paid tens / hundreds of thousands a week where they can afford to see out contracts by sitting on the bench or not being part of the matchday squad. Players at a lower level have to be playing and proving themselves for a new contract all the time, wether that be here or for a move elsewhere. Things may be different for Barnett, who I'm guessing has made a few bob from his big move(s) in his career, but not Davis who still has potentially ten years in front of him. If they don't get fixed up with a new club I can see them becoming ostracised like certain players were over the course of last season under Aspin and prior to that under Brown, thats how football works unfortunately. When you;re not wanted you may as well go.

Players at a lower level have to be playing and proving themselves for a new contract all the time, wether that be here or for a move elsewhere

It's a pity most of our out of contract players last season didn't realise this.....

This isnt the premier league where players are paid tens / hundreds of thousands a week where they can afford to see out contracts by sitting on the bench or not being part of the matchday squad. Players at a lower level have to be playing and proving themselves for a new contract all the time, wether that be here or for a move elsewhere. Things may be different for Barnett, who I'm guessing has made a few bob from his big move(s) in his career, but not Davis who still has potentially ten years in front of him. If they don't get fixed up with a new club I can see them becoming ostracised like certain players were over the course of last season under Aspin and prior to that under Brown, thats how football works unfortunately. When you;re not wanted you may as well go.

Only if someone else wants you.

I hope so too; Chris Regis was an example of the wrong sort.

Now theres the perfect example of someone not wanting to apply himself as a footballer.

In the main I think the majority of the players who played the bulk of the games put a shift in and tried, they all fell short in terms of quality at some point or another during the season, but that lack of quality or lack of consistency or lack of leadership at times shouldn't be confused with playing with no pride or having a poor attitude.

Now theres the perfect example of someone not wanting to apply himself as a footballer.

In the main I think the majority of the players who played the bulk of the games put a shift in and tried, they all fell short in terms of quality at some point or another during the season, but that lack of quality or lack of consistency or lack of leadership at times shouldn't be confused with playing with no pride or having a poor attitude.

Totally agree. We had too many players, above their actual level or out of position playing on a regular basis. No need listing names, we all know who they are. But Aspin is working day and night, to get a competitive squad put together!

Totally agree. We had too many players, above their actual level or out of position playing on a regular basis. No need listing names, we all know who they are. But Aspin is working day and night, to get a competitive squad put together!

Exactly. For Brown to have been allowed to build such a large and unbalanced squad is unforgivable really, and in the end we were relying on the same half a dozen or so players to put in consistent performances, as well as putting square pegs in round holes so that we could muddle through the season. I feel confident that Aspin and Rudge know where we need to rebuild and as with any preseason I'm excited to see who we bring in.

Interesting that in Aspin's press conference he also stated that Joyce could have gone to a lower league and earned more money.

Its not the first time he has made a comment about that, saying in the past something along the lines of the fact that the players he is looking at wouldn't be coming for the money as its not that much.

Archived