onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Interview

MBE

Advert

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Didn't seem to clash and on the face of it appeared to have a good relationship ? 

I have worked with people that i couldn't stand and you wouldn't know unless you knew me really well. I am not saying that is the case here but it can be difficult to tell the dynamics of peoples working relationships

1 hour ago, MBE said:

She explained why she sacked her. Results and performances not good enough. If we did nothing she felt we were going to get relegated. 

If you agree or not with the reasoning it doesn't matter but thats the honesty why he was sacked.

What did you want her to say? Darell wanted to leave, he had his head turned by Portsmouth. We wouldn't release him for interview until we agreed a compensation fee. We couldn't agree one so Darell was disillusioned and was really withdraw from the staff and squad.

You can only have honesty upto a point. You also have to consider there is a compensation and payoff which talks will be with the LMA which means both sides will have signed an NDA. 

All you can ask for is logic why a decision has been made. Now we know.

If its true about Portsmouth, why did DC not end up leaving?

If he applied and didn't get the job, he had no choice but to stay.  I can't imagine him then downing tools and falling out with everyone at the club due to not getting the job.  The only way I can see him kicking off about that is if promised transfer funds were then pulled with excuse being his head had been turned.  Ridiculous of so, happens all the time in every line of work if someone fancies a bigger job.

If he got the job and was stopped from going, I can see why that would cause him to be unsettled with us but, in that case, let him go.  We did with hall and we would be entitled to decent compo.

Either way makes no sense with me to leave until thus stated and do what we've done.

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Flitcroft sacking everyone 

flitcroft not signing anyone 

flitcroft throwing DC under the bus 

Flitcroft ******** carol 

Any solid evidence in any of this yet or you all believing the pope family 

To be fair a lot do stuff about flitcroft behind the scenes has been leaking from the club/synetics for months, so people around it can’t be happy for them to be going round and telling people about what’s going on. The popes have nowt to do with it. 

As for Carols interview it sounds like a damage limitation / pr exercise and it comes across poorly. Had they written a decent statement instead of blaming everyone for Darrell going then she wouldn’t have had to do that interview. It was unprofessional and buck passing to blame players and back room staff, when in reality it seems to be that they weren’t specifically consulted with a view to getting rid of him. If I was a player or a member of staff I’d be fuming that they put that out there, it’s fanned the flames of fan unrest. Also all the flitcroft negativity is coming from her staff at the club and synetics, they’re the ones telling friends and fans that something isn’t right and what he’s like. Again there’s an issue, she’s knows it and is trying to dampen that one down too. 

11 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

If its true about Portsmouth, why did DC not end up leaving?

If he applied and didn't get the job, he had no choice but to stay.  I can't imagine him then downing tools and falling out with everyone at the club due to not getting the job.  The only way I can see him kicking off about that is if promised transfer funds were then pulled with excuse being his head had been turned.  Ridiculous of so, happens all the time in every line of work if someone fancies a bigger job.

If he got the job and was stopped from going, I can see why that would cause him to be unsettled with us but, in that case, let him go.  We did with hall and we would be entitled to decent compo.

Either way makes no sense with me to leave until thus stated and do what we've done.

It's hard to imagine the lack of funds in January coming as a total surprise to DC if the club were on top of the finances - it can't have been an overnight decision to cut back.

Also, going against the simplistic "rubbish since Christmas" narrative - we gave Derby, Posh and Barnsley a game at home and were excellent at Portsmouth. We were walloped 4-0 at Exeter and Oxford long before Father Christmas and the reindeer started dropping off presents. Rory Holden will have to explain how he missed at Cheltenham, and Matt Taylor likewise against Burton. This "downed tools" is to me a red herring - which player would visibly not try in front of thousands of spectators?

Perhaps Coventry will blame this summers Arctic Monkeys gig at their ground if they miss out on the play  offs for The Championship.  
More likely to blame the Commonwealth games Rugby for wrecking the pitch they rent off Mike Ashley. Only played 1 home game before October.

35 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I suspect that Scott Brown may have had influence in our inability to sign a decent keeper. I believe that he wasn't happy about the way he was treated when he left so probably told his goalkeeping mates about it from his perspective. 

Obviously Scott is a very popular guy, with lots of mates, but do you really believe Scott Brown has that much influence on us signing a top quality keeper?  There’s a lot of half decent keepers out there you know.

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Obviously Scott is a very popular guy, with lots of mates, but do you really believe Scott Brown has that much influence on us signing a top quality keeper?  There’s a lot of half decent keepers out there you know.

Hope we can get one for next season 

I think everyone should be a bit more objective about this.
Askey had done very well the previous season and nearly got us promoted. The following season, results fell apart and we were heading for possible relegation. Also rumours of him having lost the dressing room.
As a result the club took positive action. Sacked Askey and employed Clarke. As a result we avoided the possibility of relegation. Then got promoted the next season.
I didn't want to see Askey go. However what happened afterwards fully justified the clubs decision. We don't know if had Askey stayed whether we would have been relegated or not. What we do know is due to the course of action taken, we did not.
Clarke did very well last season and got us promoted. We then, the following season have an identical situation to what happened to Askey. Results have fallen apart and we are heading towards the possibility of relegation. Also rumours of him having lost the dressing room.
As a result, the club has taken positive action and sacked Clarke. How the last few games of the season will pan out we do not know. If we avoid relegation, do we know if that would have been avoided if Clarke had stayed. We will never know.
The club could not risk the possibility of relegation, so took positive action. What if Clarke had stayed and we had got relegated. People would have been screaming at those in charge for not taking any action.
Football is a harsh game with little room for sentiment.

Look, DC was backed to the hilt, hence the 5 year contract. He knew exactly what he was getting into when he came to Vale. We aren't a massive club and we have low budgets. Just look at Ipswich for example at the difference, it is vast, millions of pounds apart.
The financial cutbacks would of been discussed with him in depth Do you think we have enough Darryl if we do xyz? Yes, it will be tight, but we will be ok.
Theres no way they would've just cut him out of any discussions about it at all.
If he spat his dummy out, which I highly doubt(if he did then he's not the man we think he is) he deserved to go.
If we go on an abysmal run, he deserves to go.
That's how it works.
Cut Carol some slack, she's trying to do the right thing.
Darryl is now history. If he was as good as everyone makes out he wouldn't of left and we wouldn't be in this position.
Losing one relatively important player does not cause a complete collapse of a team that was together and achieving.
If the dressing room was lost that's down to poor management and isn't an excuse as to he should never have gone ie it's the players fault. It's down to the manager.
Open your eyes abit, but hey DC can do absolutely no wrong, if he could do no wrong he would still be here.

50 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Had they written a decent statement instead of blaming everyone for Darrell going then she wouldn’t have had to do that interview. It was unprofessional and buck passing to blame players and back room staff, when in reality it seems to be that they weren’t specifically consulted with a view to getting rid of him. If I was a player or a member of staff I’d be fuming that they put that out there, 

I'd agree with that. It seems to me like there was a lot of backtracking in the interview on the point about "talks with senior players". 

8 minutes ago, robf said:

I'd agree with that. It seems to me like there was a lot of backtracking in the interview on the point about "talks with senior players". 

Absolutely.  The statement itself is very poor, far too wordy in fact.  Carol has then repeated the same.  Simply put out the reasoning, “poor results and performances”, say how difficult it was, thank DC, urge for unity and 100% backing in the coming games.  It should’ve been a rallying cry born out of a bad situation.

Carol mentions the Burton game a few times as the turning point.
I've seen fans doing that annoying, "in the know" cryptic thing they do and saying "I've heard rumours of something around that time, but don't want to mention it".
Anyone know anything?
Lots of rumours flying about. Something apparently happened when they went to Cheltenham races and other things about Clarke but not sure whether this is the place for gossip.

Archived