onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Interview

MBE

We all thank Carol for rescuing the club and for what she has done for us but we cant keep using that if things aren't going well,she really needs to seek investment if the funds are running dry(we cannot stagnate). I just hope she hasn't blocked out the investment idea because she is used to the idea of it just being a family run business. 
I hate having a dig at Carol BUT as Mellor said the honeymoon period is certainly over now and the pressure is starting to build
Get this season over first and then see what the plans are for a sustainable club.

Advert

22 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
23 hours ago, valeparklife said:
Carol mentions the Burton game a few times as the turning point.
I've seen fans doing that annoying, "in the know" cryptic thing they do and saying "I've heard rumours of something around that time, but don't want to mention it".
Anyone know anything?

Lots of rumours flying about. Something apparently happened when they went to Cheltenham races and other things about Clarke but not sure whether this is the place for gossip.

I've heard things came to light about Clarke during our visit to Accrington in which Carol had to act upon. Nothing to do with fallings out, lack of money, bust ups etc. From what I've heard, if I was in charge of Vale, I would have acted in the same way as Carol.

I've heard things came to light about Clarke during our visit to Accrington in which Carol had to act upon. Nothing to do with fallings out, lack of money, bust ups etc. From what I've heard, if I was in charge of Vale, I would have acted in the same way as Carol.
Such as? Getting tired of people saying that they've 'heard' various things then not actually saying what these things were

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Such as? Getting tired of people saying that they've 'heard' various things then not actually saying what these things were

From what I've heard, let's just say that decisions that he's been making in his personal life have been negatively effecting his ability to focus on his job.

I think pretty much every issue we face at the minute can be traced back to poor planning for the summer of 2022 (excused by the fact that 'we had a concert') and overspending on extraneous stuff like pre-season trips to Spain and renting cryogenic chambers for the players. 

Eventually you reap what you sow. 

We need to get back to doing the basics correct. 

19 minutes ago, philmpv said:
20 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

19 minutes ago, philmpv said:
20 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Exactly.Unless people are prepared to state FACTS and NAMES they are best keeping quiet.

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Exactly.Unless people are prepared to state FACTS and NAMES they are best keeping quiet.

The issue is that I don't know if 'they are facts'. That's the point. It's not easy to put a slur on someone like Clarke who has, lets face it has helped us to make the progress that we have made. My initial intention was to suggest to people that, for me, when personal life choices start to have a detrimental impact on one's ability to effectively do their job, then it's probably time to go.

What difference does it make exactly what it is? IMO Clarke needs a bit time away from football to get his head together. Carols trying to look after Port Vale. That's what she's done.

The issue is that I don't know if 'they are facts'. That's the point. It's not easy to put a slur on someone like Clarke who has, lets face it has helped us to make the progress that we have made. My initial intention was to suggest to people that, for me, when personal life choices start to have a detrimental impact on one's ability to effectively do their job, then it's probably time to go.
What difference does it make exactly what it is? IMO Clarke needs a bit time away from football to get his head together. Carols trying to look after Port Vale. That's what she's done.
Clarke's private life is his own business like everybody else's. Family tragedies become public and are given proper consideration, but dealing with the aftermath does not have to be made public. Eventually, aspects become known, but there is no urgency.

20 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I agree, but they're just rumours at this stage and don't want to spread salacious gossip if not true. Although I have heard the same thing from a couple of different sources. I've been told a few things today and not sure what to believe but it's like Eastenders if true!

One thing I did hear was that Autonet takeover is likely a goer from someone within the club.

If you dunna want to spread gossip or rumours, how about posting a 'theory'?

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:
From what I've heard, let's just say that decisions that he's been making in his personal life have been negatively effecting his ability to focus on his job.

That's even more cryptic! Gambling? Drinking? Drugs? Women? What?

I’ve heard the same rumours from different people (all with links to the club) and they included 2 of the 4 topics mentioned there. IF true then his personal life could well have been impacting on his ability to do the job. On the face of it with no real facts you’d say that performances  and results indicate that. Then on the other hand what he’s been through is going could be affecting his choices too. 

27 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
57 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Clarke's private life is his own business like everybody else's. Family tragedies become public and are given proper consideration, but dealing with the aftermath does not have to be made public. Eventually, aspects become known, but there is no urgency.

Exactly! I'm trying to give some details about a rumour but at the same time (although it could be argued, it's a contradiction in terms) keep some integrity.

Archived