onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Interview

MBE

But we still dithered for 5 more games !!! 
Difficult decision to make out of respect to DC, his exceptional personal circumstances, and contribution to the club. What I would expect, though, but it became too risky. We move on.

Advert

11 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Well there loads of rumours , but  I believe D.C. was removed for his own good . Apparently D.C. became very withdrawn from feb owners  and let the back room  run everything. Then after burton  3 players senior  went to see  DF and Carol  and told them D.C. was so depressed it needed intervention by the club . DF and Carol tried everything, but D.C. wasn’t having it so they had little choice left . I had this from a confidential source who advised the club over this .

I don't want to further any rumors but wouldn't someone/anyone in that situation be protected from losing their job certainly for a good length of time by the "Employment Act" or something similar.

30 minutes ago, trentvale said:

Rubbish and people need to stop this nonsense 

Rubbish?  Maybe, but you won’t stop it.  Hasn’t this always gone on, terrace talk/man in the pub stuff?  Internet rumours these days?  Some fans will drink it up like a fine wine whilst others will wipe it away like dog dirt.

10 minutes ago, trentvale said:

Charming- will not rise.

Perhaps you should consider what you post if you have confidential insights.

There’s a good lad.

I don’t have “confidential” insights. Its fairly obvious from what’s been said. Wake up and smell the coffee bud. UTV KTF

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I don't want to further any rumors but wouldn't someone/anyone in that situation be protected from losing their job certainly for a good length of time by the "Employment Act" or something similar.

The Employment Act 2002. (That was bought in by the Labour Government) was the one that made provisions for Paternity and Maternity leave, aka communism.

The Very British  -Employment Rights Act of 1996  - tabled by our very own Party of the people - the Conservatives, is the law that prevents unfair dismissal. Funnily enough in the very same year the good Conservative people's party moved to ban HANDGUNS, although, naturally this ISN'T communism in the slightest.

19 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I think more likely than players going to see Carol to get rid of Clarke, they went to see her because they were concerned for his mental health. Which should be commended.

If that's the case, I'd partly agree. However, it also smacks of one side briefing against the other. 

13 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

If that's the case, I'd partly agree. However, it also smacks of one side briefing against the other. 

It would all depend what they were witne

13 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It would all depend on what they were witnessing and what was actually going on behind the scenes. Which is something we will probably never really know. So whether it was case of genuine concern or briefing we will also never really know. However if some of the senior players did go and see the Chairman of a football club, that is something that is pretty unusual. So something quite serious must have being going on.

Archived