onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Interview

MBE

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think youll find most of us were ok with where we were before clarke got sacked hence no outcry for him be sacked. If this season was reversed everyone would of been buzzing to be in this position now after a bad start to the season. I think youll find people aren't happy because clarke has gone like carol does he had credit in the bank. If you think vale fans are twats for wanting honesty for whats gone on when we pay our hard earned money into the club aswell as carol then maybe your the <ovf censored>. Theres no club without carol but theres no club without us lot either

Come on mate 2 wins in 18 and dire home performances are all we need to know 

Advert

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Carol is in charge as an owner, she would take the decision after the board meeting. Who sacked Ranieri who made Leicester Champions and Rodgers who won them the FA Cup for their only time, not their Dof but their owner.

Fosse69 - you really shouldn't be using facts...you know they don't like them!

Firstly, a really contradicting interview. A lot of PR rubbish. I’d love to know what she’s been smoking, how can she say January window HASN’T affected our performances? Apparently, results started to fade once Hall left yet DC couldn’t replace him due to her pulling the plug on the funding.

Secondly, its blatantly obvious DC was thrown under the bus by his own players. Carol mentions it all started after the Burton game.. which is funny, as 3 senior players then called a meeting 2 days after on the Monday to discuss with Carol & DF “changes” - She pretty much says 14 minutes in that the players had downed tools. Brilliant

DC really took the whack from this interview, wrong person has been sacked. “We won’t do 8th again” then says we weren’t ready for promotion, we went up 12 months to early. Make your mind up.. 

Lastly, she’s pretty much putting the job in AC’s palm. As much as I rate him as a coach, it won’t work as a manager. Last season against Harrogate, Rochdale, Rovers, Col U, Newport & Walsall we were absolutely dreadful, we wouldn’t of won at Exeter without DC, he came back and got us promoted. Bad bad mistake Carol & Flitcroft, we won’t find a better manager than DC. We need more answers, the truth because I’ve heard nothing but waffle.

The interview lasted the same amount of time as it takes to cook a chicken Kiev. So at least it wasn’t a completely unproductive use of my time.

There were some things I didn’t agree with, and some things I couldn’t agree or disagree with because they were non-answers, politicians’ answers.

FWIW (not much) it feels like DC’s sacking has brought to a head something greater that’s been brewing for a good few months. The club doesn’t sound like a tight ship at the minute or a particularly happy one.

But then what do I know, it’s Carol’s club, not mine. 

1 hour ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

I agree her heart is in the right place , but we need a CEO or a Communications Manager , who knows their stuff to be proffesional and consistent to keep the fans on board . 

We have a CEO.... Patrick,her son....😟

24 minutes ago, Warren said:

All sensible and proportionate comments that indicate to outsiders the club remains under effective control. 

Not so sure it’s worked to be honest.  For me the club, once it’s been decided to sack DC, should put the statement out giving the reasoning, Carol should then speak to the press to thank DC and, most importantly, urge fans to unite and back the team to the hilt for the last 4 games, and that should be enough.  Let the fans absorb the news and hope the bitter taste is sweetened by improved performances and League 1 survival.

The timing of the sacking strikes me as a knee jerk reaction, although admittedly I’ve no idea what conversations were had behind the scenes at the club.  The fact that Carol feels she needs to answer yet more questions on the same subject suggests that the original communication was extremely poor, and I think comments on here would also indicate that the interview wasn’t well received by a majority of fans.

7 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

To be fair to Flitcroft, today may have been one of his non-working days so he may have been up at the golf course or counting his 6 figure salary rather than being busy at the club identifying the next Thierry Small or working out which long-standing and loyal memeber of staff to sack next.

Surely, surely, Carol hasn't made this decision to instill "Director of football Flitcroft...in charge of anything football related, including the academy and the pitch."  if he's still only going to be part time/ in 2 days a week? Surely? That would be mental. Why have they not mentioned this disconnect in any interview?

Carol is trying to rationalize an event that's hard to rationalize hence the interview comes over as a little verbose and repetitive. 

She says the decision was made by the board but I doubt a sacking would have happened if Flitcroft , the football man on the board, would have strongly supported DC.

Everyone connected with PVFC has to rally around to ensure the club stay in Lge 1.

We gave DC a 5 year contract before we'd been promoted. In fact wwe were just about to enter "the lottery of the playoffs" so didn't even expect to get promoted.

A 5 year deal says we're backing you through thick and thin, because that's how Vale works now. Long termism.

DC gets us promoted against the odds. 

We have a good first half season, despite a chaotic August, so still all going well.

We then cut the squad in January. It's now weaker than our league 1 team, arguably.

One year after that contract being signed, 6 points and 5 goals above the drop zone with 3 games tro play, we decide that a slump in our fom means it's time to part with DC.

Doesnt wash, and I don't like what we're becoming again. Patrick Shanahan CEO now Garlick has left? Jobs for the boys!

Archived