onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Interview

MBE

Advert

I'm normally a pretty level headed Vale fan, but that interview is an absolute car crash. Carol sounded so far out of her depth it was frightening. She sounded nervous!

An interview full of absolute waffle & excuses without ever actually cutting the bull**** & spelling out the facts. So many occasions where she tripped herself up, it really was shocking to listen to.

The bit where she goes so far as to name DCs daughter & trys to claim her passing will be etched into our legacy, I'm sorry but that's so wrong. Shouldn't have been mentioned at all.

Looks like the wheels are about to well & truly fall off again folks. If we don't go down this year I now have absolutely zero hope for next year. Bleak times ahead I fear.

I think the thing I'm most disappointed with is that we're being treated like idiots.

We all saw January happen and, being people who've watched hundreds/thousands of football games and have seen all the comings and goings at Port Vale, rightly said 'that wasn't a very good window'.

We keep being told "actually it wasn't that bad!"

3 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Can't get over that comment all the Shanahans have done, should have stuck with Sexman.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

It was a joke.. of course carol has huge appreciation but that doesnt reserve her right to critique. Do you think everythings ok at the moment. All we want is honesty. It felt like listening to a boris johnson /matt hancock interview during covid times. 

What a god awful interview.

Do you know when you are having a conversation & it sounds like someone is proper bullshitting and making it up on the spot  & you know they are bullshitting with the way they are speaking to you? The first 6 to 7 minutes of that interview was this.

To bring up DC's daughter is really disrespectful and really below the belt.

Having AC in the managers position next season is not inspiring and will for sure affects with teh average Vale fan

5 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Majority on here your just a bunch of moaning <ovf censored> know it alls 

You will get the club u deserve 

Sad sacks 

Agree there certainly are a number of individuals that need to think before they post.

I was also a little disappointed with the interview but she was never going to win over some of the fans that know better than anyone else. Self indulgence comes to mind.

I am now of the opinion that she needs support in the form of more investors and perhaps stepping down now as chair. Either that or appoint aCEO.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Id expect someone whos in charge of all things that touch a football to be answering questions when a manager has been sacked

But the DoF is employed by the owner, he could disagree with the decision. The main reason for any manager to be sacked is if they do not produce results and fail to change the sequence. If a manager cannot produce results due to lack of means they resign. If the DoF does not produce the means they are sacked.  It would appear that the academy is fundamental to the means, so dont expect big changes was the message I got.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

I've got a lot of respect for Carol and told her so personally on Boxing Day, and did everything I could to get her the club. She's made a series of missteps in the last 6 months.

You were the person that brokered the deal for Carol to buy Port Vale?

Who are you then?

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

My favourite game!

Let's make this the fans' fault! Our weekly event where Port Vale do a bad thing, and when the fans point out the bad thing, it becomes their fault!

This week, it's - somehow, the fans criticising a bad interview is ruining the club, or something like that. 

Join us again. Next week - Aidan Stone doesn't save shots because of an internet forum. Only on Let's make this the fans' fault!

Lots of Port Vale fans are morons, 

Case in point: Comparing Carol Shanahan to Jimmy Saville.

are you going to defend that Joe? Because I think that's pretty disgusting.

Archived