onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol Interview

MBE

Advert

Not massively impressed, sorry. Decent questions from Bowers.

We learn very little.

Comments about Ellie that really lack sensitivity.

Sounds like if we stay up, Crosby gets the job. Disappointing. Should be a thorough search. Why aren't we already looking for managers yet? What is Flitcroft doing until the end of the season? Get searching, mate. Earn your wage.

Some will say "people wanted her to give an interview, and moan now she has. She can't win!", but the interview was dull, lacking substance, and at times a bit cringey. We needed some honesty and some contrition, and we got little of either.

I've got a lot of respect for Carol and told her so personally on Boxing Day, and did everything I could to get her the club. She's made a series of missteps in the last 6 months.

Fundamentally she's sacked a very popular and largely successful manager. Whilst she's fronted up tonight, it's a rough road ahead. Flitcroft should be questioned here. We were told 'everything that touches a football is his responsibility'.

Just now, valeparklife said:

Not a dig at her as she saved us from Smurthwaite, so has unlimited credit in the bank from me, but it felt like she was giving politicians answers.

I listened to her talking for 23 minutes, but she didn't actually say anything.

This is my view.

Carol can do what she wants for as long as she wants. Saved us. Has done more good than bad.

I was almost nodding off at times. I hope she learns a lot from this, but she's now 4 years into the job. 

Yep I feel the same - im none the wiser, but be fair to Bowers he asked some probing questions. Can imagine Carol thinking "ooooh, tough question, I think I will answer an easy one that you havent asked, sort of"

But fair play to her for turning up - I hope DC doesn't listen to it

8 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Completely and utterly shocked about her comment about darrells daughter etched into our legacy and history. Proper strange thing to say struggling to process whats shes getting at even bringing that up

The whole interview was full of waffle and clichés, but I thought this was an absolute disgrace. It has nothing to do with Port Vale's legacy and I'll be disgusted if we try and glorify such a tragic event.

Darrell was not expected to gain promotion last season with this team and has now been sacked because the team isn't good enough for League 1?

We apparently did too much in the summer window? We started with a 17 year old midfielder up front and have had one actual left back and right back all season.

January wasn't a disaster, we only lost Connor Hall and brought a few in...

I can really see us back to under 5k season tickets and gates next season. The honeymoon is well and truly over.

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Not massively impressed, sorry. Decent questions from Bowers.

We learn very little.

Comments about Ellie that really lack sensitivity.

Sounds like if we stay up, Crosby gets the job. Disappointing. Should be a thorough search. Why aren't we already looking for managers yet? What is Flitcroft doing until the end of the season? Get searching, mate. Earn your wage.

Some will say "people wanted her to give an interview, and moan now she has. She can't win!", but the interview was dull, lacking substance, and at times a bit cringey. We needed some honesty and some contrition, and we got little of either.

I've got a lot of respect for Carol and told her so personally on Boxing Day, and did everything I could to get her the club. She's made a series of missteps in the last 6 months.

Fundamentally she's sacked a very popular and largely successful manager. Whilst she's fronted up tonight, it's a rough road ahead. Flitcroft should be questioned here. We were told 'everything that touches a football is his responsibility'.

Flitcroft hasn’t got the spine to step out of his cave to answer questions 

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

To be fair to Flitcroft, today may have been one of his non-working days so he may have been up at the golf course or counting his 6 figure salary rather than being busy at the club identifying the next Thierry Small or working out which long-standing and loyal memeber of staff to sack next.

Are you someone that can provide evidence that Flitcroft is actually on a 6 figure salary? Because I'm sick to death of it being said with absolutely no evidence whatsoever

Ive had to relisten as was so shocked by the daughter comment i didnt digest the rest. Having listened again what an absolute car crash of an interview. Major taking point is its crosbys job lose. Saying hes in the running and if he keeps us up then that would stand him in good position for it. Talked absolute waffle throughout the rest. Really not impressed didnt thank clarke once. Which she hasnt done for any other departing staff. What is going on feel like the wool is being pulled over our eyes. Didnt answer any questions directly what is going on at the club all we want is honesty. 

Archived