onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

On 21/05/2023 at 10:32, Vale 1971 said:

If players leave Vale and be successful how many can you count last 10 years .
Morsy knew he was the business cause I know football .
Harness on loan went up the pyramid remained in our league
Mcgoldrick done it in the championship
OK he and harness were on loan .
I think that's it ain't it all other players never heard of again or lower levels .
I don't think our DOF is doing that bad a job his he .
Players brought in have mainly being a success .
Yes there has been some where it didn't work out they ain't going have a 100 per cent success rate but I'd say there 66.6 successful thus far and our place in football pyramid says there doing well .
UTV

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

Jordan Hugill did alright for himself. But you're right the list is small. 

Advert

On 21/05/2023 at 04:33, Tony Rodriguez said:

I was thinking about the players who have left since our DoF was appointed.

I cannot think of one who went to play for a club in a higher division than we were at that time.

Zak Mills and Harry McKirdy spring to mind as players who went to a club at the similar level as us.

I may well have missed some but maybe it seems to suggest that our management actually have a clue.

Gibbons and Jake Taylor went to clubs at a similar level to us, sadly Taylor has again been plagued by injury.

The flip side to that coin is who have Vale signed who were better/more effective than or even similar to the players already at the club before DoF arrived?  Players the club can build a squad around, form the backbone of the team for years to come, be associated with PVFC. Players like Smith, Wozza and Pope since he rejoined from Bury and even Scott Brown.

In terms of ability there's Wilson but he's gone, that leaves Ojo, Harrison and Forrester to wait and see.

I would like to see Vale sign quality players who are gonna be here for some time and sign multiple contracts, be the playing backbone and fabric of the club for years to come.

IMHO we are signing too many players who for one reason or another are here for 5 minutes then gone. perhaps this is the way football is these days but just as we need ownership and financial stability we also need some/much player stability. 

Vale were promoted in DF's first season so being too critical is not sensible but where is the longer term strategy on the pitch. Having a massive clear out of players every 12 months or so is unlikely to bring promotion or stability and more likely to bring struggle.

On 21/05/2023 at 10:32, Vale 1971 said:

If players leave Vale and be successful how many can you count last 10 years .
Morsy knew he was the business cause I know football .
Harness on loan went up the pyramid remained in our league
Mcgoldrick done it in the championship
OK he and harness were on loan .
I think that's it ain't it all other players never heard of again or lower levels .
I don't think our DOF is doing that bad a job his he .
Players brought in have mainly being a success .
Yes there has been some where it didn't work out they ain't going have a 100 per cent success rate but I'd say there 66.6 successful thus far and our place in football pyramid says there doing well .
UTV

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

I agree, it's slim pickings but that's more a reflection of our poor approach to recruitment over the years. All very much short term 12 with no long term planning.

DOF has doen a really good job so far but he will need to look at signing for  short/medium/ long term recruitment for us to sell players and become more sustainable which is why I think our squad is going to have a lot of 21-24 year olds who already have mens football experience.

I agree, it's slim pickings but that's more a reflection of our poor approach to recruitment over the years. All very much short term 12 with no long term planning.
DOF has doen a really good job so far but he will need to look at signing for  short/medium/ long term recruitment for us to sell players and become more sustainable which is why I think our squad is going to have a lot of 21-24 year olds who already have mens football experience.

I still think they are using the Brentford model.

On 21/05/2023 at 09:33, Tony Rodriguez said:

I was thinking about the players who have left since our DoF was appointed.

I cannot think of one who went to play for a club in a higher division than we were at that time.

Zak Mills and Harry McKirdy spring to mind as players who went to a club at the similar level as us.

I may well have missed some but maybe it seems to suggest that our management actually have a clue.

Tony, it could well be that they left and never went to a club higher in the league because they weren’t even good enough to be with us. Your observation is valid but since this business model was adopted we seem to have had a high player turn over and a team that is changed every game. Could this tell us that we’ve never known our best starting eleven.?

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Are Benning and Garrity on holiday or are they looking elsewhere?. Smith and Plant showed how to sign a form pretty quickly, I just feel every day that passes there is more chance of them moving on.....

Mal is away on holiday as is Garrity and both considering t their offers

2 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Looks like Garrity is re-signing. Social media message posted just with members of staff humming or whistling 'Ben Garrity's the best on earth '

Good news, missed him back end of last season, hope he plays further forwards this season 

Archived