onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

1 hour ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:
It must have been agreed and DC must have been as happy, as you can be in that situation, as he is coming back to the club as a guest to a function.  If it wasn't on good terms you would not put yourself through it would you coming to the club that sacked you and meeting the people who did it.  I know I would not want to be around them.

It's not at the club and to me it's a publicity stunt by the S.C. To sell tickets as they hadn't sold out.

Sadly you’re wrong. Just message the SC and I’m sure they’ll explain why. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Can't everyone accept that Darrell is no longer the manager and let the club move forward? They are not going to give him the job back. 

You could never accept he was the manager. 

Looking objectively at the combination of the retained list and players released, it looks like good business to me.

Including those who went in January, the club have freed up lots of wages, the vast majority are back in league two, and/ or were not making a significant enough contribution.

Now, they can put together a squad of league one players, which was not possible last summer.

12 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Will we push Cass out wider as RB or RWB? Giving us a bit versatility as he can RB, RWB and CB. But, if playing 3 at the back, gives us the chance to get a couple of beasts in?

I was wondering that too. Not necessarily Cass as a first-choice as RWB but certainly as an option. 

I think that's a good thing with Cass. He may have had a stop-start season but he's young and can play in a couple of positions so he's a really good squad player to have. It would be great if he and Forrester, who are both in their early 20's kick on next season. 

I still think we'd need one (or even two) old heads at the back as security in case that "kicking on" doesn't happen though.

9 minutes ago, robf said:

I was wondering that too. Not necessarily Cass as a first-choice as RWB but certainly as an option. 

I think that's a good thing with Cass. He may have had a stop-start season but he's young and can play in a couple of positions so he's a really good squad player to have. It would be great if he and Forrester, who are both in their early 20's kick on next season. 

I still think we'd need one (or even two) old heads at the back as security in case that "kicking on" doesn't happen though.

I was thinking similar about old heads last night when Flint came on and set up Wednesday's equaliser. Sadly it seems that 32 is our cut off so forget that.

2 hours ago, Badboybubba said:

Oh, come on Brian, you saying that you've not ever seen Smith make a mistake that's cost us a goal?... I'm sure, like i said earlier, every player makes cock-ups sometime.. emoji57.png

I'm not sticking up for Smith here. My memory just fails me on Smith. I'm sure he's made mistakes that's cost us goals this season

3 hours ago, dishydave said:
4 hours ago, PVFC764 said:
It must have been agreed and DC must have been as happy, as you can be in that situation, as he is coming back to the club as a guest to a function.  If it wasn't on good terms you would not put yourself through it would you coming to the club that sacked you and meeting the people who did it.  I know I would not want to be around them.

It's not at the club and to me it's a publicity stunt by the S.C. To sell tickets as they hadn't sold out.

I agree 100%

The supporters club should have held a separate, held at the club just for DC

40 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Looking objectively at the combination of the retained list and players released, it looks like good business to me.

Including those who went in January, the club have freed up lots of wages, the vast majority are back in league two, and/ or were not making a significant enough contribution.

Now, they can put together a squad of league one players, which was not possible last summer.

It’s only good business, if the replacements are quality.

10 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

It’s only good business, if the replacements are quality.

A caveat that I deliberately omitted, simply because we can only know what we know.

And I agree of course.

14 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm not sticking up for Smith here. My memory just fails me on Smith. I'm sure he's made mistakes that's cost us goals this season

The dreadful mistake at Peterborough springs to mind. Saying that Smithy gives everything for the shirt and his mistakes are few and far between.

The dreadful mistake at Peterborough springs to mind. Saying that Smithy gives everything for the shirt and his mistakes are few and far between.
He also made a horrendous 3 yard pass at home (can't recall which game - we may be talking about the same one) which led to the oppo scoring. He's made a few this season, and last (that horrible touch for the corner leading to Swindon's first springs to mind), but for some reason only Jones gets them thrown back at him constantly. FTR, I like Smith and think he's improved on the ball this season, but there's a lot better out there I have no doubt.

37 minutes ago, robf said:

Last season our team was lop-sided. With Worrell we could attack and cross from the right. We posed minimal threat down the left. Hence Plymouth could swap over defenders to counter our right sided attack and we were pretty much done for the rest of the game even 1-0 ahead. 

Now we have lost Worrell and all his crossing and play making round the edge of the opposition box. Cass and Forrester can play where Worrall was but they are just defenders. Ok they have some pace and Cass is good for a 50 yard dash in particular. But when they need to do something in the last third they are square pass merchants. 

We absolutely must be penetrative down both flanks. If necessary this should come from 4 at the back and better wide midfield players. 

Archived