onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby Tickets.

ollyandpatch

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Gone are the days when you could just go and watch a football match without someone questioning your motives and treating you like a criminal. 

sadly these days (and the last 3 r 4 decades) people do attend football matches in order to act like a criminal

if a derby fan bought a ticket in Bycars for the reverse fixture they would fall foul of PVFC ground regulation 19 (go read 'em) and fail to be admitted / thrown out.  The T&Cs of out tickets sakes say all tickets are non refundable (go read 'em).  Seems VALE have exactly the same rules as DERBY, except DERBY clearly have the resource to police their rules whilst we allow it and not so much turn a blind eye but accept it on the very odd occasion the away end actually fills up (it would happen to Derby every week in Championship so can see why they started policing it more).  If I were Derbyshire police seeing this it may help me reduce the policing requirements for games too....I can understand why they do it in a way, and probably save a lot of police fees by being seen to be doing this and maintaining segregation.

I too wish you could just go to a game and enjoy it in any ground in the country but anyone who has walked down Hamil Road straight after a big game will realise that sadly in the top 2 or 3 leagues it just ain't gonna happen.   I'd be amazed if anyone got their money back too - it invites others to try it on if they do, and act as a deterrent if they (the club) keep the cash - I know I'd want Vale to keep teh cash if only to pay the people that found those buying tickets in the wrong area - it will obviously have a cost to do the detective work

Advert

I would imagine the non refunded ticket money goes towards the cost of policing the policy. I would imagine that they only check new accounts which would massively reduce the amount of work required.

Say 500 bought tickets it would take a fair amount of admin to process refunds and they would be writing off the transaction charges.

As has already been said there is perfect logic to the policy and I suppose if you buy tickets for the home end at an away game you are always taking the chance that this could happen. I think deep down those that did buy tickets knew they were pushing boundaries and in knowing that should probably have checked the terms.

Many would have been angry if they weren't able to get a ticket last weekend due to them being purchased by Sheffield fans.

20 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Hasn’t every club 

Doesn’t seem to bother those in charge of PVFC, they continue to have the flag with VLF on display in the Lorne St/ Hamil End. I understand the flag has sentimental meaning to some so just remove the three three letters from it or continue to promote hooliganism. 

Archived