onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby Tickets.

ollyandpatch

The measures taken today by the government should reduce inflation by about 5%. I don't want to criticise anyone at work in the current economic environment where once in generation issues are present. Overall the level of unemployment is very low which is one indicator of intrinsic economic strength. But that doesn't stop day to day suffering of a greater proportion of the population stretching up into quite high wage earners. 

However, the action on the railways eliminated any possibility of my going to this game. But 2700 are going and so Port Vale Supporters 1 RMT 0 if I seek to take the Michael. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

The measures taken today by the government should reduce inflation by about 5%. I don't want to criticise anyone at work in the current economic environment where once in generation issues are present. Overall the level of unemployment is very low which is one indicator of intrinsic economic strength. But that doesn't stop day to day suffering of a greater proportion of the population stretching up into quite high wage earners. 

However, the action on the railways eliminated any possibility of my going to this game. But 2700 are going and so Port Vale Supporters 1 RMT 0 if I seek to take the Michael. 

How will the measures take today reduce inflation?

47 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

What prices are capped? Taxes (for normal people) are being reduced by 1%, the £ has dropped 2% against other important currencies today, this will increase the price of our imports, which will increase inflation

Energy prices are capped and this is the biggest factor in inflation both directly and indirectly.
The currency shift also means more competitive exports for UK companies which drives the economy.

1 minute ago, soothsayer said:

Energy prices are capped and this is the biggest factor in inflation both directly and indirectly.
The currency shift also means more competitive exports for UK companies which drives the economy.

Energy prices are capped at a higher rate than they were in April.

Energy price for firms is being reduced by 50%, but prices for them have increased fivefold this year.

We are a net importer, by a long long way, our companies are still hamstrung by Brexit, lot's of my client's that export to the EU are struggling massively due to the paperwork, also if companies import anything in their supply chain costs for them are increasing, which will, you guessed it, increase inflation

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Energy prices are capped at a higher rate than they were in April.

Energy price for firms is being reduced by 50%, but prices for them have increased fivefold this year.

We are a net importer, by a long long way, our companies are still hamstrung by Brexit, lot's of my client's that export to the EU are struggling massively due to the paperwork, also if companies import anything in their supply chain costs for them are increasing, which will, you guessed it, increase inflation

Of course energy prices are higher than they were in April that mirrors the situation globally. The whole of Europe is struggling with high energy prices most higher than the UK due to their dependence on Russian gas. 
Most economists are saying the UK’s cap will prevent at least a 5% impact on inflation whilst the tax cuts are designed to increase economic growth and so tax revenue. Whether this works no one can say but it it doesn’t, the people will have their say in two years.

Back on topic, I managed to get Derby tickets no problem. Although I’m sure improvements can be made to the online system, I think no matter method was used there was always going to be a lot of disappointed fans. I missed out on the Exeter away tickets last season and was gutted but some you win…….

5 hours ago, Old fort said:

Just popped on here for the latest thoughts on Derby tickets and found that I've landed in the middle of a political debate 🥴

Basically, in spite of the death of a much loved monarch, a new King, a change in PM, a war in Ukraine, inflation and a train strike, we sold out nearly 3 thousand tickets in 36 hours.  Doesn’t that make you feel warm.

On 23/09/2022 at 10:12, NorthwoodValiant said:

Ah yes so let's work in non union environment where no-one gets a payrise, power to the people and all that

I work in a non-union environment and have had an inflation busting pay rise every year for the past 6 years. I have an appraisal, tell them how ace I am, then they give me a promotion or a pay-rise because they'd be daft not to. That's how it works in the real world. Colleagues who are crap have been made redundant or haven't had the same levels of career progression as me. That's fair, not the "union" environment where everyone gets the same pay-rise regardless of whether they deserve it.

Archived