Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Brown

clarke / Legge / Smith / monty

Burgess / Joyce / conlon

Worrall / Pope / Rodney 

it’s the old football cliche but I think we need to get back to basics. Joyce, Conlon and Smith back in. 

Without knowing who’s fit in midfield it’s tough to pick. If mannys fit do we chuck him in after an injury or just ease him in? Without him who plays out of burgess and whitehead? Neither of them have set the world alight.

Equally in the front 3 I don’t think Mckirdy or Amoo are there yet either. For the striker I’d play Popey today to put it amongst their centre halves and rely on the wingers and fullbacks to get up the pitch. 

Edited by PV1973

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today. The back five produced an absolute masterclass to restrict the most expensive attack in the league to very few clear-cut chances. Good to see Joyce and Conlon back, even though Tom

I Do agree with Rob . Phil Bowers is. a true vale fan . And I do think. He says what he see’s . I do enjoy Listening to Phil . On Radio sJoke . 

I don't see it that way at all. I think it's the right and honest thing to say they thought it was a bad challenge and to say what they thought they saw.  I then thought it was the right and hone

Posted Images

Just now, philmpv said:

How on earth do you figure that out?!

Joyce or Whitehead not both. There is zero midfield creativity .

It's only a personal opinion mate and I hope I look a tool.

Especially at home Fitzpatrick offers nothing over the half way line and the less said about Whitehead last week the better. 

Burgess did nothing at all but all I recalled from Whitehead was an horrific tackle that should of been red and clearing the bycars roof 

If only 6 subs, are these the only available players?
Proves that Askey doesn’t rate RCG as having him around on the bench would be good experience.
Also no Hurst is strange, has he got an injury?

RCG is out on loan!

Fair enough. My own take is that he wants more creativity and ability to run at people on the flanks hence monty pushed up. If it works it'll look a masterstroke. If it doesn't cue the howls of derision! He hasn't really got many options at the moment in central midfield.

Joyce or Whitehead not both. There is zero midfield creativity .
It's only a personal opinion mate and I hope I look a tool.
Especially at home Fitzpatrick offers nothing over the half way line and the less said about Whitehead last week the better. 
Burgess did nothing at all but all I recalled from Whitehead was an horrific tackle that should of been red and clearing the bycars roof 
  • Like 1

I’m no surprised by the team. Not a lot of creativity in midfield granted, by let’s not forget we have Rodney, Worrall, Monty, Conlon and Clark who are all capable of producing something. I really hope we don’t concede first.

Not looking forward to this. Been awful recently and that’s as weak an 11 I think we could pick other than smith being back. 

Whats happened to all our options? Not even filling the bench now? No pace on the bench at all. 

What on earth has whitehead done to justify starting. He was bloody appalling last week. Fitzpatrick on as well. Awful 11 set up not to lose.