Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Stability is not always possible with injuries and pandemics. Early days for a group of players to gel with many changes. For the visit of favourites Salford we need to up our game, with the return of Smith, Conlon and Joyce at least, or even Manny and Amoo if fit? Salford`s run of DWDWD needs to be ended, especially with both their  league wins  being away, and Vale will need to put some thinking and effort into the game to achieve that, a repeat of Carlisle will not do. Players and Management are you listening?

• Like 1

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today. The back five produced an absolute masterclass to restrict the most expensive attack in the league to very few clear-cut chances. Good to see Joyce and Conlon back, even though Tom

I Do agree with Rob . Phil Bowers is. a true vale fan . And I do think. He says what he see’s . I do enjoy Listening to Phil . On Radio sJoke . 

When talking about being solid, I’m talking about the team (especially the defence) were solid.  From reading the comments during the match I feel that Whitehead has been unfairly scrutinised bec

Posted Images

All depends on what team turns up.  Typical Vale sides, you expect them to win and they loose.  Expect the team to loose and they win hands down.  Never easy being a Vale fan.  

Must of us are happy if they at least turn up and look like they are trying to win the ball, rather than being second best to everything.

They will probably come and try to play, so hopefully they will leave gaps for our players to run into and cause problems.

• Like 1

We'll probably get something against Salford as we can only be miles better. Lose the next couple of games though and what started as a very promising season potentially could turn into an absolute drag suddenly. For me our squad is still top 6 material, and we should be better than 7 points from 15. If someone had told me we would get that after the first 2 games I would have fallen on the floor laughing. It's all on Askey now to get the team right and get us going again, and quickly.

• Like 2

Back to 433 for me. Lets keep 442 as a plan b in games like Morcambe where its obvious they are just going to sit back.

We will prefer to play teams wo come at us so we can counter... question is whether they are just too good given the money they have sploshed around.

Back to 433 for me. Lets keep 442 as a plan b in games like Morcambe where its obvious they are just going to sit back.
We will prefer to play teams wo come at us so we can counter... question is whether they are just too good given the money they have sploshed around.
Agreed, hopefully they will still be learning and not gelled fully yet, whereas our endeavour and tactics can bridge any difference.

On 30/07/2020 at 11:53, Santa said:

If you look at how Peter Lim has hired and fired managers over the last 12 months at Valencia, Graham Alexander will be under massive pressure make a strong start next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
Alexander sacked, Scholes appointed as interim manager.

Let's hope Scholes is of the Gary neville school of management

He lasted 7 games at Oldham winning once! 14% win ratio.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jonti1969 said:

What are the odds of them getting that new manager bounce against us on Saturday

After the  last performances, Vale players should be aware of this and really up the tempo that's sadly missing at the moment.I would revert to 4-3-3 with a team that will push on.Otherwise feed them cold outdated pies😂😂😂

• Like 1