onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

To be honest, I don’t blame any of the players for the mess we are in. This is purely and simply a management issue. When today’s line up was announced, I didn’t know if we were playing 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or 5-3-2. Did the players? Especially when you consider that the assistant manager couldn’t even get the starting 11 right in the pre-match radio interview.

Just put myself through the misery of watching it back.

Unless he had a knock/strain I don't know about, Legge's play for the 4th is up there with the most appalling, cowardly lack of effort I have ever seen on the pitch. Dan Jones at Bradford and Wolves away springs to mind.

If he wasn't hindered by injury then I don't care it was late on - I would fine him if I was the manager for that shambolic cowardly lack of interest. You don't see that at ******* childrens level.

I am actually shocked. Wouldn't expect it from him.

Anyone going to Sincil Bank on Tuesday needs psychiatric intervention. All that way to pay to watch this spectacularly useless shower of **** masquerading as professional athletes.

It doesn’t matter what players Aspin goes out and gets. He’ll still have the same negative philosophy and play the same boring way with players out of position with his favourites in the team.

He looks to have lost the players, he has lost the fans (the sane majority anyway) and with a bit of luck in the morning he will lose his job too.

Aspin can't be held accountable when players who are in the team to create get into good positions and fail to deliver a quality ball time and time again. The one thing he can do is try and sign better, more consistent creative type players and hopefully that's what he'll try and do in January.

Its easy to criticise after the game and take it out on Aspin as he picks the team ,however if the players have decided amongst themselves to quicken the managers departure by non performing then they are doing what they are deliberately intending to do and worse they are carrying it out conning the loyal hardcore who still attend of a afternoons enjoyment .

So if a whole team are performing a 3 out of ten then what do you expect from Aspin do you expect him say well played lads yet again you have given a great performance when the truth is 5 out of every 7 games they are generally lousy at there job (players).

So i sympathise with Aspin but as i no longer go through choice looking in from the outside its player power again rearing its ugly head .

Would i sack Aspo no i wouldnt id put all the players on the transfer list and get some players in who aint so precious .

UTV

Its easy to criticise after the game and take it out on Aspin as he picks the team ,however if the players have decided amongst themselves to quicken the managers departure by non performing then they are doing what they are deliberately intending to do and worse they are carrying it out conning the loyal hardcore who still attend of a afternoons enjoyment .

So if a whole team are performing a 3 out of ten then what do you expect from Aspin do you expect him say well played lads yet again you have given a great performance when the truth is 5 out of every 7 games they are generally lousy at there job (players).

So i sympathise with Aspin but as i no longer go through choice looking in from the outside its player power again rearing its ugly head .

Would i sack Aspo no i wouldnt id put all the players on the transfer list and get some players in who aint so precious .

UTV

I'd suggest that as you no longer go you may not be in a position to point the finger at players as opposed to Aspin. This is not a recent issue. Aspin s woeful tactics, constant changes (less of late) and poor match preparation since his arrival has been the catalyst for this problem. He is out of his depth.

Player recruitment is a massive factor and Aspin doesn't get his first choice players to sign because NS won't pay the wages. We rarely win because the players are not good enough. Once again we have a big squad packed mostly with players who aren't good enough.

Fans continue to vote with their feet. We'll be back down to crowds of 2000 soon.

Why the f...ing hell leave it until Monday? Shyite should have gone by now and the blue owner should have announced he's going too. We are an absolute joke of a club and sliding so quickly to oblivion but no one cares. You can get treatment for cancer if you are lucky enough to detect it early but at Vale we simply carry on week to week with total idiots and pratts in charge of the club and team without any flinch to correct problems. Laughing stock or what ? I'm so, so angry and **** off with this whole facade.

I’m sorry, but you’re comments are out of order and you need to put things into perspective. All your anger and frustration caused by the club can be solved by simply walking away, stop going to matches etc.., whereas too many unfortunate people can’t walk away from cancer. It’s a stupid game of football, not life or death, you have a choice, cancer sufferers don’t.

Aspin can't be held accountable when players who are in the team to create get into good positions and fail to deliver a quality ball time and time again. The one thing he can do is try and sign better, more consistent creative type players and hopefully that's what he'll try and do in January.

For real? Can’t be held accountable? If it was a one or 2 game occurance the.n I’d agree but it’s been all season! So what has he done about it? How has he addressed the situation?

I’m sorry, but you’re comments are out of order and you need to put things into perspective. All your anger and frustration caused by the club can be solved by simply walking away, stop going to matches etc.., whereas too many unfortunate people can’t walk away from cancer. It’s a stupid game of football, not life or death, you have a choice, cancer sufferers don’t.
I am honestly sorry for any offence caused by my apology. Yes I am meet off and posted whilst angry. I've lost family and very close friends from cancer so I can assure you I meant no I'll in my feelings. I also have now walked away because this crazy situation at Vale has gripped me the wrong way. Apologies again mate. Hope you can get some enjoyment out of a seemingly obvious slide into oblivion but I'm done.

You’ve got your head in the sand. That’s just making a sweeping statement to blame the players. So they get into good positions constantly and consistently they fail to deliver every time? That’s the main issue is it and that’s why we’re playing so badly?

Can you not see that we have no game plan to get us into good positions more often? Can you not see that in order to get into good positions you need movement and players in their familiar positions all over the pitch? With no width, wingers or players who can play through sides we aimlessly go long. We are a side that looks disjointed, that looks like it doesn’t know what it’s doing, that has no shape, no way of playing other than hit it long and hope. We are not a cohesive side, we do not work through the week on what our identity is and what each players role in that is. We chop and change in the hope something comes off. We do not work on what the opposition do. Some of the decisions are bizarre. When it starts to go wrong we change it again and try something else. Almost 5 months in to the season and we have no idea what our standard starting 11 is or what our way of playing is. We are coached in the main by Nogan. That says it all about where the start of our problems lie. Nogan and Aspin are clearly out of their depth, it’s plain as day. Teams home and away consistently play better football than us. Our tactics are embarassing. Some of the square pegs in round holes are embarassing choices. We have a decent side with the right players and some direction, but we are only going one way and the manager has made a rod for his own back. It looks like he’s lost the players to me because of the constant changing, putting people in the wrong places and their general lack of ability to set up a side and give them a plan and a way of playing.

I am honestly sorry for any offence caused by my apology. Yes I am meet off and posted whilst angry. I've lost family and very close friends from cancer so I can assure you I meant no I'll in my feelings. I also have now walked away because this crazy situation at Vale has gripped me the wrong way. Apologies again mate. Hope you can get some enjoyment out of a seemingly obvious slide into oblivion but I'm done.

I walked away last season and don’t regret it one bit. Being there frustrated, angry, cold and totally bored was not helping anyone’s cause, the team, the club and certainly not my own. Loyalty was bordering stupidity. It was hard at first, but now I sadly don’t miss it. When things change, I’ll be back, whether it’s league 2 or conference, my only criteria being that I enjoy myself, because under the current regime, enjoyment is not possible.

No apologies needed for the other comments.

I walked away last season and don’t regret it one bit. Being there frustrated, angry, cold and totally bored was not helping anyone’s cause, the team, the club and certainly not my own. Loyalty was bordering stupidity. It was hard at first, but now I sadly don’t miss it. When things change, I’ll be back, whether it’s league 2 or conference, my only criteria being that I enjoy myself, because under the current regime, enjoyment is not possible.

No apologies needed for the other comments.

Cheers. Maybe I'll be alongside you when matters improve , if they ever do.

Not sure why the thread on popes Twitter debacle has been closed. He's made a complete **** of himself. Essentially called fans ******* and told them to eat ****. We also shouldnt expect to beat Oldham or Macclesfield and this is just a bad spell. 9 in 46 a bad spell. **** OFF.

For real? Can’t be held accountable? If it was a one or 2 game occurance the.n I’d agree but it’s been all season! So what has he done about it? How has he addressed the situation?

It’s a similar situation to mourinho, if the players have downed tools he’s got no chance. I would imagine the lads have certain friends at the club and if there not selected would be pissed off to the point of not trying. I’m sure some lads don’t like miller, Kay, Joyce,whitefield not playing ( childish I know but that’s footballers)Yes he is the boss, and responsible,the players are what Smurthwaite would pay for, so that’s why we have these players, also who wants to play for port vale if there is another option, usually on more money? He has tried to bring players to this club, but for the above reasons most won’t come!!

Archived