onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Time to test ourselves against a team above us for a change? A Latics team smarting after a 6 goal hammering, could be shattered or keen to recover their previous good form, thus could go either way. We must surely start with Whitfield, was Monty being conserved for this game? Strangely enough I fancy a 4-0 repeat of last year`s final game. (Where are Luton now? 38 places above us.)

Advert

If we can't score against a team that just got hit for six then we really are in trouble

We are in trouble then. Even if Oldham promised to play only 6 players we would not score. With the extra men, Aspin would put more defenders and defensive midfielders on the pitch and leave Pope up front by himself and then get the players to hoof it up to him. These balls will be then over hit or under hit. They would break and walk through our players and score a cracker of a goal.

I'm sure we played someone earlier in the season who had just been trounced , might of been Swindon ?

Went to the game thinking these are vulnerable if we get an early goal.

We all know what happened next !!

0-2

Swindon it was who’d been trounced I think by Carlisle as with Oldham!

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Clarke

Montano

Conlon

Oyeleke

Hannant

Whitfield

Pope

Why not go with that with players in their relative correct positions and plenty of attacking potential with Whitfield and Pope a workable partnership and Monty able to provide ammunition.

Also felt Conlon and Manny worked well before Manny last got crocked!

Several years ago, I took on a job that I hated. I agreed a six month contract, did what I said I'd do and took the money. I remember waking up in a morning with a feeling of dread that I'd got to go in. I had a similar feeling yesterday when I woke up and knew I'd got to go up the Vale. I go out of a sense of duty because it's my club, my team.

I just hope we survive the current muppet of an owner, get a better owner soon who brings new life to the club and a different philosophy from the top down.

Archived