onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

It would be the job of Norman to actually realise that the manager role is one that you can’t scrimp and save on!!!!

Do you honestly think Norman will pay money for a decent Manager.He asked Askey to take a cut from his poor Macclesfield pay.It,ll be the cheapest option to show he has done something so he can blame the fans for not turning up to see absolute rubbish every week.

You ask yourself why is he staying but he is milking the club dry before he goes.

He has returned more than his 1.2 million he paid for the club but will continue with his smoke and mirrors moving money around his various companies to show the disillusioned fans that he is our saviour.

Bill Bell must have told him where his biscuit tin is when he had his out of body experience.

His tutor was Owen Royston who was a master of disguising his assets .

Can you see any decent player wanting to come to Vale in January if they could be dropping into the National League in the summer.

Advert

Do you honestly think Norman will pay money for a decent Manager.He asked Askey to take a cut from his poor Macclesfield pay.It,ll be the cheapest option to show he has done something so he can blame the fans for not turning up to see absolute rubbish every week.

You ask yourself why is he staying but he is milking the club dry before he goes.

He has returned more than his 1.2 million he paid for the club but will continue with his smoke and mirrors moving money around his various companies to show the disillusioned fans that he is our saviour.

Bill Bell must have told him where his biscuit tin is when he had his out of body experience.

His tutor was Owen Royston who was a master of disguising his assets .

Can you see any decent player wanting to come to Vale in January if they could be dropping into the National League in the summer.

Think we are all saying the same thing here! In summary... Norman is doing a great job of ruining a community club. Putting his own ego infront of the legacy of the club.

Until he goes we will be a league two team at best and more likely a none league team.

Tom Pope on twitter telling Vale fans who dare criticise 9 wins in 46 games to:

"You’re a <ovf censored>, a fan that can’t be pleased, a fan that would rather abuse than congratulate! Go eat **** you bell I’ve seen you long enough"

"go eat **** and if you’re offended go eat a big massive pile of ****! #******"

The tweets that propagated this eloquent tirade:

"To busy writing in the sentinel, wants start trying stick it in the onion bag."

"Nice way too speak too the fans."

I'm sure some characters on here will respond with "go on Popey, proper #lad" but this is absolutely unacceptable from the captain of a football club.

People have said we haven't been very good this year (which we haven't), and he's harped on about there being ups and downs (despite the year being a permanent down) and how he's going to prove the haters wrong (sounding like a WWE villain).

Classy lad. I don't really see any evidence of abuse towards Pope apart from "Tom, we aren't a very good football team".

People will laud his passhun and commitment to his boyhood club, but considering no one has sworn at him, called him names, or come anywhere near to abusing him (if you think the Sentinel comment is 'abuse' you really are a delicate snowflake) , this sort of reaction is embarrassing (being lapped up by the Stokies).

Great player, really needs to be careful on twitter.

At the time of that comment about Vassell I think it was fair. He certainly had a nightmare first half today and that does leave@ dilemma about keeping faith and givinghim an extended run versus taking him out for now, I’d probably take him out at this point. I still think the formation / tactics thing is overstated. The fact is we’re very inconsistent. If you bring in lads from a lower level, you have to back them for six months at least. This month most have not been anywhere near good enough but as much as I was against tying them all down to long contracts last month, I’m against the wholesale despair this month. My main worry tonight is that Aspin’s interview made him sound so down, first time I’ve heard that and he and the squad need to find some resilience pdq because intrinsically they’re ok at this levelbut the psychology tonight isnot good at all.

I’m not sleepwalking or unconcerned just aware that a level hesd is needed.

Vassells been poor since the Morecambe game, it’s plain as day he’s not a full back and the opposition have been targeting it. Today’s performance was down to the management, he should have been taken out before today, he has been hung out to dry and that first half could destroy him because he was that bad. Vassell hasn’t spent ten years at academies learning to be a full back and yet we have players at the club who can play in these positions and Aspin is not trusting them, those kind of decisions will be his undoing because it’s just baffling.

What do you mean by tactics and formation are overstated? We have no tactics and our formation is ever changing and is determined by which panic button the management have pressed. I can see no progression and have no idea what we are trying to do.

If anyone can find any proof of 'abuse' of Tom which goes further than 'stop writing columns in the Sentinel', please put it on here.

It seems, along with Aspo, they've developed this 'us vs them' relationship with the fans where any form of criticism levelled at them for obviously under-par performances can be labelled as 'abuse'.

Look, at the end of the day it's all well and good naming managers who are currently unemployed but we ain't gonna get none of them. What manager would genuinely want to come to the Vale, with Smurth in charge? And the reality is if we sack Aspin we will be stuck with either of the following:

Lee Nogan

Danny Pugh

I don't believe for one second Smurf will be spending this 400k on our club but its clear that the first priority would be a manage

Last but not least Smurf is clearly destroying this club and any manager will find it difficult working under him, his reputation in Football is surely laughable? The man has been in possession of a Football club for 6 years now, and has no idea how to run and has not shown any signs of improvement.

All in all the club is just a toxic place to be at the moment and I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Some people on here keep blaming Vassell he is not a left back the problem is the guy next to him Smith has been atrocious for a season and half now.He gave the first goal away today every week he plays its a disaster waiting to happen i can see Matt Rhead rubbing his hands waiting to play against him next match.

Some people on here keep blaming Vassell he is not a left back the problem is the guy next to him Smith has been atrocious for a season and half now.He gave the first goal away today every week he plays its a disaster waiting to happen i can see Matt Rhead rubbing his hands waiting to play against him next match.

Absolutely rubbish to be blaming Smith for Vassells poor performances. Smith has been easily one of our best performers this last couple of months, he’s he made a mistake today.

Saw Tom's twitter a few hours ago where he was basically inviting it on [I prove everyone wrong and have done all my life so do your worst I’m waiting].

Thought at the time he'd been drinking. The tweets since make it pretty clear.

He's a good lad and his honest tweets are often great but he's been daft tonight. Poor behaviour from a Captain who has just made things worse for Neil Aspin.

Saw Tom's twitter a few hours ago where he was basically inviting it on [I prove everyone wrong and have done all my life so do your worst I’m waiting].

He's a good lad and his honest tweets are often great but he's been daft tonight. Poor behaviour from a Captain who has just made things worse for Neil Aspin.

Symptomatic of the state we're in.

Doesn't exactly smack of a man who's confident we can turn it around.

Some will claim it shows passion but I can think of 100 ways I'd prefer to see passion than swearing at a fan.

He's evidently frustrated and rightly so, he is just as big of a fan as all of us and I think people forget that sometimes...

Tom Pope on twitter telling Vale fans who dare criticise 9 wins in 46 games to:

"You’re a <ovf censored>, a fan that can’t be pleased, a fan that would rather abuse than congratulate! Go eat **** you bell I’ve seen you long enough"

"go eat **** and if you’re offended go eat a big massive pile of ****! #******"

The tweets that propagated this eloquent tirade:

"To busy writing in the sentinel, wants start trying stick it in the onion bag."

"Nice way too speak too the fans."

I'm sure some characters on here will respond with "go on Popey, proper #lad" but this is absolutely unacceptable from the captain of a football club.

People have said we haven't been very good this year (which we haven't), and he's harped on about there being ups and downs (despite the year being a permanent down) and how he's going to prove the haters wrong (sounding like a WWE villain).

Classy lad. I don't really see any evidence of abuse towards Pope apart from "Tom, we aren't a very good football team".

People will laud his passhun and commitment to his boyhood club, but considering no one has sworn at him, called him names, or come anywhere near to abusing him (if you think the Sentinel comment is 'abuse' you really are a delicate snowflake) , this sort of reaction is embarrassing (being lapped up by the Stokies).

Great player, really needs to be careful on twitter.

Popey's probably reacting to the awful grammar used in the tweet? It's got to be a Sjokie.:thepope:

He's evidently frustrated and rightly so, he is just as big of a fan as all of us and I think people forget that sometimes...

I don't really understand how swearing and abusing a fan is excused by this? Would prefer him to focus his efforts on putting things right, instead of dropping a swearing nuke on a fairly innocuous bit of stick (which seemed half written in jest)

As Doha says, the pressure is obviously getting to him, and if our captain and Vale fan is lashing out like this, what sort of state is the dressing room in these days?

Archived