onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Pope was bullied and marked out of it by two centre halves and Clark is experienced enough to give him nothing.

Again Gibbons should have been used to replace Vassell and Clark moved to leftback.

Whitfield played well first half but got nothing on the left side.

How Quigley gets in the squad is ridiculous as he is a donkey best suited to Blackpoolbeach.

When I heard we had Quigley from Blackpool I didn't realise it was from the beach.

Advert

I think that this forum is pretty polarised at this point (more leaning towards Aspin out). I know that there is not much positive to take away at the moment but there are some people who just seem to be waiting for the team sheet or for the opposition to score so that they can have a **** and moan. No constructive commentary just people saying how negative everything is before a ball has been kicked. If the opposition score then people just post that it's all over. It's really not healthy.

Unfortunately QV if the opposition score first it usually is all over. At the moment Montreal seems a great place to be a Vale supporter.

What a squad when people say it's much better than last year you are kidding yourselves.

Pope...... in his frustration is rejuvenating his DIVA routines of arms flailing all over the place and little pirouette when he thinks he's gone close (a tutu would just balance that off nicely).

Hannant.... is trying to become the bad boy of the front line by getting into people's faces and keeping hold of the ball etc. Pity he does't show any of that when they take the ball off him all the time.

Quigley.... who pointed him out and said there's a twenty goals a season guy in there at the professional level?

Vassell..... who pulled him aside and said you'll make a great full back well they had better apologise.

Oyeleke..... has anyone told him that a season is 46 games.

Kaye....granddad

Legge and Smith.....Lauel & Hardy another fine mess we got each other in.

Clark... get out while you can.

Montano......keep drinking the potion...Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.

BROWN..........please please don't leave us pretty please.

By the way their No17 totally outplayed our No8 infact the whole of our midfield.

I agree he did ok but he never won a promotion as the other three named.

On another point, I remember when Brian Horton was appointed he was quoted as saying 'he left Brighton because he felt Vale had more potential'. He was probably right at the time but how times have changed!!

While he was at Vale, Brighton went above Vale.

You know whay some fans deserve what they get.. They always chuck the blame at the manager, where the cancer of the club is Smurf. Yes we are **** and i hate sitting through this **** every week, but if that **** hadnt been such a **** over the Rob Page fiasco, then we could attract better managers..FACT.

You know whay some fans deserve what they get.. They always chuck the blame at the manager, where the cancer of the club is Smurf. Yes we are **** and i hate sitting through this **** every week, but if that **** hadnt been such a **** over the Rob Page fiasco, then we could attract better managers..FACT.

Correct! Clueless, cancerous piece of s-:t only in it to cream off money

So you're defending Aspin appalling record as a manager of Port Vale then pretty much?

So you're defending Aspin appalling record as a manager of Port Vale then pretty much?

Not really mate, i tried my hardest give Aspin a chance, but we wouldnt even be in this situation if Smurf wasnt such a dick. Where do we go from here? I honestly dont know. I fear for Port Vale .

Awful month. For context, this time last month the vibe on here was all about making sure we extended a number of contracts. There doesn’t seem to be any midddle ground. I don’t get overexcited by an exceptionally good month or an exceptionally bad one.

You also say that Vassell is a decent improving player, and that opinions regarding Aspin's team selections and tactics have been over-negative.

You seem to be one of the (unfortunately far too numerous) fans that sleep-walk through games/seasons and would then only realise that things aren't quite right when we are struggling in the Conference, a la Chesterfield/Stockport/York.

Archived