onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

That was certainly a performance which, despite what we'll hear in Aspos interview, smacks of a lost dressing room. The team played with no passion, no energy and just no go.

I'll only be echoing others here but the team selections are just unbelievable. Why any manager, especially one who is surely feeling under the kosch now, plays players put of position at this level of the game is mind boggling. We've got a left back at right back, centre back at left back and right back nowhere near the team. Montano on the right? Wow!

When teams of Oldhams quality are doing you up 1.4 at home there are big, big problems.

You could make a case for Scott Brown being the best keeper in the division. And yet we can't keep any clean sheets and ship goals for absolute fun. He's the only one who can hold his head up and say he puts in his best every single game. He must wonder what the hell he's doing at Vale.

Ultimately it's Normans fault but Neil aspin is not helping himself one bit. He was a staunch defender so I would absolutely expect his philosophy to be defend first. But surely that also means he can see the importance of having players in the right position. Vassell cannot play left back. He gets done on his inside time and again, game after game after game.

Oyeleke now looks awful.

Conlon was finding himself shoved out on the left when he's looked more than decent in the middle.

Clarke was woeful today and hasn't looked himself for a bit.

Why?

I think he's clearly starting to **** the players off now with his persistence in in playing players where they aren't comfortable, dour tactics and motivation and just down right awful man management.

If he stays it will be down to two other teams to be worse again.

I thought just that at the Cheltenham game. Despite the late equaliser, the Vale looked liked a side that had no confidence or belief, no game plan, no understanding of their roles and little or no desire, with players drifting in and out of the game. They looked just like a team that simply didn't want to play for the manager.

Aspin has to take responsibility for this and he is running out of road. Unless he can work a miracle in January, the chances are he'll be gone. With fixtures against Lincoln, Colchester, Carlisle and even Crawley, I can't see us getting a point. At that stage, with six defeats in a row, we would be in complete and utter freefall.

So Norman has a choice, he can either then replace Aspin or see his pennies start to go down the drain at a rate of knots. Our problem is that on his own admission, he knows nowt about football, so who's he going to turn to? And if he does get good advice, who will want to come? This, of course, is when money talks.

Over to you, Norman.

Advert

What tirade, you numpty? I'm a fan of Pope, although clearly he's past his best and we shouldn't be relying on him to carry the club. Stop making things up to suit your own weird agenda.

Maybe you'll finally come to your senses, if you have any, when we're in the Conference.

So you were for Aspin when he was appointed, then against him, then for him after a good win now against him, wonder what the next electrical storm in your brain will bring.

Seems like Mr. Smurthwaite is meeting Neil on Monday to discuss today's game and his future.

So that’s it then Pugh is Manager on Tuesday with Tonge as assistant.

Norman won’t go until all the Hugill money is in his @rse pocket.

You won’t starve him out because he has a lifeline to run the club into the ground before he goes and then blame the fans.Aspin promised quality instead of quantity but still had to shop in Poundland.Some of his signings have been very poor.

Thanks.

Grade a ******.

That’s then. Just what we need is happy clappers like yourself who will see this club drop into the non league before they ******* wake up!

If vale did something remotely positive I would

Post something positive.

Explain something positive about the last month or so and why aspin should be the manager.... please.

Since the Yeovil game we've gone 5 league games without a win, 3 of which we've drawn, one we had more chances and should have won (Grimsby) and all were form teams, today was the worst performance of the season. No doubt Aspin in cautious, I also have posted about some of his player choices and tactics but PVFC needs consolidation at the moment after the last two seasons and IMHO sacking the manager is not the way to go.

The Jan transfer window is gonna be crucial for Vale, we need some creativity and another player who can put the ball in the net regularly, the interest in Mark Sykes given his reputation is a plus although it's asking a lot of a young player with no EFL experience to come in straight away and make a difference.

I've posted before an audacious bid for Danny Mayor of Bury would be just one of the tickets if we could get him, that's the sort of quality needed, money needs to be made available for signings.

It's time for calm heads at Vale Park, not knee jerk reactions. Last year from Jan 'til the end of the season I believe we only won 2 games, that's unlikely to happen in 2019.

I wasn't that thrilled with talk of Aspin being appointed last year but when it was made clear John Rudge would be part of the managerial team I thought it was as good as Vale could do, I have no idea how they work together but it's time for Rudgie to exert a little more influence.

Brilliant' date=' lets have [b']Tongue and Pugh[/b] as joint managers. That's what will happen. Relegation guaranteed.

I'm not sure what the juice is with Aspin, but hes better than above^^^

It would be the job of Norman to actually realise that the manager role is one that you can’t scrimp and save on!!!!

Since the Yeovil game we've gone 5 league games without a win, 3 of which we've drawn, one we had more chances and should have won (Grimsby) and all were form teams, today was the worst performance of the season. No doubt Aspin in cautious, I also have posted about some of his player choices and tactics but PVFC needs consolidation at the moment after the last two seasons and IMHO sacking the manager is not the way to go.

The Jan transfer window is gonna be crucial for Vale, we need some creativity and another player who can put the ball in the net regularly, the interest in Mark Sykes given his reputation is a plus although it's asking a lot of a young player with no EFL experience to come in straight away and make a difference.

I've posted before an audacious bid for Danny Mayor of Bury would be just one of the tickets if we could get him, that's the sort of quality needed, money needs to be made available for signings.

It's time for calm heads at Vale Park, not knee jerk reactions. Last year from Jan 'til the end of the season I believe we only won 2 games, that's unlikely to happen in 2019.

I wasn't that thrilled with talk of Aspin being appointed last year but when it was made clear John Rudge would be part of the managerial team I thought it was as good as Vale could do, I have no idea how they work together but it's time for Rudgie to exert a little more influence.

It doesn’t matter what players Aspin goes out and gets. He’ll still have the same negative philosophy and play the same boring way with players out of position with his favourites in the team.

He looks to have lost the players, he has lost the fans (the sane majority anyway) and with a bit of luck in the morning he will lose his job too.

Seems like Mr. Smurthwaite is meeting Neil on Monday to discuss today's game and his future.
Why the f...ing hell leave it until Monday? Shyite should have gone by now and the blue owner should have announced he's going too. We are an absolute joke of a club and sliding so quickly to oblivion but no one cares. You can get treatment for cancer if you are lucky enough to detect it early but at Vale we simply carry on week to week with total idiots and pratts in charge of the club and team without any flinch to correct problems. Laughing stock or what ? I'm so, so angry and **** off with this whole facade.

You also say that Vassell is a decent improving player, and that opinions regarding Aspin's team selections and tactics have been over-negative.

You seem to be one of the (unfortunately far too numerous) fans that sleep-walk through games/seasons and would then only realise that things aren't quite right when we are struggling in the Conference, a la Chesterfield/Stockport/York.

At the time of that comment about Vassell I think it was fair. He certainly had a nightmare first half today and that does leave@ dilemma about keeping faith and givinghim an extended run versus taking him out for now, I’d probably take him out at this point. I still think the formation / tactics thing is overstated. The fact is we’re very inconsistent. If you bring in lads from a lower level, you have to back them for six months at least. This month most have not been anywhere near good enough but as much as I was against tying them all down to long contracts last month, I’m against the wholesale despair this month. My main worry tonight is that Aspin’s interview made him sound so down, first time I’ve heard that and he and the squad need to find some resilience pdq because intrinsically they’re ok at this levelbut the psychology tonight isnot good at all.

I’m not sleepwalking or unconcerned just aware that a level hesd is needed.

Archived