onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Been saying for a while now that we are a team with no tactics, no clue as to our best 11 and that square pegs in round holes is not working and I’ve even questioned if the players are going out there truly believing in the direction they’re doing in. Today for me just proved they don’t believe in Aspin. It was a total mess and just showed the panic Aspin conveys in the tinkering and changes.

Vassell should have been nowhere near the starting 11 and Oldham exploited him first half. I felt sorry for him. There were 2 positive changes in Whitfield and Monty. But Monty showed us his true colours and as usual was anonymous in that first half. Whitfield on the other hand is much better being given a free role up top I think. But it’s another formation change.

Vassell coming off was the right change to make, he was having a terrible game, they were getting behind, he was hesitant, but instead of bringing on a full back we go back to the “Monty is a left back” experiment again. It didn’t work. He was trying to dribble it out when he should have cleared it, he got done one on one for the goal. Again it’s not his fault he isn’t a full back, but I bet we’re lucky to have seen ten good games from

Him in 2 seasons.

Smith and Legge battled away but The problem left back area is making Smith look worse than he is. Maybe Smith was at fault for the first. I’m convinced Clark isn’t busting a gut for us in both recovery runs and getting up. Apart from one good first half cross and his shot off the post he was poor. Pope had another bad one too, but with little service what do we expect?

The second half was like game of fifa, throw some forward players on and hope something drops. I like Worrall, but he’s been out of the picture a long time. To be fair to him he was trying to link up with Clark, but I really think Clark doesn’t make enough forward runs around his winger at the right time and a lot of what Worrall was trying wasn’t coming off either. But then again we haven’t played with wingers and full backs linking so maybe that’s not their fault. Yet all of a sudden we try it again. The same was true on the left where Monty hardly linked up with his winger either. Manny was ineffective again, hardly anything went right for him. Quigley came on and went up front which saw Whitfield move to the left, that took him out of the game pretty much. Hannant went to centre mid and was no better there. Quigley was hopeless. Everything had an air of desperation about it and I don’t think the players buy into anything Aspins doing. I don’t blame them because I thought even a poor Oldham team showed us how to pass and move and be comfortable on the ball, something we look so far removed from it’s unreal.

Surely it must spell the end for the manager. We look like we have no idea of what we’re doing at all. We supposedly have a better squad this season than last season, but it’s not utilised well enough and the managers constant tinkering, lack of tactics and playing people out of position is going to be his undoing.

If he stays he’ll probably go back to playing 5 centre halves and say “see that’s what you get when we play Whitfield and Monty in the same side”.

Advert

I think that this forum is pretty polarised at this point (more leaning towards Aspin out). I know that there is not much positive to take away at the moment but there are some people who just seem to be waiting for the team sheet or for the opposition to score so that they can have a **** and moan. No constructive commentary just people saying how negative everything is before a ball has been kicked. If the opposition score then people just post that it's all over. It's really not healthy.

People are rightly not happy with being a ******* **** league 2 club, playing **** football with literally no plan or idea week in week out. This is Port Vale - not some wanky no mark team. People need to be made aware that they are falling way below the standards expected of them when they are representing our club, whether they be a player or the manager.

Top to bottom the whole thing is a ******* disgrace. Trying to find positives when there really isn't any will get us nowhere. Look at the attendances and look at our league position. We are literally watching our club die.

Has he been sacked yet?

As a season ticket holder I went Boxing Day, but decided after putting myself through that I wouldn’t be going again. As for renewing my season ticket, not a chance in hell.

I’m done with Port Vale whilst Aspin and Scumwaith are still there. Kills me not to go but it’s they only way or I’ll end up in a mental institution if I witness anymore of that. A real low in the history of Port Vale!

To all the happy clappers saying we have improved, check the facts we are 3 points worse off than this time last year.

Just listened to his interview with Radio Stoke he sounds like a man who has given up to me and doesn't know what to do...Neil please do the right thing by Port Vale and walk..... or Norman please give him a push out the door!

Why hasn't there been a bulletin announcing his sacking?

He isn't the man for the job.

9 wins in 46 during 2018.

1 win in the last 9.

Aspin out. The fans deserve better.

Because he wont be sacked, Norman hasnt got a clue and will desperately hope he can turn it around ( or he doesnt care either way )

Pope was bullied and marked out of it by two centre halves and Clark is experienced enough to give him nothing.

Again Gibbons should have been used to replace Vassell and Clark moved to leftback.

Whitfield played well first half but got nothing on the left side.

How Quigley gets in the squad is ridiculous as he is a donkey best suited to Blackpoolbeach.

Just listened to his interview with Radio Stoke he sounds like a man who has given up to me and doesn't know what to do...Neil please do the right thing by Port Vale and walk..... or Norman please give him a push out the door!

Smurf won’t sack him and Aspin won’t walk.

Oldham didn’t wait long before sacking their Manager.

I imagine we are still paying Baldrick Brown from last season.

Archived