onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

raywalkersbananakick

Advert

You naive lot.

You've gone from Adams, to Page, to Bruno, to Brown and all of a sudden you expect the likes of Coleman and Di Canio?!

Deary me.

It will be one of Morgan or Kelly if they stay or Pope and Yates because they've run a Sunday league team!

That's not a knock on Pope and Yates. It's just reality. I'm sure they are both quietly fuming at the state of the club.

If not, I'd be concerned why not.

The thread is who do we want not necessarily what will happen.

I don't disagree Brown will stay in charge probably until the end of October and if we are still struggling then we will get the cheapest option going. Sad but true

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

But it's irrelevant who you want, it's who Smurf would get.

Look at the names he's appointed and the names who have been interviewed or approached for the job, like Stephen Constantine.

Do you seriously believe he would even look twice at any of the names on this thread?!

Constantine almost got the job around the time of the Exeter cup debacle but was appointed manager of India on a huge salary so didn't come. He was going to bring two top Indian players as well.

Constantine almost got the job around the time of the Exeter cup debacle but was appointed manager of India on a huge salary so didn't come. He was going to bring two top Indian players as well.

Is there actually a thing as a top Indian player? never ever heard of one anywhere

I've just seen that Mr Brown's win record is under 20%! I appreciate that he's only been a manager for just over half a season, but still, that's shocking! Even Rob Page had over 35%, and the majority of decent managers hover around the 40-45% mark. But I do think Brown should be given until the end of October to turn things around (by then, the team should have 'gelled') and there will be no excuses at that point.

As i said i agree we wont go for a bigger but i am certain that it wont be any of the 4 you have mentioned...if i was a betting man and if its smurfs not Garlicks decision then Cox(ex Barrow) will be in the top candidates as Norman does like him

I'll put my mortgage on it not being Cox.

Well JVF is off the market now he's at Northampton.

I would love us to actually pay money to get a good manager who could rebuild the club reputation, have a proven track record of promotions through the football league with a very positive outlook. We need someone to stop our losing mentality and blaming everyone other than ourselves for not getting a result. We need a manager with good contacts who just needs a break after one job didn't quite go his way.

Step forward Nigel Adkins, a fabulous football club with a proud history, lots of passionate fans and a brilliant away following awaits................Port Vale

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

At last a positive thread, I actually got quite exciting by this one thinking I missed the impending departure of Brown! Then realized that we're speculating on a positive appointment of someone more capable that the ******** we have in place at present.

Hearing Brown speak after Saturday's match was frankly cringe worthy! Hearing him discuss his so called 4-3-3 formation it was laughable and at same time

I found myself shouting at the radio correcting him, I can't believe that he believes that we played that style!

Anyways onwards and upwards - my vote goes too anyone with more than an ounce of experience!

Norman wont attract a decent manager because he wont offer a decent salary he may offer as salary roughly what a heavy goods driver could earn but he'd baulk at that,he'll never offer what Adams was on he's a zero hours type of boss who thinks that just working for him should be enough to satisfy the lower classes as he's DER TOP BANANA.HUM HA.

Step forward Nigel Adkins

Not convinced at all.

Blades fans though would be the one, as did I when he was appointed.

They said he talked in riddles, making no sense at all. His results were poor as well. He was sacked....

Maybe it's the Sheffield connection that doesn't work, although their current boss is doing well.

Archived