onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

raywalkersbananakick

You naive lot.

You've gone from Adams, to Page, to Bruno, to Brown and all of a sudden you expect the likes of Coleman and Di Canio?!

Deary me.

It will be one of Morgan or Kelly if they stay or Pope and Yates because they've run a Sunday league team!

I've said for the last couple of weeks that if Brown were to leave then the job would just go to Morgan or Kelly, or the other option would probably be to give it to Pope & Yates. As preposterous as that sounds and indeed is, its exactly the type of cheap, clueless appointment that this owner would make. Witness his 3-man shortlist last Summer of so-called "outstanding candidates" - Ribeiro, Stephen Constantine and Brian Little!

Cotterill has been my choice the last 2 or 3 times the manager's job has been vacant. There's probably no chance he'd want it but that's the calibre of experienced manager we should be going for.

However, the bloke making the decision (and it will be Smurthwaite - Garlick won't have anything like the authority to make such a decision) doesn't have the first clue and/or just doesn't give a t0ss. He simply looks at a balance sheet/wage demand and won't sanction paying over specific (low) amounts for any role, no matter how vital they are, whether it be for a goalscoring striker or the manager.

Rememeber when Neil Redfern mentioned in a newspaper article that he was offered £40K/year for the Vale job, which he rightly deemed to be a poor offer for a League 1 manager's job, but you just got people on here claiming that he was lying, or bizarrely that the article reporter and national media had a vendetta against Vale.

In any case I don't expect Brown to go any time soon, no matter how long we go without winning/climbing the table, as he seems deluded and unable to accept responsibility or admit mistakes and therefore won't go of his own accord, while he won't get sacked due to the cost.

Advert

Rememeber when Neil Redfern mentioned in a newspaper article that he was offered £40K/year for the Vale job, which he rightly deemed to be a poor offer for a League 1 manager's job, but you just got people on here claiming that he was lying, or bizarrely that the article reporter and national media had a vendetta against Vale.

We know that Redfearn, Constantine and Astra's manager (the Romanian side that beat West Ham in UEFA cup qualifying last season) claimed to have been approached by Vale.

It sounds very much like Norman was using an intermediary (Saide perhaps) to approach and recruit managers on his behalf.

We know that Redfearn, Constantine and Astra's manager (the Romanian side that beat West Ham in UEFA cup qualifying last season) claimed to have been approached by Vale.

It sounds very much like Norman was using an intermediary (Saide perhaps) to approach and recruit managers on his behalf.

....with low salary offers!?! Hence, no experienced manager would/will touch the club with a barge-pole!

Nigel Adkins please

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Sadly i cant see us paying what those sort of managers would want....realistically if Brown goes then targets would be Constantine(i think thats his name),Cox...my realistic targets for us would be Ainsworth,Chris Powell,McDermott maybe

I'd like us to go for a young untried foreign manager who has some decent contacts in the game. Surely there'll be some decent overseas players we could get in on the cheap?

ideally someone from the Iberian peninsula? There must be one available and with a bit of luck he knows an agent who can get us some cheap but high quality out of contract players that everyone else has overlooked.

Simply do the traditional thing, same thing we did when Micky came. Sack the manager, invite applications, go through the CVs, interview the outstanding 5 or 6, pick the best man for the job. On to you Garlick.

Why should we invite cv's lets show some ambition for once and ask a club for permission to speak to their manager,lets try get one doing a job at a club rather than one who has been sacked for being ****

Sadly i cant see us paying what those sort of managers would want....realistically if Brown goes then targets would be Constantine(i think thats his name),Cox...my realistic targets for us would be Ainsworth,Chris Powell,McDermott maybe

You're probably right tbh but this was the guy I shouted for before Bruno or brown we'd be in a lot better situation with Adkins

For a businessman as Smurf is would have been a great appointment as you need to speculate to accumulate and Adkins would have took us on to the championship in my opinion anyway

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived