onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

raywalkersbananakick

Paul I ask myself a different question . Would we have been relegated if we had an experienced manager with those players and the transfer window,taking into account the three departing players you mention. For me the answer is No so I wasn't exactly jumping for joy when Brown got the job but I was banging the patience drum even before a ball was kicked.

IMHO we would have been relegated, the only way we stood any chance was if an experienced manager had signed 4-6 good players but for whatever reasom funds were not available to do so or should I say not made avaiable to MB.

I totally understand Vale fans' frustration but for me Vale have played some decent stuff but more composure is needed in the last 3rd, the loss of Michael Tong has and will be huge. Chesterfield, Notts and arguably Crewe scored against the run of play and and we should have got something out of each of the last home games but the ball is not running for us. Brown has signed some decent players but with the next two fixtures away from home it may get worse.

Advert

Naive is accepting those managers in the first place- Page, Bruno, Brown, Foyle, Glover, Grew etc... Vale fans like you guys who now stand here like you are 'the awoken' are the same lot who backed most of the above.

Di Canio has no job and could be interested, Coleman is within our budget easily. It's whether the owner will spend the money. It's up to us convince him it's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

WHY ?? would smurf take any notice of fans he sees as either customers or richard heads U people need to realise your position in the pecking order at PVFC u r just one up from the club cat or the pigeons that use the place as a toilet

GET REAL and by the way wats the short name for richard it's dick and it's a well suited name for most of u so well dun smurf u av at least got something right even if it is on twitter 😜

IMHO we would have been relegated, the only way we stood any chance was if an experienced manager had signed 4-6 good players but for whatever reasom funds were not available to do so or should I say not made avaiable to MB.

I totally understand Vale fans' frustration but for me Vale have played some decent stuff but more composure is needed in the last 3rd, the loss of Michael Tong has and will be huge. Chesterfield, Notts and arguably Crewe scored against the run of play and and we should have got something out of each of the last home games but the ball is not running for us. Brown has signed some decent players but with the next two fixtures away from home it may get worse.

I agree I think we have some decent players at this level but we are just not set up right. Tin hats will be required if it gets worse!

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Naive is accepting those managers in the first place- Page, Bruno, Brown, Foyle, Glover, Grew etc... Vale fans like you guys who now stand here like you are 'the awoken' are the same lot who backed most of the above.

In the first place surely you have to accept and back the manager..you have to give him a chance and as he's got the job might as well support him to start with. If he turns out to be a duffer then by all means remove that backing but all have to be given a chance.

In the first place surely you have to accept and back the manager..you have to give him a chance and as he's got the job might as well support him to start with. If he turns out to be a duffer then by all means remove that backing but all have to be given a chance.

Baldrick Brown has had his chance(s) and proved to be a duffer.

31 games now and a win ratio of less than 20%.

Get real Co leman will not leave Accrington to change me to Port Vale next to bottle m of Div 2.Why take such a gamble.

Norman has supposedly taken a back seat so it's up to his puppets Fradley and Garlick to do something about the situation.They havnt got the balls to sack Brown but if we lose again at Coventry on Saturday something needs to be done to get rid of Brown.His record shows he is not capable of turning it round or a change of luck.

Adkins and Cotterill are available and have the knowledge to get us out of this mess .

Not really if you arent happy with the appointment surely it's correct that as a fan base you make that clearly evident? If you are happy then they get time. I'd be happy and give time to anyone that justified been given time as they have a track record of sorting clubs out. Managers in the last decade bar Adams have been a total experiment, with ex players trying their hand and seeing what happens. There is no other industry where you would just see what happens with a business and expect to see the customers stick with it. Imagine an established band having a down turn in takings and moving to a new manager, with no experience, no contacts and the band all being happy to see where it goes and give it time. After 7 **** gigs the fans would be after their money back and the band reputation in tatters. Hence any business built on entertainment and return custom would trust and expect to be run by someone with the experience and knowledge to have the a good steady run setup.

Let's be honest with Brown especially you have the equivalent of a rock band playing m people songs with no lead singer 3 bass guitars and trumpet player on the drums standing in, but some fans saying if they keep playing it will sound alright hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Baldrick Brown has had his chance(s) and proved to be a duffer.

31 games now and a win ratio of less than 20%.

Get real Co leman will not leave Accrington to change me to Port Vale next to bottle m of Div 2.Why take such a gamble.

Norman has supposedly taken a back seat so it's up to his puppets Fradley and Garlick to do something about the situation.They havnt got the balls to sack Brown but if we lose again at Coventry on Saturday something needs to be done to get rid of Brown.His record shows he is not capable of turning it round or a change of luck.

Adkins and Cotterill are available and have the knowledge to get us out of this mess .

Have adkins and cotterill ever been relagated

Shrewsbury have thrown an awful lot of money at it in recent seasons. Nearly all the players they've signed have got long contracts.

Didn't they sign the ex-Aldershot centre half we were associated with, from Accrington last week, for a six figure sum?

They have a bigger budget, more money and more ambition than we do, not to mention a bit more cash owing to their new ground, expensively sponsored, extra from the Hart transfer and some good cup runs.

I agree with you that Hurst has done a great job, if it lasts.

Nothing changes my belief that we would have stayed up last year if say Forrester or Thomas had played more games or if we'd kept the likes of Grant, Alnwick & Jones.

It was very close and sadly we fell the wrong side of the line.

But it doesn't matter now. It's this year that we need to focus on.

I'm not necessarily a torch bearer for Brown. I was frustrated and annoyed when I saw his line-up last weekend but we can't keep changing managers all the time. 3 already in 18 months.

What irritates me a lot is that all the vitriol and criticism and anger on here now is aimed at the hapless Brown and not at the person who has effectively got us to where we are - the Chairman. He is the man who should be getting this stick for making a series of appallingly bad decisions some 18 months ago.

Shrewsbury have thrown an awful lot of money at it in recent seasons. Nearly all the players they've signed have got long contracts.

Didn't they sign the ex-Aldershot centre half we were associated with, from Accrington last week, for a six figure sum?

They have a bigger budget, more money and more ambition than we do, not to mention a bit more cash owing to their new ground, expensively sponsored, extra from the Hart transfer and some good cup runs.

Nothing changes my belief that we would have stayed up last year if say Forrester or Thomas had played more games or if we'd kept the likes of Grant, Alnwick & Jones.

I'm not necessarily a torch bearer for Brown. I was frustrated and annoyed when I saw his line-up last weekend but we can't keep changing managers all the time. 3 already in 18 months.

What irritates me a lot is that all the vitriol and criticism and anger on here now is aimed at the hapless Brown and not at the person who has effectively got us to where we are - the Chairman. He is the man who should be getting this stick for making a series of appallingly bad decisions some 18 months ago.

Spot on

Don't disagree with any criticism of NS but him being a buffoon shouldn't necessarily mean that Brown is cut any more slack than any manager. Most Chairmen are probably twats.

Vale fans seem to take the view that things are **** but they could be so much *******. Be grateful for what you've got and all that. Rather than perhaps looking upwards.

I'm certainly not holding my breath and if things don't improve in the short term then clearly changes will be made.

I have a feeling that Brown himself would readily walk before he was pushed but at the moment still has a strong belief that fortunes will change given a bit of time.

I'm as angry and as frustrated as the next man and I certainly won't be advocating the status quo if we're still in this position this time next month, though I fear that two very hard away games in the next seven days won't help Brown.

Archived