onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

It's incredibly hard to pass judgement on players to keep without knowing details of contracts. Usually there is some exploratory talks with agents to see if what's on offer is broadly acceptable.  Proctor may be on a low basic, with significant extra when he plays. Gibbons may have wanted a very high basic. For exactly the same contract Gibbo every time.  I suspect that wasn't the case.

Advert

14 hours ago, JRC said:

It's incredibly hard to pass judgement on players to keep without knowing details of contracts. Usually there is some exploratory talks with agents to see if what's on offer is broadly acceptable.  Proctor may be on a low basic, with significant extra when he plays. Gibbons may have wanted a very high basic. For exactly the same contract Gibbo every time.  I suspect that wasn't the case.

Proctor's health situation must have got unexpectedly worse. He looks fit enough to me now and I hope he stays next season. I think the 4 dedicated forwards we have are very competent at L1 level and change involves more risk. 

I've got one word on my mind. Goalkeeper.

I find it strange that the club are signing players for next season when there's no manager in place .
Be interesting see who else signs if another 3 or 4 do Crosby has been given the job .
Need height and strength and more throughout the squad foe me .
I'd be releasing a fair few not because they are not good players they are just not good enough to progress the Vale .
We need better for sure .
Some folks retained lists are huge mine be major small .
Release both goalkeepers .
Garrity keep and Pett midfield rest can go Ojo got a year left Conlon mutual agreement let him shine in league 2 it's his level .
Worrall to be given coach role at the club or another .
Let Proctor go smashing player but time to pursue his off field business.
Taylor if we can afford him a pre season where we get him at full tilt I'd keep him .
Politic keep I want see players who do stuff Benning keep I think Crosby can get a tune our of him and Politic down the left .
Butterworth keep .
The rest go apart from.Cass and Jones

I thought the same then realised regardless who is Manager whether it be Crosby (he may turn it down hinself yet) or someone else is they have to work with David Flitcroft as DoF. That system is set up and there. So DF has the right for signing them up.

On 24/04/2023 at 15:30, Playa Amodores said:

I agree his technical ability is above L1. I don’t think we should have given Proc a contract when citing injuries as the reason for releasing Gibbo. The Taylor transfer could have been tactical but he wasn’t playing for them and was injured. I don’t think Oxford saw it that way, no one would loan a player to another team that could have been involved in a relegation scrap. I look at Wilson as your dad having a Ferrari, that you aren’t allowed to drive, however when he goes on holiday you take it for a spin and then return it back to the garage.

Taylor was playing for Oxford, he got injured on the Saturday before he signed for us. Was only expected to be out for a short while but it did take longer for him to recover.

5 hours ago, Valiant in Brum said:
6 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:
I find it strange that the club are signing players for next season when there's no manager in place .
Be interesting see who else signs if another 3 or 4 do Crosby has been given the job .
Need height and strength and more throughout the squad foe me .
I'd be releasing a fair few not because they are not good players they are just not good enough to progress the Vale .
We need better for sure .
Some folks retained lists are huge mine be major small .
Release both goalkeepers .
Garrity keep and Pett midfield rest can go Ojo got a year left Conlon mutual agreement let him shine in league 2 it's his level .
Worrall to be given coach role at the club or another .
Let Proctor go smashing player but time to pursue his off field business.
Taylor if we can afford him a pre season where we get him at full tilt I'd keep him .
Politic keep I want see players who do stuff Benning keep I think Crosby can get a tune our of him and Politic down the left .
Butterworth keep .
The rest go apart from.Cass and Jones

I thought the same then realised regardless who is Manager whether it be Crosby (he may turn it down hinself yet) or someone else is they have to work with David Flitcroft as DoF. That system is set up and there. So DF has the right for signing them up.

Jones’s house is up for sale so is that an indication he will leave?

Archived