onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

Advert

13 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Yesterday was Woz's 30th start of the season. A little birdy told me that this triggered an extension clause in his current contract. Fingers crossed its true.

If true how come he said there was nothing on the table for him at Friday’s press conference?  Would have thought he knew the terms of his own contract and knew he would be playing yesterday to trigger the clause?

I thought that was what happened at the end of last season - an extension triggered when everyone thought he was out of contract?

11 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Stockton seems to of come to life again,so personally i would like to see us try and get him again(certainly over Taylor anyway)

If they get relegated we could raid them for Ripley and Crowley too.  Someone has mentioned Derek Adams as a managerial option as well but he strikes me as someone who wouldn’t work well with a DofF.  Weren’t they rumoured to be going out of business earlier in the season (same owners as Worcester Warriors RU who went bust)?

14 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

If we offered Woz anything I would guess it would be a 1 year deal only.

Therein lies the challenge with contracts because I’m sure he would want a 2 year deal for security… and he could probably get one if he dropped down a league.

There's no reason why we shouldn't offer him a two-year contract with the second being a player coach contract where he plays fewer games as we bring on his replacement.

I don't see how we have the resources to find a replacement of his calibre in this coming season nor should we be losing a player who's done more to keep us up in terms of assists and creative play than any other of the team, apart from Harrison whose goals have been invaluable. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2#/

Championship out of contract players, standouts that potentially wouldn't be out of reach for us (albeit none of us know how much the budget is being cut by):

Jordan Archer - Gk: not had a sniff at QPR in the last two seasons, so likely to be released. He's still a good age and had a good run of games for Millwall in his younger years.

Tom Sang - DM/RWB: doesn't get a huge amount of games for Cardiff, still young and can play a few positions. Could be our Robinson or Walker replacement all in one.

Luke Garbutt - LB/LWB: hasn't played a lot in the championship for newly relegated Blackpool, but has had successful spells at this level with Blackpool, Ipswich and Oxford in the past.

Tyler Walker - ST: probably the most unlikely wages wise, but you never know .

Edit - Google says Tom Sang has just signed a new deal so scrap him!

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2#/

Championship out of contract players, standouts that potentially wouldn't be out of reach for us (albeit none of us know how much the budget is being cut by):

Jordan Archer - Gk: not had a sniff at QPR in the last two seasons, so likely to be released. His still a good age and had a good run of games for Millwall in his younger years.

Tom Sang - DM/RWB: doesn't get a huge amount of games for Cardiff, still young and can play a few positions. Could be our Robinson or Walker replacement all in one.

Luke Garbutt - LB/LWB: hasn't played a lot in the championship for newly relegated Blackpool, but has had successful spells at this level with Blackpool, Ipswich and Oxford in the past.

Tyler Walker - ST: probably the most unlikely wages wise, but you never know emoji16.png.

Edit - Google says Tom Sang has just signed a new deal so scrap him!

Good shout for goalkeeper. 

Be interesting to see where Blackman ends up at Exeter. Can't help but thinking he was very presumptuous only wanting a one year deal because he's Championship bound. That was the rumour anyway why he didn't come here. 

53 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Good shout for goalkeeper. 

Be interesting to see where Blackman ends up at Exeter. Can't help but thinking he was very presumptuous only wanting a one year deal because he's Championship bound. That was the rumour anyway why he didn't come here. 

A bit injury prone as well! Maybe we were lucky not to get him! 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:
23 hours ago, Oggydoggy said:
Stone is 23 give the lad a chance 

We've given him a chance this season and he's statistically the worst keeper in the league for shots saved ratio.

Exactly. 

Whilst I understand keepers mature with age the Bolton loanee Trafford is only 20 and he's been excellent for them. 

16 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly. 

Whilst I understand keepers mature with age the Bolton loanee Trafford is only 20 and he's been excellent for them. 

England U21 keeper on loan from Man City. My guess is, he's on more than Stone and Stevens put together! Sometimes, you actually get what you pay for. Who knew... 

11 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

England U21 keeper on loan from Man City. My guess is, he's on more than Stone and Stevens put together! Sometimes, you actually get what you pay for. Who knew... 

The point I was making is age shouldn't come into it. 23 is plenty enough for Stone to be useful. 

As a footnote Robinson was at Man City 😒 

Archived