onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

I would be looking at:

Goal keeper - Hladky still not getting a look in at Ipswich maybe now available? If not the Morecambe keeper Ripley would be decent, keep Stone as your number 2, job done.

Centre Half - A 6ft 2 aerial presence with experience is needed, someone to give us that defensive height we need and experience. I rattled on about signing Piergianni all last summer, he won promotion and is the type of player we need, maybe not easy with Stevenage coming up but someone of that no-nonsence ilk, let Dan Jones and Forrester do the football bit but someone to do the basic defending.

Right Back/RWB - Mitch Clarke maybe?

Left Back/LWB - Greg Leigh out of favour at Ipswich, North West based and played at Crewe maybe a decent option, keep Sir Mal as back up.

Striker - Cole Stockton if Morecambe go down should be achievable and looks back in form, a decent option to replace Wilson if he goes and likely get more games out of him, maybe look to sign Matty Taylor and with Ellis and a younger fox in the box loan striker that would be a decent strike force.

Advert

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I would be looking at:

Goal keeper - Hladky still not getting a look in at Ipswich maybe now available? If not the Morecambe keeper Ripley would be decent, keep Stone as your number 2, job done.

Centre Half - A 6ft 2 aerial presence with experience is needed, someone to give us that defensive height we need and experience. I rattled on about signing Piergianni all last summer, he won promotion and is the type of player we need, maybe not easy with Stevenage coming up but someone of that no-nonsence ilk, let Dan Jones and Forrester do the football bit but someone to do the basic defending.

Right Back/RWB - Mitch Clarke maybe?

Left Back/LWB - Greg Leigh out of favour at Ipswich, North West based and played at Crewe maybe a decent option, keep Sir Mal as back up.

Striker - Cole Stockton if Morecambe go down should be achievable and looks back in form, a decent option to replace Wilson if he goes and likely get more games out of him, maybe look to sign Matty Taylor and with Ellis and a younger fox in the box loan striker that would be a decent strike force.

Some good suggestions but surely Taylor a big no go.

Possibly zero chance but I'd be tempted go in for Simpson at Huddersfield on season loan. Think he's barely featured. A right unit and unpredictable in an Uche way.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Some good suggestions but surely Taylor a big no go.

Possibly zero chance but I'd be tempted go in for Simpson at Huddersfield on season loan. Think he's barely featured. A right unit and unpredictable in an Uche way.

I would love Simpson!

Taylor I would be tempted if the price is right! he's got 4 or 5 goals in less than half a season so should be good over a full season for 10-15.

As we'll be getting a new manager there are 2 options.  Start recruitment with a plan to get a manager who prefers to plat a certain way. Get a manager, recruit how the manager wants to play and risk losing players due to the delay. Realistically we are going to play 4 3 3 or 3 5 2 next season because hardly anyone plays a conventional 4 4 2. 

In terms of recruitment the left side is clearly a priority.  We need slightly different types of players. 4 3 2 we need a more conventional leftback and a left sided attacker who can also get inside and make a second centreforward.  3 5 2 we need a wingback and at least one left sided centrehalf. Whichever way we go left sided players are at a premium. There are very few left sided players who have impressed me this year. The lad at Charlton was good, after that I'm stumped.

If they are considering keeping Worrall I'd have a look at him at left wingback on Sunday and play Plant on the right. Watching Plant I think he has all the attributes to play wingback,  possibly more than on the right of a front 3. If Worrall stays as more of a squad player we probably need him to cover both sides. Personally I'd rather keep Worrall as a squad player than Benning; he has played a little on the left, in centre midfield and as a 10 in his career. He offers a lot more options.

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

From the relegated clubs ( or potentially relegated) I'd consider the following 

GK Ripley .

Midfield Hamilton Crowley 

Striker Stockton 

At Morecambe there's also Liam Gibson (leftback, left sided centrehalf and midfield player, though not a wingback) and Pape Souare has done well as left wingback since they signed him in March (though not young).

Joe Pritchard at Accrington is a decent 10. Rosaries Longelo has had an OK first full season and can play anywhere on the left and Clark is out of contract.

At Cambridge Sam Smith scores goals but will go to a bigger club. Lloyd Jones is a very solid centrehalf. 

3 hours ago, JRC said:

At Morecambe there's also Liam Gibson (leftback, left sided centrehalf and midfield player, though not a wingback) and Pape Souare has done well as left wingback since they signed him in March (though not young).

Joe Pritchard at Accrington is a decent 10. Rosaries Longelo has had an OK first full season and can play anywhere on the left and Clark is out of contract.

At Cambridge Sam Smith scores goals but will go to a bigger club. Lloyd Jones is a very solid centrehalf. 

Good place to look for decent recruits and by the nature of the teams that are looking likely to go down surely cant be on wages that are beyond our budget.

Remember Huddersfield loanee Mustapha Olagunju from the 2020-21 season? Sadly he sustained a major knee injury in July 2021 and spent 20 months in recovery, so he has not played a first-team game in two seasons.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Bloke in hamil Road oatcakes told me two new players in the pipeline. 

A winger called Conner Cross .

And a Korean utility player called Win one Soon. 

You heard it hear first. 

You Pillock  😍😍😍 I must be getting slow; had to read that three times before the penny dropped 👏👏👏👏👏👏

I kept thinking Conner Cross; Conner Cross, never heard of him 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived