onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

Advert

Not bothered that they have signed Smith and Plant they both deserving of there new deals on seasons showings .
You going on about Smith like he is Maldini avoiding relegation in league 1 and been the best of a very average group is not going get the majority of followers /supporters excited about where our clubs heading .
Get real we have lacked strength and physique all season in both boxes
A decent first half performance v Bristol Rovers does not paper over that since Xmas we have been a very poor watch that includes Smith you now as he is the only one selected every game ,credit to him for that but how do we know moving forwards that he will just be a bit part of our team because for me there's no doubt about it bottom half of league is the best we can achieve with the defenders we have now .
What is it -20 .
The proofs in the pudding not everyone's a fan most of then who don't rate him are not on here
Show me where I said Smith is like Maldini.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, Vale 1971 said:

Not bothered that they have signed Smith and Plant they both deserving of there new deals on seasons showings .
You going on about Smith like he is Maldini avoiding relegation in league 1 and been the best of a very average group is not going get the majority of followers /supporters excited about where our clubs heading .
A decent first half performance v Bristol Rovers does not paper over that since Xmas we have been a very poor watch that includes Smith you now as he is the only one selected every game ,credit to him for that but how do we know moving forwards that he will just be a bit part of our team because for me there's no doubt about it bottom half of league is the best we can achieve with the defenders we have now .
What is it -20 .
The proofs in the pudding not everyone's a fan most of then who don't rate him are not on here

So who is your pick for Player of of the Year?

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

What is it -20 .

VFIA / breadwinner in full Smith out mode again. 

19 hours ago, DazFred said:

No it's a sign that he wants to sell his house

I'm wondering how footballers at L1 level ever buy a house. It could be the Landlord / Landlady is selling it. If the average footballer's contract is 2-3 years and average career span 8 years, how can they provide surety over mortgage repayments? 

18 hours ago, Warren said:

Smith works really hard and can be a good L1 player into his mid 30s. I'm not blaming him for our negative goals against this season. 

There are 2 clear reasons for our negative goals and low position. 

1. Only 2 teams above us have conceded more than us.

2. Only 2 teams above us have scored less than us.

We do need a significant turn around in all positions. We also need more depth. We struggle when our better players are injured (and some are too often) because some of our squad players are woefully inconsistent. With some of the loan players this season I do wonder what percentage of wages we have paid. If it's significant there are journeymen league 2 players we could have padded the squad with and at least competed physically. Particularly the 2 left sided players were out of their depth and whatever we paid wasn't worth it. Plant played left side of midfield whilst on loan, McDermott has played as a left wingback at times in the youth team and friendly games and is left footed. Neither would have done worse. 

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

There are 2 clear reasons for our negative goals and low position. 

1. Only 2 teams above us have conceded more than us.

2. Only 2 teams above us have scored less than us.

We do need a significant turn around in all positions. We also need more depth. We struggle when our better players are injured (and some are too often) because some of our squad players are woefully inconsistent. With some of the loan players this season I do wonder what percentage of wages we have paid. If it's significant there are journeymen league 2 players we could have padded the squad with and at least competed physically. Particularly the 2 left sided players were out of their depth and whatever we paid wasn't worth it. Plant played left side of midfield whilst on loan, McDermott has played as a left wingback at times in the youth team and friendly games and is left footed. Neither would have done worse. 

The loss of Hall who wanted to move and the injury to Jones left our defence short. They were providing physicality at the back. Donnelly will have a good career but he's been learning on our time. Forrester has improved and should be a good acquisition next season. The defence has been a problem, but within the context of a whole of team problem in the second half of the season. When our whole attack is out injured, our formation leaving us exposed at left wing back and then our key midfield players have been injured. I've not been happy with our formation because if we haven't got a left wing back as good as Worrall on the right we should not be playing it. 

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'm wondering how footballers at L1 level ever buy a house. It could be the Landlord / Landlady is selling it. If the average footballer's contract is 2-3 years and average career span 8 years, how can they provide surety over mortgage repayments? 

A load of players used to live on Wychwood Park without playing for Vale, Crewe or Stoke. Easy access to the M6 and A50 makes it pretty easy to commute to a lot of clubs. Signing on fees add up pretty quickly and on 2 grand a week you can overpay on a mortgage. Ronnie Jepson moved clubs so regularly to make enough to finish his career mortgage free and he didn't turn pro until 26. Provided a player isn't profligate or stupid in the size of house an established league one player should be able to pay off a 250k house in 8 - 9 years.

14 minutes ago, Warren said:

The loss of Hall who wanted to move and the injury to Jones left our defence short. They were providing physicality at the back. Donnelly will have a good career but he's been learning on our time. Forrester has improved and should be a good acquisition next season. The defence has been a problem, but within the context of a whole of team problem in the second half of the season. When our whole attack is out injured, our formation leaving us exposed at left wing back and then our key midfield players have been injured. I've not been happy with our formation because if we haven't got a left wing back as good as Worrall on the right we should not be playing it. 

I tend to agree we've probably been worse going forwards than at the back overall.  Also losing Hall and Jones has left us more exposed. However, we did concede 35 of 65 goals in the first 23 games; when both were here. Clarke did tend to throw caution to the wind relatively early in games when losing 1 - 0, which perhaps gained a few more points at the expense of some bigger losses.

On 23/04/2023 at 12:25, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Butterworth not sure on his status at all, although I believe he wasn't allocated a squad number by Blackburn at the start of the season whereas other youth lads his age they brought through were. 

I'm pretty sure Butterworth is out of contract in the summer. This appears to be his last deal and as he's been nowhere near the Rovers squad I doubt they will offer him a new deal.

WWW.ROVERS.CO.UK

I'm pretty sure Butterworth is out of contract in the summer. This appears to be his last deal and as he's been nowhere near the Rovers squad I doubt they will offer him a new deal.
f779da90-88ad-11eb-8191-ef90308d30af.jpg WWW.ROVERS.CO.UK  
I assumed Butters was a signing prospect when he came. He has done sufficient without building a lot of interest from other clubs. Politic would also be in that category, but all the others were here for experience or fill-ins.

Archived