onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

I’ve noticed that Sam Smith at Cambridge United would be available this summer. He’s had two good seasons in L1 with Cambridge reaching double figures. He’s not done much previously but it’s not a bad return in a struggling side. According to bbc sport he’s played 42 games this season, so it doesn’t look like fitness will be an issue and only 25 years old.

We can name all the targets on OVF, so adios senor Flitcroft.

Advert

35 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’ve noticed that Sam Smith at Cambridge United would be available this summer. He’s had two good seasons in L1 with Cambridge reaching double figures. He’s not done much previously but it’s not a bad return in a struggling side. According to bbc sport he’s played 42 games this season, so it doesn’t look like fitness will be an issue and only 25 years old.

We can name all the targets on OVF, so adios senor Flitcroft.

I saw that he scored again today as I was nervously following the scores and thought that he might do us a job. In the same way Stockton grabbed a couple today so I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up.

Sam Smith would be a great signing. My guess is Derby and Portsmouth will think the same. Whether Cambridge stay up or not he won't be there next season. Rumour at Crewe is Long has indicated he's leaving to go back to league 1. Very good player but injuries have been a big issue. 

Bishop gets mentioned on here quite a lot, which surprises me considering we put 9 goals past him last season (including the 2 disallowed in the POF) and in none of the 3 games did he look particularly outstanding. Is it the Man Utd thing?

A CB who can head the ball out(Legge- like but younger and quicker)

A GK to improve Stone who will have someone to challenge him

A LWB but not like the fiasco of this season

Two fit 10-15 goals a season forwards(like everyone wants!)

If the team plays like it did yesterday then there isn't too much to change. Massey and Ojo played like they can and they would be fine if they performed like that each week. I keep being told Ojo is our best MF but he's only started 23 games.

How do we sell the club to potential signings now Clarke has gone?

The injury situation needs looking at...Cass,Wilson,Jones. Even Ellis and Garrity have been injured. The loan recruitment was nothing short of embarrassingly bad and needs addressing.

How the team performed at Ipswich(with a bare bones squad) and yesterday (with a calm approach and only 35% possession),shows how they can produce differing yet capable efforts.

It was alarming to hear the lame excuses from our owner of not expecting to get promoted and the Robbie Williams concert.  

I hope we don't have a mass in and out process but the players need to take a long hard look at themselves as to why they performed so well up to Xmas and then appeared not to be bothered, especially in home games.

2 Gks

One LCB (2 if they release Jones)

One tall centre back to cover Smith (two if he goes)

One RWB (two if Woz goes aswell as Robinson)

2 Lwbs assuming Bennings a gonner

2 cms (one to cover garrity and a proper bruising defensive mid)

2 St's (replacement in the same mould as Proc, cover for willow.)

The above assumes the players I'd like to release and keep are released the truth may be very different. Regardless this is going to be a huge summer for us to make sure we aren't clinging to league one at this time next season.

Archived