onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

Advert

At the right price Butterworth would be a good free signing in the squad .Think he has loads of potential but he has an awful lot of learning to do without the the ball.

Despite the clear change in effort still feel we need an overhaul of the squad.

Keep: Stone, Cass,Forrester, Smith, Jones, Garrity, Ojo, Harrison, Wilson 

The rest I’d return to patent clubs and release…..and yes a few favourites to leave.

Basis of a good team but 6 positions GK,CB,CM,WB’s,ST to be upgraded for us to make a leap in year 2 

We badly need to add height and strength to the side as we are too weak in most games, 

I’d keep Stone(Backuo), Cass, Smith, Forrester, Jones, Pett, Garrity, Ojo, Worrall, Wilson, Harrison

I think 1 of Butterworth or Politic may be worth taking a chance on if we think they will get more game time going forward, both have ability to be match winners in a good side

Sign a Gk, Rb, Lb, Cbx2, Cmx2, Cfx3

That would give us 20-22 players plus youngsters like Plant, McDermott to boost the squad

My big concern for this summer is the budget,we know it was cut in January(hopefully to save some for summer),we have struggled since the budget was reduced so if it was to be cut further then i dread to think what will happen.... we have to hope that lesson has been learnt 

IF Stockton was a target then you would think he will still be on the radar even with DC leaving

My big concern for this summer is the budget,we know it was cut in January(hopefully to save some for summer),we have struggled since the budget was reduced so if it was to be cut further then i dread to think what will happen.... we have to hope that lesson has been learnt 
IF Stockton was a target then you would think he will still be on the radar even with DC leaving
100% my biggest concerned. Our DoF has proven himself handy when money's available and we're a big draw. Once the budget reduced and we're not the big fish he's produced 75% dross.

Hopefully enough are released to give us a competitive, small squad. Carole said in her interview "we did too much in summer". If that's how she feels about most of them players then god knows what this summers gonna be like.

Mitch Clark is out of contract at Accrington.  Been one of their best players this season.  Can play left, right wingback/fullback,  in a back 3 or midfield. Excellent for us in his first loan, something went badly wrong in the second (although something went wrong at home I believe).

5 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Butterworth and Politic are two I'd actually try and keep. Both young enough to get better and can score goals. Not saying I'd break the bank for either but good squad players at least for this level particularly Butterworth.

I'd take Dan Crowley who has been instrumental in Morecambe having a realistic chance of staying up over either of them. He was a very good signing for them but only signed a contract until June. 

Butterworth is 24 at the start of next season.  I think he's out of contract and will be released. By his age you would hope he'd be a little more than a squad player. Not against us offering him something but probably a lot less than he's been on. Politic is 23 and has looked overweight and unfit this season. For the odd moment of magic there are many more of anonymity.  If he was a couple of years younger it would be different but I suspect he'll always be an unfulfilled talent. 

4 minutes ago, JRC said:

I'd take Dan Crowley who has been instrumental in Morecambe having a realistic chance of staying up over either of them. He was a very good signing for them but only signed a contract until June. 

Butterworth is 24 at the start of next season.  I think he's out of contract and will be released. By his age you would hope he'd be a little more than a squad player. Not against us offering him something but probably a lot less than he's been on. Politic is 23 and has looked overweight and unfit this season. For the odd moment of magic there are many more of anonymity.  If he was a couple of years younger it would be different but I suspect he'll always be an unfulfilled talent. 

Don't see how we can judge Politic on largely sub appearances? He was the best player on the pitch at Shrewsbury yet barely featured since which is totally wrong in a side struggling for a win imo. I don't think the formation Clarke kept persisting with helped his chances and he should have played a lot more on ability alone, in turn which would then help with fitness.

Hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip this season.

Obviously it depends whoever is manager whether they fancy him I guess. 

11 hours ago, JRC said:

Dan Crowley seems a good shout and for me we need at least another similar skillful midfield player.

6 hours ago, Warren said:

He's behind Ellis Harrison in appearances but well ahead of Proctor. Despite having an injured striker in Proctor we then signed Taylor who was injured. I guess that at least harmed Oxford. 

The stats say Wilson has been involved in 24 games. About half. Good performance in terms of forward appearances is Ellis Harrison on 33. 

Taking an objective perspective it depends on contract, wages, appearances, who could come in and replace. It's fair to say he has not scored / assisted prolifically this season. But clearly his technical ability is high for a L1 player. 

I thought he was involved in some rough tackling on Saturday which could lead to injury. Ellis Harrison also went off injured with muscle or ligament issues. 

I agree his technical ability is above L1. I don’t think we should have given Proc a contract when citing injuries as the reason for releasing Gibbo. The Taylor transfer could have been tactical but he wasn’t playing for them and was injured. I don’t think Oxford saw it that way, no one would loan a player to another team that could have been involved in a relegation scrap. I look at Wilson as your dad having a Ferrari, that you aren’t allowed to drive, however when he goes on holiday you take it for a spin and then return it back to the garage.

Archived