onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

On 19/02/2023 at 20:12, Playa Amodores said:

As a retained list has been started, I’d thought this should run alongside it. Obviously we don’t know details of players at other clubs but being realistic, who would you like the club to bring in to replace those going out.

Would anyone want Charlie Kirk currently on loan at Burton from Charlton. I know Vale fans have given him lots of grief when he was at Crewe but could he replace Mal Benning if we decide to replace him. We forgave Tommy Widdringtin and what he did when playing for Southampton was bordering on GBH. Also Kirk is a local lad.

Maybe they could merge both threads now and perhaps change the title if they do for Rumours etc as well.

I would love to see us make a move for Alfie May in the summer, out of contract but i think a few mid table teams will be interested in him

Advert

On 20/02/2023 at 07:58, Walka003 said:

Gabriel Sutton on twitter has said that Sean Raggett would be perfect for us. 29 centre half for Pompey who's likely to get mutually terminated as the new manager isn't keen. Highlights him as brilliant in the air which is something we've struggled with.

Have to see I think we are setting our sites to high there,there will be no chance with our budget and wage structure sadly

I do think that if he didn't cost much Donnelly is worth a punt,there is certainly something there with him and he could get better,maybe even another 12mth loan

Have to see I think we are setting our sites to high there,there will be no chance with our budget and wage structure sadly
I do think that if he didn't cost much Donnelly is worth a punt,there is certainly something there with him and he could get better,maybe even another 12mth loan
Pretty sure Donnelly has only just signed a new deal at Forrest. If its another loan we need to be setting our sights on a much better player imo. If he came in permenant they I'd also like us to sign another player he can learn off

On 20/02/2023 at 08:21, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I think we can all see a decent CB or 2 for this level are a must if we're to compete any better than we are consistently(and keeping the forwards fit!!).  Closely followed by a LB/LWB.  Then a GK(permanent) and an experienced CM.

I'd try and sign Taylor and Butterworth(young and good potential) permanently.  Politic I can't quite make my mind up, I'm a big fan on ability but I get why some aren't keen, he is a threat and can score goals(which are obviously useful) but is also anonymous in some games.  If we could agree a good deal for the club(he's ooc at Cremonese I believe) but if his agent is being a prat again then wouldn't push the boat out too much.

Politic is a strange one,we know on his day he can be unplayable but he hasn't really had a set run of games,maybe Crosby can bring the best out of him who knows

Butterworth is the kind of player i really like,again maybe the best is yet to come but it's if we can afford him

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Whilst I agree with you that we’re probably setting the bar quite high, I don’t see that there is anything wrong with that. Setting the bar too high we know will lead to disappointment but if we only get one or possibly two decent players, surely that’s better than the last transfer windows. We won’t be able to compete with a few teams for cash reasons but I’m not looking at achieving promotion next year, just consistency and offering fans value for money, by performances on the pitch. In fact where I and many others have seen us in the past, I’d be satisfied five years or even more in L1. TBH I must admit I’m probably still intoxicated  with the result/performance yesterday and the relief that it has brought.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I’ve been critical of Donnelly but have to say he’s looked much better alongside Mal Benning, an experienced natural left sided defender.  Fair play to the guy, he’s had a tough baptism coming in to our side these past few months.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Will we be back in for Stockton this summer? Particularly with Morecambe going down?

The difference between his thunderbastard first goal and then the sitter he missed shortly afterwards is unreal

Whether or not we’re back in for him it’s a certainty we’ll be sniffing around the likes of FGR, Morecambe, Accy and the like who, despite relegation, will all have the odd decent players in their squads…..Don’t ask me to name any though. 😬

In terms of potential signings I'd hope would be realistic from relegated teams or L2:

Connor Ripley
Noah Chilvers
Junior Tchamadeau
Dan Crowley
Aaron Pressley
Tommy Leigh
Udoka Godwin-Malife
Jensen Weir
Ethan Bristow (if they don't go up)
Jack Armer (if they dont go up)
Luke Armstrong

That's before we know who teams in our league/the championship are releasing.

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Politic is a strange one,we know on his day he can be unplayable but he hasn't really had a set run of games,maybe Crosby can bring the best out of him who knows

Butterworth is the kind of player i really like,again maybe the best is yet to come but it's if we can afford him

Butterworth and Politic are two I'd actually try and keep. Both young enough to get better and can score goals. Not saying I'd break the bank for either but good squad players at least for this level particularly Butterworth.

Butterworth and Politic are two I'd actually try and keep. Both young enough to get better and can score goals. Not saying I'd break the bank for either but good squad players at least for this level particularly Butterworth.
Both out of contract?

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
12 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Both out of contract?

Politic is as I think Cremonese signed him on 18 months last January? Butterworth not sure on his status at all, although I believe he wasn't allocated a squad number by Blackburn at the start of the season whereas other youth lads his age they brought through were. 

Like I say wouldn't pay over the odds for either but I think both are young enough to improve and in some ways would rather have them in the Vale side than against it.

Archived