onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

1 hour ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Weigh up the pros and cons to Worrall

For me, there are no cons. Yes he's 32, but he's every bit as fit as any of the younger lads.

If you're looking to tighten up the purse strings, you certainly don't start with Worrall, your most experienced, versatile and consistent player over the last however many years.

He’s said previously his running stats in training and in games are top 3. If that’s true then age shouldn’t factor in.

Advert

We'd be daft to lose Wozza. Consistently performs,our outlet ball is usually to him,he can beat a man,can cross long or short etc etc. There's no one at the club in his position better than him and we would have to push the boat out to get someone into the club better than him too. Took Tommy McD under his belt and I'd expect this to continue if he stayed. 

Crosby as manager = 5+ players who would probably not be offered anything by DC hanging around, and Woz is likely one of them. I’d expect Garrity to stay whoever is in charge, but Pett, Woz, maybe Benning, Wilson, and others will likely signal the type of squad continuation that means top 10 will be fanciful and above 15th will be a realistic target.

3 hours ago, 1 said:

Crosby as manager = 5+ players who would probably not be offered anything by DC hanging around, and Woz is likely one of them. I’d expect Garrity to stay whoever is in charge, but Pett, Woz, maybe Benning, Wilson, and others will likely signal the type of squad continuation that means top 10 will be fanciful and above 15th will be a realistic target.

Not sure DC leaving will have much impact in Worrall's case. I strongly suspect he'll be offered something and would have been if Clarke had stayed.

12 hours ago, 1 said:

Benning can't defend to save his life! We saw this again today. Wilson, however much I love watching him play, I'm really really undecided about. I know he's the most frustrated out of all of us, but this season has been a horror show injury wise. And it's all very good and well having such a gifted player in our squad. But if the only one that sees him on a regular basis is the physio, can we really afford that?

Obviously I wouldn’t have any of them but I’m not the one who’ll be looking to have comforting continuation nursing me into my first crack at permanent management.

New manager, new staff, 2/3rds new players.

Without a new core we’ll be down the bottom with Stevenage, Burton and Cheltenham et al.

Whilst massively relieved that there have been 4 clubs worse than us I don't think there will be next season.

It's said how you finish a season you start the next in a similar vein.

We have to find out how Fleetwood have gone from being almost relegated to comfortable mid table the next, and copy them.

We won't have any money to buy success as its clear we have overspent this season.  Combine that with a probable drop in ST sales and I fear for us.

For me it's time to talk to Cole Stockton, or similar.

13 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Whilst massively relieved that there have been 4 clubs worse than us I don't think there will be next season.

It's said how you finish a season you start the next in a similar vein.

We have to find out how Fleetwood have gone from being almost relegated to comfortable mid table the next, and copy them.

We won't have any money to buy success as its clear we have overspent this season.  Combine that with a probable drop in ST sales and I fear for us.

For me it's time to talk to Cole Stockton, or similar.

I assume Fleetwood are well used to L1 after 7 or 8 seasons so should be a good source of how to live in L1, I suppose a bit of brass helps.

9 hours ago, andy jones said:

We won't have any money to buy success as it’s clear we have overspent this season.  Combine that with a probable drop in ST sales and I fear for us.

For Fleetwood see your second point. £24m owed to related group companies. 

Archived