onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

8 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

He just picked completely the wrong team.

Don't think it was a mentality issue, just having zero pace resulting in their back three standing 20 yards into our half as there was absolute no threat in behind. Every time we got the ball back, they pressed very quickly and we went long to the lack of outlet - and this repeated till Cass tumbled and they scored. Starting Wilson is a complete mystery to me.

As soon as pace came on, we looked the better side and could have scored. 

Crosby will makes mistakes - despite his experience in the game, he's still a relatively newbie at making the big calls. Hope he learns from this one.

The game has gone and we are were we are which overall is a great start to the season.

Yes it was a strange decision seeing players like James Wilson played out of position and consequently it created an overload down the flanks.

And yes we gave them too much respect 

The staff are allowed an off day but the constant moaning and criticism of players on here is ridiculous. 

It's never constructive and always in favour of our home grown players who can do no wrong 

They are all in this together and together is how they have achieved success. 

Is 3 losses really that bad a start given our budget?

Advert

13 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Game done and dusted now onto the next but one thing that dissapointed me yesterday was the booing of Forrester. The lad left those down the road to sign for us that takes some b#lls and he gets booed. Poor from us.

Same brain dead idiots that will probably boo DC when he returns with Cheltenham.

27 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Why is that right hand section off sale? Put that on sale and make it the singing section as it’s close to the railway lads I say. 

Yes I find it odd how we’ve set it up so they’re further from the railway. If we’re going to have blocks not in use, it should be the one nearest Lorne st. 

I think they should also change it so instead of having two upper halves as the singing section, they have it as one upper and lower block together. That way there’s less confusion and if you go in there and sit down it’s your own fault.

17 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Game done and dusted now onto the next but one thing that dissapointed me yesterday was the booing of Forrester. The lad left those down the road to sign for us that takes some b#lls and he gets booed. Poor from us.

Agreed it’s dumb. I’ve never understood the booing of former players, except if they left on bad terms. Which forrester didn’t.

We looked far better when Massey came on in replacement of the ineffective Wilson. It`s about time he was given some credit as he has improved in that position up front. A couple of times he and Garrity took up great positions but the midfielders didn`t find them. Like the look of Debrah and I thought Balmer looked good.

I expect Crosby would have liked Chislett, Clark and Loft to feature but they were unavailable. He put out what he thought was his best starting 11 of the players available to him. He made changes when it was clear that it wasn't working but maybe the players who came on weren't fit enough to start. 

5 minutes ago, rsb said:

Why is Cass  getting stick for the goal it was ojo losing the ball on the half way line that set the goal up for them but nothing said about it just cass slip 

Whichever way you look at it, their striker shouldn’t be able to pick up the ball on half way and have the ball in the back of our net 10 seconds later, especially with us playing 3 CB’s. Just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, rsb said:

Why is Cass  getting stick for the goal it was ojo losing the ball on the half way line that set the goal up for them but nothing said about it just cass slip 

You’re right, I think Funso stopped initially believing he’d been fouled. Did LFC fans get on Gerard’s back when he slipped allowing Ba to score and costing them the EPL title.?

3 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

All the ones who stand on the hamil and that includes me should all sit down and not make a sound at the next home game and see what the atmospheres like then 

You can sit and make a noise, as plenty did on Saturday, and have for the previous 30 odd years.  When the Bycars was first redeveloped most fans sat down for the majority of any game and there was a great atmosphere.  Nothing has changed apart from a desire across football to return to standing.  One final note, there’ve been too many occasions when there is an awkward hush around VP over the last few seasons and that hasn’t changed despite many fans standing up.

The dilemma we have is that even with a fully fit squad, which we lacked yesterday, we can’t play with the intensity of that second half for a full 90.  From memory most games we’ve finished strongly, as we did yesterday, but the first half tactics yesterday were probably the trade off, which on this occasion cost us.  I also think our lack of a forward with good grading ability restricts us.  It’s all well and good playing nice football but sometimes, against a packed defence, you need to put the ball into the mixer.  Massey was effective yesterday because he offers that more than Wilson, plus he’s a bit stronger and more mobile.  Horses for courses.

Archived