onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

Advert

20 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

No idea what you watched back today but it was surely not the Ojo incident from yesterdays game that you are talking about.

First of, he's not got control of the ball at all. Their is only 1 defender around him, not 3 which you mention, in which Ojo turns straight into that defender. He then easily gets out muscled. Nothing wrong with it at all and I reckon 99 times out 100 a ref would play on

I was watching this incident, which was the one just before the goal. One making the tackle, one just a little further back and the player closing in to Ojo's left who prevented him moving the ball infield. That makes 3.

Screenshot_20231002_190722_YouTube.jpg

1 hour ago, JRC said:

I was watching this incident, which was the one just before the goal. One making the tackle, one just a little further back and the player closing in to Ojo's left who prevented him moving the ball infield. That makes 3.

Screenshot_20231002_190722_YouTube.jpg

When the defender wins the ball fairly from Ojo, their are no other players really need to me. In the still you have here, a second player is moving towards the ball after Ojo's lost it. By saying that their is 3 players on him, you might also say that every player in that picture is defending against him.

Its just Ojo and the player that wins the ball off him

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

No chance is there.  If that's a foul the games finished. He knew he'd lost the ball fairly from his body language. 

Totally agree with you . 

The only officials that would have given that would have been the ones from the Tottenham v Liverpool game via VAR.

The game's gone if they are given it

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I see that Bolton have lost a legend today in the passing of Francis Lee. RIP

RIP The Chinaman. (Lee - One Pen)

One of my favourite bits of football commentary was when Lee scored for Derby against his old club City, prompting the classic Barry Davies line "Look at his face, JUST LOOK at his face!"

15 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

One of my favourite bits of football commentary was when Lee scored for Derby against his old club City, prompting the classic Barry Davies line "Look at his face, JUST LOOK at his face!"

I remember that so well...

52 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Always mine too youth. The thing is, you can't say it without having.a smile on your face yourself. Absolute classic goal and commentary to match.   Also loved is punch up with "Bites yer legs" Norman

RIP Francis Lee- Man City Derby and Englad.

44 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Always mine too youth. The thing is, you can't say it without having.a smile on your face yourself. Absolute classic goal and commentary to match.   Also loved is punch up with "Bites yer legs" Norman

RIP Francis Lee- Man City Derby and Englad.

totally agree and that punch up was that good it deserves to be shown again. so......... Hope its ok to put this on Rob.

17 hours ago, barny61 said:

totally agree and that punch up was that good it deserves to be shown again. so......... Hope its ok to put this on Rob.

I attended a gents evening where Norman, Tommy Smith and Nobby were the guest speakers. Obviously in those days you never knew why events had occurred and the only domestic game live on the television was the FA Cup. He said that FL had a knack of dragging his right foot into the back of his own left heel, going to ground and the refs were awarding DCFC penalties. In the dressing room at HT Don Revie had given them all a good talking to playing down the situation,telling them the eyes of the nation were on, they weren’t a very popular team outside W. Yorkshire and that he didn’t want any retribution dished out. Norman told us that whilst this speech was being delivered he was sitting next to Bremner who was saying to him, what a fool, FL had made Norman look on national TV as it was the main game on MOTD that evening and that he wouldn’t let him get away with it. 

On 30/09/2023 at 21:56, smithie said:

I'm guessing it's too late now to have a dedicated singing (and implicitly, standing) block in the Hamil. We need one because at the moment everyone is spread out and everything's a bit disjointed.

The beauty of the corner of the Paddock was it was pretty much the same people every home game and it was accepted that it was the place to go for singing and standing. in the Hamil it's 50/50 whether you're amongst singers & standers or statues.

All you’d need is unreserved seating. Those who want to stand and sing will gather together and those who don’t will go to sit on the periphery.

Archived