onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

Advert

11 minutes ago, chickensteve said:
2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:
Firstly, I think the “Stand up, if you love the Vale” is a bloody stupid song and is what you might expect 10 year olds to start!!
I thought the atmosphere in the Hamil ( I was in there) was good 2nd half, yes first half not so much but that was down to the pattern of the game. Be interested to hear what anyone in Lorne St, Railway or even Bycars thought.
I thought Bolton fans backed their side brilliantly tbf, and the applause for Harry Poole tremendous. I thought it was also good that lots of Vale fans booed after a couple of not-so bright sparks tried to get the “w*nky Wanderers” chant going. I mean, really???
I can’t even believe there’s a debate around whether the switch to the Hamil has been a good thing if I’m honest.

Sitting in the lorne street the constant noise and backing from the Bolton fans was both deafening and Impressive. Could barely hear anything from the rest of the ground. We need the lorne street stand now to be fully open to give atmosphere all around the ground instead of dead areas sucking the atmosphere away and because if VP was almost a sell out at 10,700 then nearly half our seats can't be sold - that's frankly ridiculous and hoping for a big cup game with a max potential capacity of 9,000 empty seats is a financial banana skin for our owners. Poor from the safety team. I saw that C had said compliance was in her company DNA, well she needs to call this out, no other club would tolerate nearly half the seats being out of action.

Sitting in the RP near the Hamil end, fans in the RS started singing RP joined in but not the Hamil and on one occasion were chanting a different chant🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

image.thumb.png.b78bc1af115eb6e92c86b2163cbbeb64.png

Bolton fans always think they're better than everyone else. Chanting "you're all f***** useless" at the end at the Vale players. The game wasn't played in a bad spirit but its like they wanted it to be so they can have an excuse to kick off. Their forum when they beat us in the covid season was alive with idiots who love to talk down to other clubs because they think they should be in the division above because of their history.

What are they expecting at away grounds? Teams to roll over and die because Ian Evatt and his continental size ego has graced their stadium? Gold plated taps? Ambrosia flowing when the bogs flush? 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Listening to AC interview I interpreted the players didn’t carry out his instructions in the 1st half to play higher up the pitch to not allow the space rather than it was a master plan to sit back and not lay a glove on the opposition.

Yes, but if that's the case they were 20 yards too deep. They 100% looked like they had set up to play counter attack football. 

Now I don't have a problem with that except. 

We didn't mark effectively and we kept giving the ball away. We were very lucky to only be one down at HT. 

I cannot see how the players and manager can be at such variance between so called plan and actuality. 

Regarding the atmosphere I do actually think the hamil move has made it worse. Think its because it’s split up the group in the railway that used to sing.

Tuesday was awful as well. For half the game we were getting out sung by about 10 Sutton fans stood near the back of the Bycars.

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Sitting in the RP near the Hamil end, fans in the RS started singing RP joined in but not the Hamil and on one occasion were chanting a different chant🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing it's too late now to have a dedicated singing (and implicitly, standing) block in the Hamil. We need one because at the moment everyone is spread out and everything's a bit disjointed.

The beauty of the corner of the Paddock was it was pretty much the same people every home game and it was accepted that it was the place to go for singing and standing. in the Hamil it's 50/50 whether you're amongst singers & standers or statues.

People going on about the atmosphere the first half performance was so poor .

How are people supposed get behind that 

Second half  where I was in  hamil was fine everybody was encouraging the best they could  considering we had given  ourselves a mountain climb with first half ineptness. 

Unfortunately Vale's lack of appetite or to much respect for Bolton in the first half cost them gaining at least a point.

Bolton are a workmanlike team but having had a season ticket in the glory years of the Premier league. Bolton are now in League One for a reason and have not played top flight football now for over ten seasons. I have followed Vale as my second team for thirty plus years and so often when Vale come up against a team who in a past life might have played at the top table. Vale stand off their opponents and appear to be afraid to get stuck in today first half was a first class example, no cutting edge. Second half so much better but Bolton defended resolutely and for me Bolton might make the play offs. The main difference is Bolton have a striker in Dion Charles who at this level knows where the goal is. I was very disappointed in Dion Charles early second half when he attempted to con the referee in trying to win a free kick. Referee correctly played on, but failed to book Charles for blatant unsporting behaviour. For me if you are a decent player why stoop to the level of attempting to con the Referee. As a  Referee myself giving the player a RED CARD would quickly eliminate that type of player behaviour.

What Vale needed today second half was a striker with a cutting edge like possibly Tom Pope or for fans with longer memories Martin Foyle.

Tuesday night Bristol Rovers away an unpredictable opponent but a definitely winnable game. If fit get Mitch Clark and Ethan Chrislett back into contention.

UTV

10 minutes ago, smithie said:

I'm guessing it's too late now to have a dedicated singing (and implicitly, standing) block in the Hamil. We need one because at the moment everyone is spread out and everything's a bit disjointed.

The beauty of the corner of the Paddock was it was pretty much the same people every home game and it was accepted that it was the place to go for singing and standing. in the Hamil it's 50/50 whether you're amongst singers & standers or statues.

What did anyone expect to happen when a situation which had steadily evolved over 20+ years in terms of people's seating positions was basically ripped up? 

14 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Regarding the atmosphere I do actually think the hamil move has made it worse. Think its because it’s split up the group in the railway that used to sing.

Tuesday was awful as well. For half the game we were getting out sung by about 10 Sutton fans stood near the back of the Bycars.

Absolutely agree, the atmosphere this season at home is dire. The move to the Hamil has killed it, there’s just no interaction now with the away supporters.

My thoughts on the atmosphere discussion. Moving stands has coincided with us playing the slow build up, passing football. Difficult to build up any excitement with this style, yes it has seen us start the season well but sometimes if it doesn't go well it makes for a hard watch

5 minutes ago, Westlands White said:

Absolutely agree, the atmosphere this season at home is dire. The move to the Hamil has killed it, there’s just no interaction now with the away supporters.

It's clear that kind of interaction doesn't fit with the club's vision for growing the attendances. 

Unfortunately I can't see this move being reversed. 

55 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Bolton were louder from the Lorne Street and had more rehearsed songs. But circa 3000 committed away fans will normally achieve that. 

Archived