onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Pitch ?

Trumpingtonvale

Advert

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I see FGR water their pitch with recycled water from the away fans toilets. Not sure if they mean urine or just water, I’m told it’s all water produced by away fans 

I think they’re taking the urine.  All water is “recycled” in one way or another.

12 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I see FGR water their pitch with recycled water from the away fans toilets. Not sure if they mean urine or just water, I’m told it’s all water produced by away fans 

I see the Vale players cut out the middle man and just p***ed straight on the pitch!

18 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Perhaps Vale our missing a trick.  Invite fans to pi$$ on/fertilise the pitch at halftime - two birds one …… no need for new ‘ facilities’ in the Railway and Bycars and may mean we don’t need a new pitch in the summer.

Brilliant. Super creative. We need more of this 🤠

30 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:
I think they’re taking the urine.  All water is “recycled” in one way or another.

But FGR are using it as a fertiliser.

Not on its own, so it’s just hype in that sense, which is the most likely reason why they do it.

I do agree the pitch is awful but it is no worse than it was in the late 80's early 90's.

We used it to our advantage then. Football is played in a different way now, you didn't play around with it at the back then. Less passes, less chance of losing possession due to a bobbling ball

Maybe the way we play on it needs to change between now and the end of the season when hopefully it is relaid.

Get it forward quicker and win the knock-downs. Ok it's not pretty to watch but neither is losing the ball passing it around at the back

As I said, relocated.  It’s common knowledge that the existing scoreboard obstructs the view.
We may as well just take it down. It isn't much good in the condition it is in. The top half doesn't work. They can't use the clock as it crashes. We haven't had many games down Vale Park where I haven't been able to remember the score.

We may as well just take it down. It isn't much good in the condition it is in. The top half doesn't work. They can't use the clock as it crashes. We haven't had many games down Vale Park where I haven't been able to remember the score.
And we've had plenty where I haven't needed a constant reminder of it over the years

35 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
On 27/01/2023 at 15:34, Guitar Ray said:
As I said, relocated.  It’s common knowledge that the existing scoreboard obstructs the view.

My gut feeling is that it would’ve been replaced as part of the Hamil switch.  We’ve had no end of problems with that scoreboard and it’s probably at the end of its life, not to mention it obscures the view from the back centre few rows of the Hamil.

3 hours ago, gags 64 said:

I do agree the pitch is awful but it is no worse than it was in the late 80's early 90's.

We used it to our advantage then. Football is played in a different way now, you didn't play around with it at the back then. Less passes, less chance of losing possession due to a bobbling ball

Maybe the way we play on it needs to change between now and the end of the season when hopefully it is relaid.

Get it forward quicker and win the knock-downs. Ok it's not pretty to watch but neither is losing the ball passing it around at the back

pitch whingers united again! it is what it is get on with it like previous teams.🤪

Archived