onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Pitch ?

Trumpingtonvale

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

No

Fair play, Just a  complete dislike for the bloke.

To be honest, I'm not a people's person at all and everyone irritates me on every level. I even make sure that my neighbour is not in the garden when leaving my house so that I do not have to bump into him & chat

Advert

While there may be something in the pitch thing (Adams’ ssuccessful sides always seemd to have a massive lull in winter) I think the talk about it needs to be put to bed. The “we’re not looking for excuses but…” line has been trotted out once too often which Clarke as good as admitted yesterday. Your Garrity / Smith / Worrall types seem to manage with average or better than average injury records. I thought Harrison might be in that bracket (and of course he still might be) but Wilson and Proctor seem to be made of glass.

On 05/02/2023 at 10:06, Rampant Zebra said:

Far better manager than Adams? Don't make me laugh.

I agree with you. Adams managed in the Premier League and had success like Clarke in the lower tiers. 

However nobody can ever forget how incredible Adams managed to keep the team together and get promotion post admin. 

The circumstances of his promotion, an automatic promotion too, was nothing short of a miracle. 

Under Carol we would certainly have had championship football. 

Clarke has not surprised me like Adams did, he has done enough, done well, but Adams for me sits 2nd to Rudge. 

On 05/02/2023 at 09:42, Brian Johnson said:

Not having a pop at DC here because he is arguably the best manager we have had since John Rudge. People will rightly bring Micky Adams into that equation but DC is by far a better manager than Adams but one of the first thing's DC did when he came to Vale was to have ago at John Askey & the injury situation.

We have then spent  <ovf censored> load of money on getting people in to "improve" the injury side of the team, yet, I feel our injury situation is actually far worse under DC then it was under Askey.

Mickey Adams played and managed at  higher levels than DC. At Port Vale he didn't have the backroom team DC has. Also to be fair the sport has moved on. All players these days have scientific fitness management and, for example, Port Vale don't run out of legs in the second half like they used to 20 years ago etc. 

While there may be something in the pitch thing (Adams’ ssuccessful sides always seemd to have a massive lull in winter) I think the talk about it needs to be put to bed. The “we’re not looking for excuses but…” line has been trotted out once too often which Clarke as good as admitted yesterday. Your Garrity / Smith / Worrall types seem to manage with average or better than average injury records. I thought Harrison might be in that bracket (and of course he still might be) but Wilson and Proctor seem to be made of glass.
Wilson last injury happened at Sheffield Wednesday and was a nasty tackle causing an impact injury can't blame him or the pitch.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

4 hours ago, familystander said:

Newcastle Town -Today is an incredibly exciting day for everyone at our club. We are delighted to announce that the construction of a new £1.1m 3G pitch will start next week at Roe Lane playing fields, bringing amazing opportunities for our teams and our local communities

please can we play on it!😁

36 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Clarke talking about the pitch again. Either replace it this close season or stop going on about it Vale.

Dont think he wants to talk about it every week he knows how bad is it. I think Phil keeps asking him every game so hes got to answer the question. Its getting some much needed repair work after the season isnt it? Not sure how good that will make it but we will take anything right now. Does anyone know the name of the new head groundsman by the way?

The pitch discussion is getting tedious

It doesn't stop the opposition scoring and it doesn't stop them playing football, we should be used to it playing on it every other week, why is it such a handicap for us ?

It should be the opposition moaning not us, It doesn't seem any worse than seasons gone by, stop looking for excuses and use it our advantage.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

The pitch discussion is getting tedious

It doesn't stop the opposition scoring and it doesn't stop them playing football, we should be used to it playing on it every other week, why is it such a handicap for us ?

It should be the opposition moaning not us, It doesn't seem any worse than seasons gone by, stop looking for excuses and use it our advantage.

I agree about the other team have to play on it also and the better sides still manage to play some good stuff on it but i think after playing week in week out on it all over winter and even going back to the Sheff wed game where it was like blackpool beach -  it certainly takes a lot out the legs and does run the risk of injuries. Hopefully the work in summer will put an end to this anyway. One things for sure, unless my minds playing tricks but im certain every single season we seem to have an alarming dip in form at home in the winter months. Coincidence?

Dont think he wants to talk about it every week he knows how bad is it. I think Phil keeps asking him every game so hes got to answer the question. Its getting some much needed repair work after the season isnt it? Not sure how good that will make it but we will take anything right now. Does anyone know the name of the new head groundsman by the way?

Well in his interview bowers didn’t mention it until DC mentioned frustrating game on a difficult playing service

6 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I agree about the other team have to play on it also and the better sides still manage to play some good stuff on it but i think after playing week in week out on it all over winter and even going back to the Sheff wed game where it was like blackpool beach -  it certainly takes a lot out the legs and does run the risk of injuries. Hopefully the work in summer will put an end to this anyway. One things for sure, 😄unless my minds playing tricks but im certain every single season we seem to have an alarming dip in form at home in the winter months. Coincidence?

we can always go play on newcastle towns new £1.1m 3g pitch! oh no we cant the fa wont let us!😄:drink:

Archived