onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Pitch ?

Trumpingtonvale

Advert

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

I like the idea (if true), you can see from twitter he cares about the Vale and has a lot of respect for Carol and I think it would work well, add more financial backing in terms of the long term security of the club, lets be honest most fans, myself included just want a stable club where we can enjoy the football on a Saturday with some success every now and again rather than the soap opera, administrations and drama's of the past 15-20 years! If Donaldson joins Carol you would expect then we could easily ride out most problems fiscally if they arose. I am not asking for millions to turn us into a Premier League club for example.

As it is only another rumour we don't know what truth is in it but its one I would like to see come to fruition.

In terms of the pitch, something needs doing with it, granted we may get some advantage but if you watch the first Derby goal... Smith takes Jones pass and it bobbles so he looses control of it... things like that don't happen, don't need a carpet but just a pitch capable of playing some football on.

Sadly, long gone are the days when we could claim to be "The Wembley of the North" with a superb and large playing surface! The current pitch is an embarrasment and prevents ball-playing players and movement from flowing easily.

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Warne's comments were interesting. Usually a whinge can be construed as sour grapes like Garner.

Derby won and he still commented how awful it was .

So did Sheffield Wednesday, it is terrible, its just cutting up, you saw midweek players putting chunks back in.

No idea why its got so back, but when we turned up for the Sheffield Wednesday game it was a mess and hasn't recovered.

Warne's comments were interesting. Usually a whinge can be construed as sour grapes like Garner.
Derby won and he still commented how awful it was .
Divots affect attackers as well as defenders on both teams. Whether we have a repair or a complete replacement of the pitch remains to be seen.

It isn't true I'm just pointing out it wouldn't be beneficial to him or the club why shell out millions on something you don't own and have all the hassle when you can just keep pumping probably 100k+ a year ( what to him must be pennies ) into it via sponsorship. Don't get me wrong it would be great if it happens but I just can't see it myself.

Don't know about "sabotage" but what I'm trying to ascertain, is this (if it's in fact true) a positive or negative for the club.
We will not know unless the club makes a statement. In general terms, Vale is currently a family business. There are pros and cons to form a partnership with someone else. Does the partner(s) buy some of the business or match a share increasing the business.

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

We will not know unless the club makes a statement. In general terms, Vale is currently a family business. There are pros and cons to form a partnership with someone else. Does the partner(s) buy some of the business or match a share increasing the business.

I agree, more questions than answers at the moment, but I guess we'll just have to  wait to find out how well grounded the rumour is.

Archived