onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Bedded in him well and got him back to fitness and then barely ever picked him. He’s quality and regardless of formation is a match winner. Numerous occasions he’s come on 2nd half and got us something from the game from nothing. Not many at this level that can do that. Really disappointed and were desperate for some pace into the side. 
I can only presume that DC and co weren’t expecting this given that he came on at the weekend? 

Perhaps we didn’t want start a player who at best could only manage 40/50 minutes ?

Advert

1 hour ago, robf said:

Am I missing something obvious but am I wrong to think that Gibbo was simply (right or wrongly) rested on Saturday as he has had his injury issues and that he isn't leaving?

If he starts on Tuesday will that rumour go away? 

I think Husseys come in as first choice left back. God only knows why you would drop one of the best players in Gibbo, but I think it’s purely down the fact that Husseys a natural left footer. 

27 minutes ago, 1 said:

So with the squad as it is now, say you’ve got 3 places left for newcomers, what positions are you looking to get covered?

Assuming Gibbons is staying, I want:

a goal-threat CM

a quality RB / RWB

a no.10 / 2nd striker type

I’ve given up on DC ever signing / playing / adopting a formation to utilise any out-and-our wingers, otherwise I’d say one of them for either side.

if Gibbo isn’t going then do you really think we need a new right wing back when we have Worrall Cass and Gibbo who can play there?

Not surprised by Politic going, he’s hardly started and we rarely play in a formation that suits him out wide. We have wasted him as a striker too which just wasn’t his strongest position. I said a few weeks ago that one of the options could be that Bolton recall him and sell him if they wanted, especially given that he wasn’t going to sign a new deal there. Sure enough they have done that and who can blame him in going to the Italian second division. 

14 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Surely management would have had an inkling he'd be off? Absolutely negligent if they didn't.

Why would they know? Bolton had the option to recall him at a moments notice when it suits them.

54 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s the January transfer window folks!  Players may be recruited.  Players may leave.  Loan players and star performers are included.  Disappointing? Yes.  Surprising? No.

Yes surprising. After Evatt's comments about being done with him, I and many others including Bolton fans thought it was an ego thing over the contract refusal and Dennis would be ours until at least May. Who saw a sudden move to a club that the stat websites claim barely scrape 3000 at home in Serie B happening? I'm massively surprised. This is a Footballer Manager-esque transfer, I reckon if there was an OVF poll at the start of the window absolutely no one would have guessed losing him to a club in Italy.

although I'm disappointed with Politic leaving, in truth hes not been 100% fit all the time hes been here and would have been risky to consider splashing the cash on. Will we get someone else in? ......... who know, but lets trust the process.

20 minutes ago, philmpv said:

What a load of tosh. Jones out suspended, and Proctor and Taylor out injured. Politic recalled. Legge Johnson Burgess and Whitehead gone. In have come Harratt and Edmondson, Hall and Hussey, so far. Apart from Jones, Politic and Proctor, who played such a role this season that we'll miss them (and even Politic only made an impact from the bench)? And we've covered the absences of Jones and Proctor with the incoming signings.

We're also a keeper down and looks like Gibbons is off and possibly Rodney too. As I said, hope we get it sorted but ATM I don't think anyone can be blamed for being concerned.

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Why would they know? Bolton had the option to recall him at a moments notice when it suits them.

Because he wasn't our player. His agent and Bolton would obviously be looking to make as much money as possible, so to sit back and just presume he was staying would have been incredibly foolhardy.

All well and good 'waiting and seeing' till the end of the window, but we have three games before then. The Matrix might get it right but we've got 9 vital points on the line before an absolutely horrendous February where we play the top 3.

At present, with the injuries, suspensions, lost players, and match fitness issues, we're weaker than we were when we were winning games consistently. Lucas, Politic, Jones, and Proctor are misses, and an unfit Wilson isn't much help. We also have a recurring inability to keep clean sheets.

I just pray that we see Gibbons in the line up tomorrow night.

We're also a keeper down and looks like Gibbons is off and possibly Rodney too. As I said, hope we get it sorted but ATM I don't think anyone can be blamed for being concerned.
You do realise that neither Covolan nor Jones are banned for life don't you? Gibbons and Rodney are still here, and I've absolutely no doubt that they will be replaced, if they do leave, with either better players or of comparable ability who will already have been fully analysed and scouted. Plus Hussey has already come in to play Gibbos role that he was playing.

Archived