onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Probably yes. Politic was only ever a 'super sub' and we've already signed Hussey who was getting MOTM awards in the league above. As good as both players could be, no player is irreplaceable, particularly when you have a proper recruitment team like we have now.
You do realise Hussey is thirty three? The proper recruitment team that brought Ryan Johnson? Brad Walker? Both goalkeepers are being questioned on here although personally I think they're both fine. It's been hit and miss let's be honest.

Advert

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Surely we offered more than a paltry £50k? That's an absolute steal. I just want to hear from DC that we offered more and it was the chance of possibly playing serie A + closer to Romania that swung it.

We'll find out in about 30 hours when the team sheet gets released, if he's not in the squad and Gibbo isn't starting (which would basically confirm his transfer rumour) then I'll be beyond gutted.

I would say first team football would also swing it unless we offered huge wages which we wouldn't do for a sub. Cremonese are in Serie B

15 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:
1 hour ago, philmpv said:
Probably yes. Politic was only ever a 'super sub' and we've already signed Hussey who was getting MOTM awards in the league above. As good as both players could be, no player is irreplaceable, particularly when you have a proper recruitment team like we have now.

You do realise Hussey is thirty three? The proper recruitment team that brought Ryan Johnson? Brad Walker? Both goalkeepers are being questioned on here although personally I think they're both fine. It's been hit and miss let's be honest.

What’s wrong with Brad Walker? Always thought he was more than decent when have seen him to be honest.

No club is ever going to get every bit of recruitment right for any number of reasons. We are no different in that regard. Overall it’s been a success I’d say.

8 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

What’s wrong with Brad Walker? Always thought he was more than decent when have seen him to be honest.

No club is ever going to get every bit of recruitment right for any number of reasons. We are no different in that regard. Overall it’s been a success I’d say.

I tend to agree but we will judge the success of the recruitment in April not now. If we end up mid table then you’d have to say it’s not been anything special. Let’s see and hopefully it’ll come good.

As Politic is under 24 we would have to pay a fee in the summer. Cremonese are in a different country so they are exempt from all that.

If Politic told Bolton he was definitely going abroad (and he could well have signed a pre-contract already for all we know) £50K would be a fire sale. 

43 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

There is something.  Make an offer ourselves prior to the interest from Cremonese . Always run the risk if you don't as we had exact same situation with Alex Jones to Bradford.  

Can we afford to pay money for a bloke who has started only 5 league games for us and has mainly been a sub?

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Can we afford to pay money for a bloke who has started only 5 league games for us and has mainly been a sub?

My own opinion is yes. I think if you ran a poll then 75 per cent would be very disappointed he's gone.

Your point is very valid Jacko , my own opinion is he should of had a lot more minutes. Nobody at the club in a similar position excites me as much as when he came on. 

If we weren't so set on 5-3-2 he'd of played more. 

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Hussey for Gibbo = best of a bad situation

Am I missing something obvious but am I wrong to think that Gibbo was simply (right or wrongly) rested on Saturday as he has had his injury issues and that he isn't leaving?

If he starts on Tuesday will that rumour go away? 

2 minutes ago, robf said:

Am I missing something obvious but I am wrong to think that Gibbo was simply (right or wrongly) rested on Saturday as he has had his injury issues and that he isn't leaving?

If he starts on Tuesday will that rumour go away? 

Rumours once aired never go away.

must be true if it’s on the internet 😀

Archived