onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Just now, Danish Valiant said:

I think I have the unpopular opinion with Politic. 

As good as he is, and as much of a difference he's often made, DC never seem to look his way for the starting 11. 

We didn't play with a left winger. The rest of the squad was built to play with wing-backs, and then we signed Politic late in the window after the season started, probably because you don't turn down a player of his quality if he's available.

Politic got a goal or an assist every 97 minutes in the League and Cup (excluding the Papa John's where his record is even better). That's a player you want.

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

News like this was always going to look worse post-Swindon. 

If gibbo goes it will be a huge blow for our chance of promotion. 

Loosing Gibbo and Politic is a major blow , along with the fact we need another Keeper who is not a nutter  , I hope DC and DF have something up there sleeves with regard to more recruitment else our promotion aspirations are disappearing fast  !

He's from that part of the world. Italy and Romania are pretty much neighbours. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to live in Italy over this part of the country if given the choice?

Politic had his moments but losing Gibbons is a much bigger blow. Losing both is really <ovf censored>, but it comes with the territory of doing relatively well as a club.

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

"Gibbo and Politic will go, Proctor is nowhere near, Cov will be out for 4 games, Conlon will dip out of form, and we'll get outplayed at home to Swindon" then I'd have been a bit worried.

27 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

These theories are getting more outrageous. Just read that back. Have you got a tinfoil hat on?

-He’s a Stoke fan.

-Doesn’t like the manager because he’s mates with Tom Pope.

-His friends have gone so he won’t want to stay. 

He must have been here ten years or more through our academy and judging by the way he plays I’d say he has a lot of affinity for  the club. He’s also a professional footballer who sees players come and go every season, do you really believe a player would leave because his “mate” has gone? Come on we’re really reaching now. 

Fair enough, just trying to put myself in his shoes.

I don't think it's a clear cut as 'if we wanted him to stay, he'd be staying'. Ultimately, it comes down to money, security and safeguarding a career. Getting a bigger club than Vale on his CV whilst earning more money and having greater job security makes it a no-brainer. Massively supportive of the ruthless nature of 'the process', but I'm not naive enough to think that it couldn't negatively contribute to decision making for some players - particularly when they hold the cards instead of the club. Without being melodramatic, live by the sword, die by the sword. 

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We didn't play with a left winger. The rest of the squad was built to play with wing-backs, and then we signed Politic late in the window after the season started, probably because you don't turn down a player of his quality if he's available.

Politic got a goal or an assist every 97 minutes in the League and Cup (excluding the Papa John's where his record is even better). That's a player you want.

I absolutely agree! I've said every chance I've had, that if we want to go up and stay up, we need to sign players of Denis' ilk.

But I can understand the lad as well. As good as he does every time he is on the pitch, he can't seem to buy his way into the starting 11.

Archived