onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I know I'm very selective here.

Orient, Burton, Brentford goal , 

He's a David Fairclough type. Always does something and affects a game . When he has started which isn't too often he hasn't had the same impact. 

I understand nursing him along but it will be interesting if lack of game time has led to this.

If so we've dropped a clanger 

Advert

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I know I'm very selective here.

Orient, Burton, Brentford goal , 

He's a David Fairclough type. Always does something and affects a game . When he has started which isn't too often he hasn't had the same impact. 

I understand nursing him along but it will be interesting if lack of game time has led to this.

If so we've dropped a clanger 

Add in Barrow. 

When he's started he's mostly been played out of position - a central striker. He's small and not very quick. It doesn't suit him.

When he played him on the left wing, got him 1v1 against some plodding fullback, he made stuff happen as he was technically really good. He can cross and shoot and had that 'create something' mentality where everything he did moved us forward.

He had no incentive to stay here when we couldn't guarantee him minutes. Disappointing.

EDIT: Just checked - we've started him once in his favoured position. He got an assist, we won 3-0 in probably our performance of the season.

14 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Cullen is good enough but always injured. Mckirdy could have gone either way, he’s obviously got talent but didn’t show anything at vale. The rest were rubbish and it shows by where they’ve ended up. No chance is the jury still out. Unless you think the likes of Robinson and Guthrie are as good as Wilson and proctor… Or Hussey and Benning as good as Fitzpatrick ect 

Too early to judge Hussey but Benning doesn't seem to have pulled up any trees for us. 

As an update - he cost 50k and a % of future sell ons (according to the Romanian journalist who broke this news)

I have no idea what our budget is but that's hardly a prohibitive price for a player of his age and quality. Should have been all over it. I like the Hussey signing but I doubt he cost much less.

Yeah looks like Politic is off now as well - not happy about this one. Comfortably good enough for this and the level above, might not fit into 352 but why are we being so rigid? Formation isn’t working anyway. He fits perfectly into 433 (as do all of our best players). I hope we at least attempted to sign him permanently. As above, a bit to much of a switch around here especially after such a solid start
Port Vale v Serie A? No contest really is there? I'm sure we would have loved to sign him permanently, but given that interest we had no chance really did we?

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

Too early to judge Hussey but Benning doesn't seem to have pulled up any trees for us. 

I agree Benning has been a disappointment, I expected much more from him. Still I think he’s a huge upgrade in Fitzpatrick and if worse comes to worse it’s only a 1 year deal. Hussey is a very good league 1 left back we will be fine there 

Just now, philmpv said:
19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
Yeah looks like Politic is off now as well - not happy about this one. Comfortably good enough for this and the level above, might not fit into 352 but why are we being so rigid? Formation isn’t working anyway. He fits perfectly into 433 (as do all of our best players). I hope we at least attempted to sign him permanently. As above, a bit to much of a switch around here especially after such a solid start

Port Vale v Serie A? No contest really is there? I'm sure we would have loved to sign him permanently, but given that interest we had no chance really did we?

Serie B. They might go up, well placed. They get about 3-4k at home games. Living in Cremona will be tough, mind.

Turning into equivalent of an end of season clear out and re stock rather than a January ‘tweak’ 
getting worried?? 
Not at all. Look who's left. Bit part players who made hardly any impact at all. Who's come in? On paper, better players (Hall and Harratt certainly).

Serie B. They might go up, well placed. They get about 3-4k at home games. Living in Cremona will be tough, mind.
Yeah I meant the possibility of Serie A, given their league position. Sure we offered something but only going to be 1 winner unfortunately. It's obvious he's had something in the pipeline for a while given his confidence in turning down a new deal.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

As an update - he cost 50k and a % of future sell ons (according to the Romanian journalist who broke this news)

I have no idea what our budget is but that's hardly a prohibitive price for a player of his age and quality. Should have been all over it. I like the Hussey signing but I doubt he cost much less.

Until we see a comment from Vale it's hard to evaluate properly. 

But at this moment in time I'm gutted and bemused that for 50K he's not on our twitter holding up a Vale scarf having signed a 2 1/2 year deal 

Just now, Doha said:

Oh frigging hell. Disaster.

He's worth more than 50k.

I would have happily have us double that, if the budget allowed, and lob a 20% sell on. Game-changer.

As Phil says, good chance of Serie A football and a flat in Lombardy probably swayed it, but hurts to lose a match-winner at this point of the season. I was convinced he'd win the points in tight games as it got to the run in.

Archived