Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Colin Garlick at the SC meeting tonight about the £1850 wage structure cap -

Will always try and stay within it, but try and be as reasonable and flexible as they can. But will always be sensible. Says didn't anticipate so much movement in Jan but thinks the squad is better now

Not a hard limit then. It's flexible for the right deal. End of debate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I think that would be a fairly stupid thing to do? We have a good, balanced squad for the first time in a long time; and seem to have a good and professional coaching structure - noticeable in some of the football we've played and results we've achieved. Also, coaching staff doesn't come out of the playing budget...because they're not players. It's a simple concept!! 

It was a joke, hence the smiley and trying to detract from an ongoing boring topic. I know what simple is too

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

It was a joke, hence the smiley and trying to detract from an ongoing boring topic. I know what simple is too

If it's an ongoing boring topic why add to it and extend it? 😇 

Advert:

Walsall fans will never admit it but with that clown they have running them it's not hard to see why DC happily left them for us. They come across very similar to us under Smurthwaite.

Wish Rodders well recovering though, never wish injury on anyone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Walsall fans will never admit it but with that clown they have running them it's not hard to see why DC happily left them for us. They come across very similar to us under Smurthwaite.

Wish Rodders well recovering though, never wish injury on anyone.

They will also never admit it that DC with “his players” (their words) had them on the verge of the playoffs.

Their new set up with there has them on the verge of battling relegation to the football league.

I tried having a sensible conversation with their fans when we signed Dc about whether he was hamstrung by his environment… but all I could get off them was “he’s rubbish”

Guess they are being proven wrong. Not that they will admit it.

Advert:

They will also never admit it that DC with “his players” (their words) had them on the verge of the playoffs.
Their new set up with there has them on the verge of battling relegation to the football league.
I tried having a sensible conversation with their fans when we signed Dc about whether he was hamstrung by his environment… but all I could get off them was “he’s rubbish”
Guess they are being proven wrong. Not that they will admit it.
They're no different than how some of ours would be when confronted with the same discussion re Askey, Aspin etc. Football fans are largely extremely obstinate and blinkered when it comes to former personnel. They tend to be either 'garbage' or 'quality'. There's no in between.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Their forum is amazing at the minute. The Bristol rovers match thread is hilarious 

Their forum is probably like most of the others out there, populated by either the self opinionated, lonely attention seekers, general outliers, drunks/dust heads or those that tick all of the aforementioned boxes, such as myself. Ahem….

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Cremonese hit the summit of Serie B today after a 3-1 win over Parma. Looking very promising for them to be playing Serie A football next season!

Dennis Politic not even in the matchday squad & yet to make a start. Looks like he's nowhere near their first 11. I wonder if in time, he will regret making that move. The money & the lifestyle will undoubtedly be great but... if you're not playing football, what's the point.

Hope he can break into their side at some point.

Advert: