onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

26 minutes ago, robf said:

Am I missing something obvious but am I wrong to think that Gibbo was simply (right or wrongly) rested on Saturday as he has had his injury issues and that he isn't leaving?

If he starts on Tuesday will that rumour go away? 

Not  until he signs a fresh contract with the Vale.  Considered capable of L1 or higher so always a candidate.  

The only thing that DF/ DC could be blamed for is if there was some presumption that we'd just be able to keep Politic and there was no back-up plan for if he left. 

What with injuries, suspensions and players leaving, we suddenly look a lot poorer than we did before the window opened. I'm also really concerned about the effect all these exits could have in the dressing room. Fingers crossed we get it sorted.

36 minutes ago, robf said:

Am I missing something obvious but am I wrong to think that Gibbo was simply (right or wrongly) rested on Saturday as he has had his injury issues and that he isn't leaving?

If he starts on Tuesday will that rumour go away? 

Hopefully, but worse case scenario he leaves and we have decent wingbacks to cover him. I don’t think he’ll be staying until he can’t leave, ie. end of transfer window.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

4 dregs who never played and offered nothing.

Hall for Legge = yay

Hussey for Gibbo = best of a bad situation

2 strikers to give us firepower while the others get back to full speed, then we’ll be dynamite.

Replace Politic and get a player or two to cover little gaps.

Its really not that bad, and we are yet to see how DC will respond to losing Politic.

As DC says “judge the window at the end of the window.”

As you’ve outlined, it doesn’t look bad on paper. However, as we all know, football isn’t played on paper. Extra team spirit, togetherness, hard work will always outshine ability. I’m not implying that we will suddenly lose all of that, but numerous changes ‘could’ affect results. Maybe not in the long term or not at all, time will tell. 

Like I’ve said, a win tomorrow will settle everything down and everything looks prettier. 

I think the fans, me included, thought that if Bolton were to give up on Politic then Vale would be absolute cast iron favourites to sign him up; coupled with DC’s record with signings I was sure he could convince him. But we don’t know why Dennis chose to go where he has, don’t know whether it was totally outrageous wages or whatever. I’m sure DC did everything he could to keep him, if indeed he wanted him (which I’m sure he did) and now he’s gone it’s on to the next. We won’t finish this transfer window weaker than before or with glaring gaps in the squad, I just don’t think that will happen.

Politic was a fantastic talent, but everyone knows he didn’t fit the system. So maybe one thing to come from this will be for DC to consider not only talent, but talent that fits in the system we want to play going forward.

I think we've been sensible with Politic's game time, given he missed the entire of last season with a bad cruciate injury.

Start him here and there, bring him on as a sub every now and then, rest him for a game etc

Imagine we'd thrown him in from day 1 playing 90 minutes every week. He could have been ruined.

Maybe he'd have got more game time in the 2nd half of the season once he'd proven his body was coping better with the demands of football.

I'm gutted. I really liked him as a player. He has that flair and game changing ability I've always said we need - similar to JMW in the promotion year.

Bedded in him well and got him back to fitness and then barely ever picked him. He’s quality and regardless of formation is a match winner. Numerous occasions he’s come on 2nd half and got us something from the game from nothing. Not many at this level that can do that. Really disappointed and were desperate for some pace into the side. 

I can only presume that DC and co weren’t expecting this given that he came on at the weekend? 

So with the squad as it is now, say you’ve got 3 places left for newcomers, what positions are you looking to get covered?

Assuming Gibbons is staying, I want:

a goal-threat CM

a quality RB / RWB

a no.10 / 2nd striker type

I’ve given up on DC ever signing / playing / adopting a formation to utilise any out-and-our wingers, otherwise I’d say one of them for either side.

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

Gibbo and Politic leaving is not good, however we dress it up. We're losing two difference makers half way through a promotion season.

It might be a bit of money saved in terms of wages but I don't think we'll get equivalent quality. 

Some will argue that he was an 'impact sub' but we never played him on the left. When we did he was great. We've lost a good player. Even if he is an 'impact sub', we're gonna need 1/2 of those in the run.

We dont need to save money,Vale cant help it if players want to progress themselves elsewhere and maybe increase their wages

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

As an update - he cost 50k and a % of future sell ons (according to the Romanian journalist who broke this news)

I have no idea what our budget is but that's hardly a prohibitive price for a player of his age and quality. Should have been all over it. I like the Hussey signing but I doubt he cost much less.

Again what can vale do?? We have the money for fees thats not an issue,the lad was superb in games coming on as sub but his fitness still seems to be an issue,now if you were given an opportunity to maybe increase your wage(not sure what they pay) and have the potential to play in Serie A next season as i think Cremonese are doing well or stay at Vale and run the risk of maybe still being in league 2 next season what would you do,no brainer for the lad tbf....Vale dont always make the decisions 

What with injuries, suspensions and players leaving, we suddenly look a lot poorer than we did before the window opened.

What a load of tosh. Jones out suspended, and Proctor and Taylor out injured. Politic recalled. Legge Johnson Burgess and Whitehead gone. In have come Harratt and Edmondson, Hall and Hussey, so far. Apart from Jones, Politic and Proctor, who played such a role this season that we'll miss them (and even Politic only made an impact from the bench)? And we've covered the absences of Jones and Proctor with the incoming signings.

Typical minority of Vale fans - going into full blown panic mode at the slightest thing happening. In the words of Uncle Albert - 'A lot of good you'd have been on the Russian convoys'

Archived