onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Wow just wow conceding four again in a half ,who's to blame as  I aint watched it ,I'm bloody furious who the jokers in defence this is twice in a few weeks Jermaine holwyns career was ended when he played dreadfully for a half what's so damn special about these players that they continue to play and embarrass the support .

Shocking result as for Askey at 3 -2 up make changes make it really hard for the opposition score not easy too i never want see some of the players in a Vale shirt again disgraceful .

All the good work in first half ruined because certain players couldn't be arsed .

Tell me about there goals wasSmith involvedin them ,<ovf censored> him off 

Advert

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I think you are missing the point.

I’m not sure I am. I agree about your point about the current situation making maneuverability difficult. I get that. And maybe it isn’t the wise thing to do to get rid now. But my point about the thinness of quality stands. If JA’s recruitment had been better we wouldn’t be having this debate.

11 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Who would have predicted that the double act of Legge and Smith would collapse like it has? 

Not me.

To add, who would of thought Fitz would be the best defender at the club. Hes come on massively compared to his first few games. 

I was one who wasn't impressed with him at the start. Hes now match ready and definitely earned his spot in the 1st 11.

Vale I cant begin to explain how pissed off i am.....down to 16th.  Embarrassing 

Regardless of the short term outlook, we will not mount a genuine promotion challenge under JA so we have to make a decision based on the long term and where our realistic ambitions are. Are we mid table 4th division or do we believe we ought to be getting out of this league?

I reckon we have to write this season off as a bad do and then look at a rebuilding job in the summer under a new manager. Thanks John but we move on.

Morecambe are in 5th place in the league. They get about 1500 fans at peak times. They've probably shifted nowhere near that number of STs.

We're in 16th.

We're told to 'sit tight as there's a pandemic and Askey could not foresee the decline of a 35 year old centre half'.

Let's see where we are in 2025.

How many times do we have to put up with JA's inability to respond to opposition changes? He just sits, waits and waits before changing anything when its too bloody late. Other managers take decisive action when the team is struggling - Tranmere,FGR,Colchester,Walsall just of the top off my head recently. He does he not realise what the sub rules are?

JA needed to go when we had lost 6 in row and he was and truly overstayed his welcome for me. I've said it before but we are going nowhere under JA. His in game management is killing us, costing us so many points this season. How does he keep looking his squad players in the eye when we are so porous at the back not winning yet he continues to pick the same back 5 and Joyce.

What a shambles of a 2nd half - we just wilted again. Our team has as much backbone as a jelly fish.

Father time has definitely caught up with our senior players. They should be able to manage these game situations but the lack of legs at the back and in front of them in Joyce too is really hurting us.

Lets find some positives though for Christmas -:

Good away performance 1st half.

Colon probably had his best game in a Vale shirt for me,. I thought he was superb in the 1st half.Wha a special free-kick that was. He certainly didn't deserve to be on the losing side today.

Hurst & Rodney continues to show promise.

We take a lead into the 2nd half.  Their manager makes 4 changes and win 4-3 and it could have been more for them.

What does our manager do.  Takes Pope off and then makes 2 changes in the 86th minute.

Wish JA and Co would explain what match he watches to come up with these tactics.

Tried to stay positive he would change it around, but not now.  

10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Another embarrassment. Another chronic lack of bottle. Another lead lost. Another conglomeration of p***-poor defending.

When will people see the pattern?

For 2 years, we've thrown leads away. For 2 years, we haven't reacted to subs. 3 vs Colchester - no response, lead gone. 4 today - no response, lead gone. 1 sub before the 85th, and he subbed the goalscorer!!!!!!!!

We're f****** 16th in the table at Christmas! We're supposed to be going up! How can people persist with this consistently horrendous fare. 2nd bottom of the form table. 

There is no sign of things getting better. We still can't defend. We still can't protect a lead. We still don't react to in-game changes. We still leave subs too late. We still bottle easy chances.

1 win in 10 is it? 9? Out to a non-league side in the FA Cup? Humiliation, week after week after week after week after week. Michael Brown and Norman would be embarrassed by this run.

I'm well and truly fed up of Vale at present. Another Saturday of ringing my 87 year old Grandad up at full time and realising it's another season down the pan for us both.

Let's see where we end up in May! 

“We’ll definitely not be finishing 8th again”

Archived