onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Most managers have an X against their name some time or another. 

Parkinson wouldn't be on my list but he is a mouthpiece type, maybe that's what some need ?

Also Blakeman done my tree in , proper know it all 

Where are the leaders he says

Spine of the team today

Brown Legge Joyce Pope 

Wow over 1000 games and he's saying where's the leaders 

Just now, PVFC764 said:

One point that has been brought up.  Vale don't seem to have leaders on the pitch, it is very quiet.  We have experience on the pitch and it does seem quiet as you can hear the opposition players shouting, but not many Vale players.

Legge has been a captain before, as has Joyce, as has Pope. I agree with your point though. Serious lack of resilience and bottle under a slight bit of pressure.

Just now, Nofinikea said:

Nope, if you are a Vale fan older than 8.

23rd in the form table. Concede for fun. Reactive, not proactive. Nearly 2 years of no plan B, last minute ineffective subs. Sound that, delighted. 

You're in a crowd of 1. Absolutely delusional.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Nobody was demanding another centre back during close season.  We wanted midfielders, wingers and strikers.  Now we are shipping goals everybody is captain hindsight.

Really?

On 12/07/2020 at 12:44, Doha said:

We lost a centre half in Kennedy.

Brisley/Smith/Legge is not sufficient for 46 league games plus at least 5 cup games. Legge is 35. 3 centre halves is not enough, you need at least 4.

Taylor, Atkinson, Evans and Lloyd leaving leaves a lack of rotation and cover across the midfield. We have to be realistic in expecting Oyeleke to miss games with injury. Joycey is now 33 and it would be a mammoth effort for him to get through the season without needing rotation now and then. I would want to see two midfielders come in to cover, if one is Taylor I would lose my mind. 

I'd be delighted to get Clark back to cover for RWB because it is unlikely Gibbo will get through an entire season without a suspension at some point. Clark would primarily also fight it out with Montano for LWB.

9 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

That it will.  He has shown great patience with them.  None of them can argue if they are dropped.

Trouble is, if he brings someone in and the cost us a goal the usual suspects will be saying he should have stuck with whoever.

I think Askey is the man for the job.  I am absolutely convinced he can deliver good times.  However I am also absolutely sure John Rudge wouldn't have lasted 18 months these days.

You related to Askey by any chance !!!! 😂

Just now, Joe B said:

Legge has been a captain before, as has Joyce, as has Pope. I agree with your point though. Serious lack of resilience and bottle under a slight bit of pressure.

That's what I mean about experience, surely they should be talking and encouraging the players on the pitch.  But they don't seem to do it. 

The confidence seems to have gone.  We score and the players already know they will concede a goal straight away.

22 minutes ago, osprey said:

The big problem is - if Askey goes who replaces him ??

Vale fans have to stop thinking like that. It would be an opportunity!!!

We should be a really attractive proposition. A prospective manager would get a very well run football club who look after the players, a squad capable of getting out of this league with 2 or 3 additions. Plus very good owners ,who will back you with the ambition to get out of L2. Not too mention a large loyal fan base for a L1/L2 club.

I think Vale will be very attractive.

Its time for a culture change in that squad.

4 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Joe, I don't know about this, someone said something similar earlier in the thread, anyone know what's happened with Clarke, he's been at the club for 18+ months and there's been no issues as far as I'm aware. If he's hacked off about not playing I can understand that 'cause he's a better full back than Mills or Fitz.

Also Sprowy said something about the Jake Taylor situation, anyone know what Sprowy said.

If he isn’t getting in the side in front of Mills and Fitzpatrick and he’s not even making the bench then there’s clearly an issue with him. 

I agree about Smith never rated him to small to slow no football in him what so ever Legge very good in the air very slow across the deck we have needed solid centre backs for years now people who know how to lead from the back. We have at the last count 6 coaches assistant manager a manager has anyone asked Phil Sproson how centre halves should defend because these coaches and managers are not doing there jobs at all.

Archived