onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf Out 2.0

Hagrid

Can someone please tell me how Smurf saved the Vale? If him and Wilder were the only option then yes you could have said they saved us but we all know there were other options.

Even though PW and Smurf may have been the best offer on paper at the time, primarily due to PW's deluded vision using someone else's money, there was other options then and there are other options now. I know of 3 separate approaches to buy the Vale but as Smurf has stated "I've never lost money on a business" he is either going to have to tempted with a crazy offer (highly unlikely) or he will continue to drive this "business" to extinction due to his ego and stubbornness.

There is no saying the other options would be better or worse (can't be much worse). But I do know we are on free fall at the moment.

After the game yesterday Aspin walked around the pitch on his own as if to collect his thoughts. He sounded like a beaten man on RS. I wonder if he is regretting his decision to move to the Vale?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Spit

Spit on me

Boo at me

Im not bothered, it's worth it to get that disease out of this club. Enough now.

I take it that didn't happen to you the last time because if it did then your heart wouldn't be in it today to go through it again,i am a big lad and can certainly handle myself but after last time and i include all the pm's i got off people on here in the early days of wanting v2001 out my heart aint in it(for now)...its ok for people to say lets sort this and sort that and then they take a back seat and a vocal few have to sort then people tag along at the back.

Its time for a new group to give it a go and form something if thats what they want,i will say though that this is a different situation now,i want him gone but i want it done the right way where he sells up(which i think he has no intention of doing),this man is dangerous,he is a loose cannon,put us in admin and i think its the club that goes and not the ground so he wont care,we care about Vale,Aspin cares about Vale,Rudge cares about Vale...he has no affiliation what so ever,go into admin again and it wont be a points deduction we will start a few divisions lower...either way i wish everyone good luck in protesting or trying to get him one but just be careful.

Bloke on RS says he's not happy with Smurf, but he 'saved us', and 'where would we be if he hadn't bought us out?'

This is why nothings happened. One breath 'he's caused the league position we're in', next 'but he saved us'.

The same as we got with V2001,they were the same comments then as they are now until the very end

Wonder whose put most into vale u or him (a non vale fan remember! )

And who’s taken more out? And ruined the club more. I’d say any Vale fan has given more to the club, maybe not financially but it ain’t all about the money. Smurf has destroyed this club and anyway the money he has given has not been spent wisely and that is down to him. A good owner with a lot more business clout could have given far less and seen far better results.

Wow. The man is destroying us and you support him. You ought to be ashamed. You're a WUM, not a Vale fan, or both. Anyone that comes on here and defends him in any way, is a disgrace. How can anyone support him over the club?

Grow up. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, they're a 'disgrace'? It's possible to want Norman out whilst still pointing out that not everything is his fault, no matter how much other people try and state this is the case.

A good owner with a lot more business clout could have given far less and seen far better results.
Without any shadow of a doubt that is true. Any owner who has a limited budget would have kept the squad 'leaner and meaner'. With a squad of 20 they could be offered a better wage and in turn attracted a better quality of player. For instance we had 5 keepers on our books none of them good enough by cutting that down to 2 we could perhaps have brought back Chris Neal or someone of his ilk. Likewise instead of having a truck load of mediocre midfielders we would have achieved far better results with half of the number but of superior quality.

The idea of taking in other clubs crocks was never a good plan.

I am a supporter of the club, the history, the memories and the concept that this ‘amazing’ part of my life is there for generations to come to enjoy whatever the division we are in. Smurf, Aspo and Pope et al are, in my eyes, mere custodians simply holding the keys to pass on down the line. This club is in a parlous state. The present custodian has made a pigs ear of it. He will go only when he is ready to go when he thinks he can get the ‘best return out of this or when he can’t be bothered to put any more pennies into the bottomless pit. For me as a supporter of this great club it is the former and not the latter option I prefer. I would fear for the club more than I do now. I personally will not be protesting at matches even though I want Smurf out albeit in a controlled manner. I think it would be counterproductive in undermining a team who are already low on quality and confidence. I will support the club whatever division it is in but I’d rather it be in this one rather than the Conference. UTV. In Aspo I trust.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Neil has got more about him than to do that.Unlike some of our real fans.

He is, I understand, a man of honour he sounded so dispirited last night as though the carpet has been pulled out from underneath him.

I would fully understand if he packed up at the end of the season,if we stay up or not.

As a proportion their total wealth there are probably quite a few on here who have spent more money on Vale.

Personally don't think Norman has put any money in, bought the club off wildes with a loan , didn't he say he was putting 80k a month for 2yrs into the club ,, strange how the debt grew by roughly the same amount from just over £2 mil to £4mil.

Don't think He has put anything in personally , don't think he is that rich as he was a classed as a director with the occupation as a IFA (independent financial adviser) to Wildes group .

I think he is a poor mans Mo Choudry and Norman will certainly make money out of vale the problem is the debt seems at its max now he has drained it to this level, hence all the cut backs from page onwards and more so this January showed he has no money himself to invest and cant saddle anymore debt on vale otherwise he would have backed neil.

People saying "he saved us" seem to be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. I mean say you call a taxi and instead of taking you to your destination the taxi driver kidnaps you, steals your identity, takes out massive loans in your name and takes possession of your house. Would it be a reasonable reaction to say "well to be fair to him he did pick me up before any of the other taxi firms arrived".

Would It be a disaster if he did?

I personally think that if Aspo did walk, stating the reasons why he was leaving would make such a devastating statement to all Vale fans that there would indeed be a revolt against the chairman, the likes never witnessed before. Would Neil do it, probably not as he is a man of his word, a proud man who genuinely has the well being of Port Vale (his club) at heart.

The man is and always will be a legend regardless of any circumstances in his tenure now.

Grow up. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, they're a 'disgrace'? It's possible to want Norman out whilst still pointing out that not everything is his fault, no matter how much other people try and state this is the case.
It's nothing do with agreeing with me, it's defending the indefensible. My opinion, plain and simple, is that anyone left defending him is either a WUM, or they're too close to him personally to see the blatantly obvious.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived