onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf Out 2.0

Hagrid

Petty points scoring.

All this is the minutia surrounding the fact that Port Vale are in serious danger of being relegated from the football league under the watch of Norman.

An owner so far out of his depth that the club is going backwards at a scary rate. An owner whose pathetic ego won’t allow him to do the right thing and walk away... he is trading a community club with a strong history and legacy for his own perception of business success. It makes me sick.

And when all you have to crow about is that someone used the word ‘bank’ when describing a loan then it just looks like pathetic facetious point scoring which avoids the main issue. You should be ashamed.

Grow up.

It's an absolute world off difference if someone is claiming that Smurf is pouring in loans into the club rather than his own cash.

And it's not all I have to crow about at all. That's a lie.

I've been saying for weeks that the lies and myths and theories about Smurf being heinous money vacuum are not helping the movement to try and convince people that we need change.

It's your post that is petty and point scoring.

Advert

Grow up.

It's an absolute world off difference if someone is claiming that Smurf is pouring in loans into the club rather than his own cash.

You'll just argue against for the sake of arguing against. You are the one who needs to grow up. You are obviously not a Vale supporter.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

The club's debt is director's loans / intercompany loans.

I don't think that NS would look for the club to borrow from third parties in the same way that it borrows from himself. I think he's interested in others being indebted to him.

In theory, he could write off the debt to himself tomorrow and we'd actually be in a very strong financial position.

Although the books say we owe £4m, £3m is owed to our own owner so it's not as perilous as it looks at first glance.

The problem is the implications of Smurf being owed that money and the fact that it is extremely unlikely he will write it off, and extremely likely that he will want a return one day.

I believe anything else to be conjecture and/or dishonest attempts to smear him, until I see evidence of it.

Sorry for being so petty everyone.

In theory, he could write off the debt to himself tomorrow and we'd actually be in a very strong financial position.

Although the books say we owe £4m, £3m is owed to our own owner so it's not as perilous as it looks at first glance.

The problem is the implications of Smurf being owed that money and the fact that it is extremely unlikely he will write it off, and extremely likely that he will want a return one day.

I believe anything else to be conjecture and/or dishonest attempts to smear him, until I see evidence of it.

Sorry for being so petty everyone.

Norman/ Paul Wildes bought the club debt free and the season ticket money that season was ring fenced by the administrators for the new owner.

How to run the club down to the state it is now in his tenure is beyond me and his greed is indefensible: sad:

Elav,every thread ends up the same.It’s pathetic.We have a Aspin in thread which ends up a Smurf out thread.A thread about the pitch ends up Smurf out.A Smurf Out 2 thread ,just the two then?I’m not going til he goes thread.Good,**** off. **** Norman Smurthwaite,I support Port Vale ,Neil Aspin and my family.If people want him gone,do something about it.Red cards,SEO.My arse.Only one thing will get rid of him.I’ll give you one guess what that is.

Glad you spotted the undeniable common denominator.

Yes which is why I put 'In theory' and also mentioned that it is unlikely to end well for PVFC.

I agree. That's about the only fact we have to go on.

The two main quantifiable things are the financial results and the league position. Both are getting worse and show no signs of having bottomed out.

It's reasonable to question the current regime's ability to turn them around.

The two main quantifiable things are the financial results and the league position. Both are getting worse and show no signs of having bottomed out.

It's reasonable to question the current regime's ability to turn them around.

Totally agree but what can we as fans do to drive change?

Smurf claims to have given Port Vale £3 million which is not true, he has given Port Vale £3 million in the form of a loan, I don’t know if Port Vale are paying interest on this loan, but he can only claim he has given Port Vale £3 million if he writes this loan off. You have to question where the money has gone from the selling of players and money given to the club for looking at the books by third parties. My biggest concern of this situation is should Smurf eventually sell he owns the ground and will have a big control over Vales finances because we’ve all seen how he over inflates values in his favour.

At the end of the day we are in a far, far worse position than when Smurf bought this club and there is only one person to blame for this.

I know he wont as he has ulterior motives of that i am sure BUT he really should take the Hugill money for himself and sell for the 1.25m he paid to someone willing to take the club FORWARD and not to OBLIVION

Thats all i want to hear from him now,that he is putting the club on the market for 1.25m

Archived