onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf Out 2.0

Hagrid

People saying "he saved us" seem to be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. I mean say you call a taxi and instead of taking you to your destination the taxi driver kidnaps you, steals your identity, takes out massive loans in your name and takes possession of your house. Would it be a reasonable reaction to say "well to be fair to him he did pick me up before any of the other taxi firms arrived".

Kidnaps you

Steals your identity

Takes out loans in your name

Is any of that true though? :laugh:

Advert

Smurfwaite did not save this club. The fans who rattled tins and who turned out to oust MOLD saved the club.

Smurfwaite is an opportunist who bought us on the cheap and wanted to make money. He won’t do that without investment to the Championship.

I also have to call out Aspin who should have been more assertive with him and demanded investment from Smurf in January before signing a new contract.

Aspo is a club legend and Smurf would have got some serious heat if Aspin had publically said investment was needed before he would sign.

Meakly moaning he wish he had Gunning when he left following lack of investment was too late. Had he publically sounded out Smurfwaite with the backing of Rudgie, Smurfwaite would have truly looked like the disgrace he is and fans might have been less apathetic about it.

Unfortunately I suspect this Del Boy operation of trying to unearth non league gems on the cheap could be as much a misguided fantasy from Rudge and Aspin believing the gap from non league 2 league 2 isn’t as big as it actually is.

The real narrow gap is League 1 and 2. We were not good enough for league 1 last year with players with better heritage so I don’t see the logic in thinking bringing in players with even less league games will improve matters.

In the Rudge era you could bring in good young players from lower down but modern history has shown our very best young players who have served the club well had history at higher levels but were released.

Dodds was at Leicester, Liam Chilvers Arsenal, Marc Richards Blackburn, nurmeous players from Crewe’s highly regarding if dubious in terms of child protection procedures academy....

Smurfwaite did not save this club. The fans who rattled tins and who turned out to oust MOLD saved the club.

This always confuses me. I love the passion for the club those fans showed at the time but if the protests didn't happen we still would have gone into administration wouldn't we? What actual difference did the fans make? A few months? Do you believe that if there were no protests there would now be no Port Vale? I'm genuinely interested to know the reasoning behind the logic that I see on here a lot.

Smurf didn't save the club but he did oversee the only promotion I have seen as an adult so he got quite a lot of breathing space from me. A lot of the good work he did has been overshadowed by shocking decisions since and I think he has to go to make way for someone better. I will not get behind any action that involves abusing his family or making threats to smash him on the head (on facebook earlier) None of that is going to do anything but make the man dig his heels in further and those getting aggressive will get further away from what they actually want. No man is bigger than Port Vale but humanity is much bigger than the football club in my eyes. Get him gone but be gentlemen about it. I know that's quite a lot to ask.

Genuinely interested to hear an answer to my first question though..

This always confuses me. I love the passion for the club those fans showed at the time but if the protests didn't happen we still would have gone into administration wouldn't we? What actual difference did the fans make? A few months? Do you believe that if there were no protests there would now be no Port Vale? I'm genuinely interested to know the reasoning behind the logic that I see on here a lot.

Smurf didn't save the club but he did oversee the only promotion I have seen as an adult so he got quite a lot of breathing space from me. A lot of the good work he did has been overshadowed by shocking decisions since and I think he has to go to make way for someone better. I will not get behind any action that involves abusing his family or making threats to smash him on the head (on facebook earlier) None of that is going to do anything but make the man dig his heels in further and those getting aggressive will get further away from what they actually want. No man is bigger than Port Vale but humanity is much bigger than the football club in my eyes. Get him gone but be gentlemen about it. I know that's quite a lot to ask.

Genuinely interested to hear an answer to my first question though..

The protests did not bring about administration, the V2001 directors did. The protests brought about an EGM which, had there not been some interesting shenanagins behind the scenes, would have seen the Board removed without the need for administration. Administration came about because the directors then allowed two characters onto the Board who were complete charlatans. It was not the protestors who brought about administration, it was the failure of those in power to listen to the protests and run the club for the fans as V2001 had originally promised.

I agree that threatening Norman is completely uncalled for and will serve no useful purpose at all but the fact that some fans have been driven to that tells us a little about the total frustration they feel with the current situation.

The protests did not bring about administration, the V2001 directors did. The protests brought about an EGM which, had there not been some interesting shenanagins behind the scenes, would have seen the Board removed without the need for administration. Administration came about because the directors then allowed two characters onto the Board who were complete charlatans. It was not the protestors who brought about administration, it was the failure of those in power to listen to the protests and run the club for the fans as V2001 had originally promised.

I agree that threatening Norman is completely uncalled for and will serve no useful purpose at all but the fact that some fans have been driven to that tells us a little about the total frustration they feel with the current situation.

Thanks for the answer, were the shenanigans behind the scene to do with fans' choice Mo who promised to pay full price for all shares and then offered 25% less at the first chance to buy any? Wonder how that would have panned out!

Thanks for the answer, were the shenanigans behind the scene to do with fans' choice Mo who promised to pay full price for all shares and then offered 25% less at the first chance to buy any? Wonder how that would have panned out!

We'll never know. I was simply answering your question. I do know that when I and half a dozen other people had a meeting with Robert Lee after the EGM, he regretted his decision and withdrew his sponsorship.

i know smurf said he wanted to stay off social media but think its time he came from under the rock hes hiding under and tell us fans wtf he wants to do without the BS if he wants to stay then give the manager the funds to sort this **** out if you want to leave then sell up and take the hughill money with you instead of sucking the life out of this once proud club..

i used to love saturdays going to VP but now i just dread it no fan should dread football weekends but this is what NS has done and tbh its all down to him doing everything on the cheap every week that goes by another part of vale dies and if we do get relegated then imo thats curtains for the Vale

Would you believe anything he told you, whether it be on here, other social media or the local radio. Iknow i wouldn't believe him if he said Vale play in Black and White.

I keep hearing fans say they want Smurf to clarify what's going on. What's the point as, as others have said I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore. Even if he said I'll support Aspin next Season, I'd take it all as bolloxs and with a pinch of salt

All I want to hear off him is he's put the club on the market and will reopen negotiations with the likes of Synectics or other bidders for the same price as he payed for the club.

For the love of God, just go Norman, before you do more damage and the fans become more toxic.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

He is, I understand, a man of honour he sounded so dispirited last night as though the carpet has been pulled out from underneath him.

I would fully understand if he packed up at the end of the season,if we stay up or not.

My thought too, he sounded a broken man as we supporters are broken too, I was quite emotional after listening

Archived