onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Luton Town

Fosse69

Advert

Pope got a battering and always had a player on his back missed one scored 2 ,ran his socks off another 100% performance and goes to show if played correctly 1 up top can work with the correct support.

Was just about to say something similar. It was constantly moaned about here that one up front was negative and we should never consider playing it, especially at home. Played correctly it can not only work, but also be a positive formation. Our problem with brown was we left Pope isolated when played on his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What’s Aspo say about Gunning?

They asked him about his injury. He said he has his own thoughts on it but won’t comment right now. The interviewer said he was only on about his injury, not his contract. Aspo said he was on about both.

Reading between the lines I took that to mean he wasn’t injured but didn’t want to play as he wasn’t going to re-sign (but based on mad Gavs style of play I can’t see that being true?!)

Well that’s six points we didn’t take first half of the season this week too! Nice to get them beaten after being part of our horror run!

We have proved today we are a match for anyone and hopefully we can hunt the play off spots down... look even if we don’t make it we then know we can be excited for 2018/19 at least.

I want to give special praise for the much criticised Anthony Kay. He was outstanding today. A proper midfield general.

I liked the bit where he tidied up a loose ball in the middle, got fouled, ref didn't bother, so he ran the ball wide and launched a ball down the channel that ended up with the short backpass and the third goal.

They asked him about his injury. He said he has his own thoughts on it but won’t comment right now. The interviewer said he was only on about his injury, not his contract. Aspo said he was on about both.

Reading between the lines I took that to mean he wasn’t injured but didn’t want to play as he wasn’t going to re-sign (but based on mad Gavs style of play I can’t see that being true?!)

F*** him if he wants to go. Bring Anderson back in, keep pugh at lb (I wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago) and bring in cover. Have every faith in aspo to do what is needed

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

We've suddenly become a good side, and one with options! Picking a best 11 now is far, far more difficult than it was just a few months ago. With the momentum we have, and a couple of astute signings to bolster the squad with quality, the play-offs are not out of the question whatsoever. But even if we finish kid-table this season, Aspin will have done a tremendous job and there shouldn't be any reason for anyone not to believe we wouldn't be challenging for promotion next season.

Boot

Gibbons

Gunning

Smith

Pugh

Montano

Kay

Whitfield

Harness

Worrall

Pope

Subs:

Lainton

Davis

Denton

Tonge

Regis

Barnett

Forrester

Might be time for a few to find football elsewhere, even if it's just on loan. The likes of Wilson, Kelly, De Freitas and Turner, which will hopefully allow a couple to come in.

One positive is that Regis is available to play from now on.

Plus we have Gibbons back.

Regis can play after Monday, not at Notts then. Gunning can't play again unless he signs a new deal, Whitfield can play Monday but probably no longer unless a new deal is struck.

Regis can play after Monday, not at Notts then. Gunning can't play again unless he signs a new deal, Whitfield can play Monday but probably no longer unless a new deal is struck.
Is that known for a fact? If so, how, given the lack of any explanation as to his supposed unavailability from the club?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived